New York City Bag and Luggage Storage
Store Your Luggage Around New York City with Bounce
New York City truly needs no introduction, being that it's largely touted as the best city in the world. It goes without saying that the concrete jungle of NYC offers infinite options for work and play. The New York lifestyle is fast-paced and constantly abuzz, with people zipping around from one activity and neighborhood to the next.
Do you live or commute to work in New York City but don't have the time to drop your briefcase, workout gear, or bags at home before a meeting, a date, or a night out with friends? Fret no more; now you can store your bags all around NYC.
Otherwise, are you traveling to New York for work or vacation? Perhaps you just got into town and your hotel/Airbnb is far away from all the action, you arrived too early before check-in, or you want to explore the neighborhoods close to your port of entry. No matter the scenario, you can safely store your luggage in New York City with Bounce.
No matter the case, the last thing you want is to have your things weigh you down—which is where Bounce comes in.
Luggage Storage in New York City
Bounce is proud to provide on-demand bag and luggage storage in New York. We’ve paid special attention to train stations, bus terminals, airports, and popular neighborhoods with commuters, out-of-town visitors, and tourists in mind. New York City luggage storage shouldn’t be a hassle, and Bounce is proud to provide a solution so that you have the freedom to experience all that NYC has to offer.
New York City Guide
Top Things to Do
NYC is one of the world's most coveted places to live and visit. As "The City That Never Sleeps," infinite options abound around the clock for people of all ages and from all walks of life. From internationally renowned museums and galleries, to high-end department stores and boutiques to fast-fashion conglomerates, and Michelin-star restaurants to 24-hour fast-food chains, there's truly something for everyone to take part in and enjoy in the Big Apple.
While the thought of museums might seem boring or stuffy to some, the ones on offer in NYC are in a league of their own. New York City museums are among the cream of the crop globally, housing some of the world's greatest pieces of art, history, and science. Here are Bounce's top selections for must-visit NYC museums:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: This Upper East Side museum is arguably the grandest of them all. Its collection boasts a whopping two-million pieces spanning 5,000 years. From ancient artifacts to contemporary treasures, the Met truly covers every base. Bonus: New York residents can visit for free or opt to give a small donation. (Bag-check policy: You can leave your coat, umbrella, and small backpack at the Met's coat check. However, luggage and large backpacks aren't permitted inside the museum. Drop off your larger items with a Bounce partner nearby for luggage storage on the Upper East Side.)
- Museum of Modern Art: Only a short stroll away from Grand Central Station, the MoMA is one of the world's most prominent and authoritative museums for Modernist masterpieces. Bonus: Visitors can browse the collections without spending money on UNIQLO Free Friday Nights, every Friday evening from four to eight p.m. Be warned, however, that you'll be pushing past swarms of other bargain hunters. (Bag-check policy: Items up to 11" x 15" x 5” in size can be carried throughout the MoMA. Items exceeding dimensions of 14" x 22" x 9” aren't allowed to be checked. If you're in a bind and don't want to miss the opportunity to visit the MoMA on account of your things, check out Bounce partners nearby for luggage storage near Grand Central Station.
- American Museum of Natural History: Science buffs can't get enough of the natural wonders on display at this Upper West Side behemoth. From the children's favorite Hall of Ornithischian Dinosaurs to the out-of-this-world Hayden Planetarium under the helm of Neil deGrasse Tyson, you can't help but walk away from here wide eyed. (Bag-check policy: You can check your coat, umbrella, and small backpack for $2 per item. However, the museum disallows visitors to check luggage and oversized backpacks. Sidestep any potential inconveniences by counting on Bounce for luggage storage on the Upper West Side.
A trip to NYC wouldn't be complete without some retail therapy. If you can't find what you're looking for in New York, chances are you won't find it anywhere else. Whether you're searching for designer digs that'll cost what some people pay in rent, some simple cost-friendly basics, or a one-of-a-kind vintage piece, NYC stores have it all. Here's a variety of recommended shopping destinations in New York City:
- High-end department stores: The Upper East Side is home to the flagships of some of the world's best department stores. Fashionable options include Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, and Bloomingdales.
