Luggage Storage Interlaken
Instantly reserve the best locations near Interlaken to store your luggage for just CHF 6.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Interlaken Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 22, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Interlaken?" Perhaps you just arrived in Bern and need a place to store your bags near Interlaken before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Eiger, Landi Worb SBB, or Panorama Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Giessbachfall, Trümmelbachfälle, or Beatushöhlen .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Interlaken!
Luggage storage nearby Interlaken with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Bern with multiple locations near Interlaken.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Interlaken area start at just CHF 6.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Interlaken area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Il Caffe Elite Shop in Shop, Stockhorn (Gipfel), and Fafleralp. You can also go for a hike around Aareschlucht, Naturpark Blausee, and Bergrestaurant Schwand. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Hooters (Interlaken), Golden Shisha, and Napoli pizza".
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Interlaken area?
✅Multiple locations near Interlaken✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Interlaken with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Interlaken really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Interlaken and Bern without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Bern!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Bern!View City
Sometimes referred to as the green lung of Europe, Interlaken offers a vast range of outdoor adventures. Here you will need to free yourself of the burden of large bags. Fortunately, Bounce offers luggage storage facilities in the vicinity. Bounce teams up with trusted partners in over three hundred cities throughout the world offering both luggage storage and peace of mind at the same time.
Interlaken is a region of lakes and mountains situated in the heart of Switzerland’s Bernese Oberland. It lies between the lakes of Thun and Brienz. From here, the range of activities available is quite extraordinary. You are at the heart of a hiking network, but in addition you will be able to ride Switzerland's famous cogwheel train or take a boat cruise on one of the many mountain lakes.
Whether your preferences lie with visiting ancient castles and monuments, hiking through Alpine pastures, or flying down snow-covered ski slopes, there will be something for you in Interlaken. Here history and nature seem to have welded seamlessly together to provide a resort so attractive that it is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Things to do in Interlaken
This stunning region offers so many choices to the adventurous tourist that it is difficult to know where to begin. As soon as you have stored your luggage, you will have to consider some of the many and varied options available to you before making your decision.
- Gain a little perspective by riding the funicular railway to Harder. This amazing little cog train will haul you up at a 64° angle to a height of 1322 m. There you will find the views to be spectacular. Stop off at the Art Nouveau restaurant and then take a short hike to the Hardermannli viewpoint from which you will be able to see both lakes, Interlaken, and several mountain ranges. While there, you can pop in at the Harder Alpine Wildlife Park and spy out what the local marmots and ibexes are up to.
- For an altogether more relaxing outing, the Hohematte Park consists of 14 acres of gardens attached to the Augustinian convent. Here you will have to juggle between views of the delicate gardens and flower clock, and the magnificent Jungfrau mountain. Along the way, you will pass the one hundred- and fifty-year-old Victoria Jungfrau Hotel and it is highly likely that you will see paragliders as they come in to land in the gardens themselves.
- Take a boat trip on Lake Thun. On the west side of Interlaken, this medieval town is a great place from which to catch a lake cruise. From the water, the views of the mountains tumbling towards you are both peaceful and impressive at the same time. Whether you opt to cruise on a paddle steamer or a smaller boat, you will be able to get views of some of the many Romanesque churches and ancient castles that line the lakeshores.
- Paddle your own boat. Hiring a canoe or kayak on Lake Brienz allows you to follow your own itinerary. This long narrow stretch of water lies to the east of Interlaken and there are several companies where you can hire craft of your choice and take to the water at your own pace. This lake lies several meters higher than Lake Thun and is surrounded by steep limestone cliffs that offer very different views to those of the other lake.
- Soak up a little history on a short visit to Unspunnen Castle. Thought to have been built in the twelfth century, this castle lies just 3 km from Interlaken. It is thought to have inspired Lord