- Fast fashion and basics: To get your fix of of-the-moment pieces and basics that won't break the bank, head to the likes of H&M, Zara, Topshop, Gap, and Urban Outfitters. While their branches are scattered throughout the city, shops such as these are most densely concentrated around Times Square and Broadway in Soho.
- Vintage and boutiques: If vintage merchants and smaller boutiques are more up your alley, take your time walking past the storefronts of intimate shops on the Lower East Side, West Village, and Tribeca. (FYI: The latter two neighborhoods will likely have higher price points.)
New York City is a gourmand's playground. The city boasts any and every kind of cuisine you can imagine, whether it's served at a Michelin-star chef's restaurant or out of a modest food truck. From all-American eats like burgers and fries or steak and potatoes; to Korean-Mexican fusion; to hundreds of native offers across the enclaves of Chinatown, Little Italy, and the like; if you crave it, you can have it. Here's a modest roundup of popular foodie options in NYC:
- Chelsea Market: Chelsea's namesake indoor food court offers everything from German currywurst to Jamaican jerk chicken to Mediterranean street food. You can cap off your meal with crepes or doughnuts, and walk off the calories by browsing the dozens of shops under Chelsea Market's roof.
- Smorgasburg: Smorgasburg is a trendy pop-up food market with dozens of vendors offering delectable craft bites. It takes place indoors alongside Brooklyn Flea in winter and at Williamsburg's East River State Park in summer.
- Brunch: Brunch is a weekend staple that many New Yorkers live for; after all, what's better than great food and daytime drinks with friends? Popular Downtown options include Sadelle's in Soho, plus Jack's Wife Freda, Sant Ambroeus, Bar Pitti in the West Village.
Luggage Storage near Penn Station
Penn Station is the busiest railroad station in the Western Hemisphere, serving over 600,000 visitors and commuters each day. While luggage storage at Penn Station isn’t available, Bounce has partnered with businesses in the area to offer you safe and reliable luggage storage solutions only minutes away.
Luggage Storage near Grand Central
Also referred to as Grand Central Station or Grand Central Terminal, this transportation hub doubles as a renowned New York City landmark. While Grand Central has maintained a sense of romanticism and elegance for upwards of a century, it unfortunately doesn’t offer luggage storage—which is where Bounce comes in.
Luggage Storage near Port Authority
The Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) is the largest bus terminal in the country, serving New Jersey commuters and riders on longer intercity routes. If you’re coming into New York City from this major hub with bags in tow, Bounce will be happy to offer luggage storage near Port Authority.
Luggage Storage near JFK Airport
JFK Airport is the busiest of the Tri-State Area’s three major airports, with nonstop and direct flights to six continents across nearly 100 air carriers. You can count on Bounce to store your bags at dozens of locations across New York City upon arriving at JFK.
Luggage Storage near Newark Airport (EWR)
Newark Airport is one of the three major airports servicing flight passengers to and from the New York metropolitan area. Visitors arriving here can rely on Bounce for luggage storage in New York once they make it into the city.
Luggage Storage near LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
LaGuardia Airport is the smallest of New York City’s three major airports, and primarily serves domestic travelers. Although luggage storage at LaGuardia isn’t available, Bounce has you covered for short-term bag storage throughout many neighborhoods and locations in NYC.
Luggage Storage near Madison Square Garden
Madison Square Garden is an iconic arena known for world-class sports, concerts, and entertainment. MSG doesn’t offer coat- and bag-check services, so store your things with Bounce while you enjoy festivities at The Garden.
Luggage Storage in Times Square
Times Square is one of the busiest and most visited pedestrian areas in the world. Since it’s at the top of nearly every tourist’s sightseeing list for New York City, Bounce has made sure to partner with local businesses for luggage storage near Times Square.
Luggage Storage on the Upper East Side
The Upper East Side (UES) is home to some of the city’s wealthiest residents, high-end shopping, and best museums. Whether you want to enjoy the finer things in life in this exclusive enclave or simply seek to stroll through neighboring Central Park, Bounce can take care of your bag and luggage storage on the Upper East Side.
Luggage Storage on the Upper West Side
The Upper West Side (UWS) offers a great mix of residential areas, cultural institutions, and fine and casual dining. If you want to visit the neighboring Central Park free from the burden of your bags, visit one of Bounce’s partners for luggage storage on the Upper West Side.
Luggage Storage in Chelsea
Chelsea is the leading district in Manhattan for art, boasting over 200 world-renowned and up-and-coming galleries. From gallery hopping to walking along the High Line, you’ll want to have the freedom to experience all the neighborhood has to offer—which is why Bounce extends plenty of options for luggage storage in Chelsea.
Luggage Storage in the East Village
For decades, the East Village has been known as a diverse, high-energy, and eclectic neighborhood full of grit and adventure. Visitors to the East Village can drop their things off with a Bounce partner to fully enjoy its countless eateries, dive bars, and vintage shops.
Luggage Storage in the West Village
The West Village is one of Manhattan’s most charming neighborhoods. To stroll its tree-lined, cobblestone streets with your hands free, you can rely on Bounce for bag and luggage storage in the West Village.
Luggage Storage in Greenwich Village
Colloquially known as simply “the Village,” Greenwich Village is the heart and soul of Downtown Manhattan. No trip to the area is complete without a stroll through Washington Square Park—leave your bags with Bounce for the freedom to experience all of its green glory.
Luggage Storage on the Lower East Side
What was once a run-down neighborhood inhabited mostly by immigrants and working-class folk is now one of NYC’s trendiest areas. The Lower East Side remains diverse with hints of grit, and Bounce is there to store your things so you can traverse the neighborhood with ease.
Luggage Storage in Tribeca
Tribeca is an exclusive, tucked-away enclave removed from the hustle and bustle of much of Manhattan. Its cobblestone streets won’t take well to rolling your luggage around, so we suggest dropping your bags with a Bounce partner to walk around in style and with freedom.
Luggage Storage in the Financial District
Nestled on the southern tip of Manhattan, the Financial District of course is the setting of some of the world’s biggest financial institutions, as well as a host of other points of interest. If you’re venturing down south, arrange a drop-off with a Bounce partner to roam the historic streets hands-free.
Luggage Storage in Williamsburg
A short ride across the East River from Manhattan, Williamsburg is one of the trendiest neighborhoods in NYC with no shortage of style or attractions in the area. A trip to Brooklyn wouldn't be complete without a visit here, where Bounce has you covered for short-term luggage storage in Williamsburg.
How It Works
Find the location closest to you. We have locations all around the city.
Drop Off Items
Show your booking receipt and you're good to go. Secured and insured.
Enjoy the City
Go about your day without lugging around your things.
Per bag / day
Simple, affordable, no hidden fees
Per bag / day
Locations all over the city
Discounts at our partners
What people are saying about Bounce
This was so cool!!!! Great service, extremely easy to use, and totally affordable! I didn't know where I'd leave my luggage while we explored San Fran, so I easily Googled luggage storage and found this company. At first it was a little odd dropping my bag off at a chocolate store, but the lady at the register was able to immediately pull up my reservation without any problems and then she put a lock on my suitcase and gave me a card to get it back with. She pushed the bag to the back of their s
Bounce storage is so convenient. This location is inside the Chancellor Hotel at Union Square, San Francisco. Super convenient location, close to transit, attractions. Hotel staff was professional and very pleasant. Great experience with Bounce and I will definitely use again.
Convenient to the Met, which does not allow luggage at coat check. Very easy check in and check out process, with lovely people at the front!
Can’t believe I haven’t used this service until now. So easy & convenient. I 100% recommend.
Ching Yuan Y.
Bounce is the best luggage storage service provider in the New York. I sent an email at midnight , and I got an email back in 10 mins. They are not only solve my issue but also provide solutions. You have to try Bounce !!
I used Bounce during a recent trip to NYC, and I was pleasantly surprised at the ease and convenience of the process. To be honest, at first, I was very apprehensive. The thought of leaving your stuff at a random store, in a place where you are not from and you don't know whether is safe or not, it doesn't matter if anyone gives it a seal of approval, its difficult to be completely comfortable with the idea. However, I was very glad to be proven wrong. The place I chose was a great, clean bodega
Fantastic experience with Bounce! Stored a bag at the Grand Central location and on my last day at the 9/11 Memorial location. Both locations had friendly, efficient staff that were helpful and made everything very easy. Such a great option if your hotel isn't ready or you don't want the hassle of a bag in the city. Great, safe option. Thanks Bounce!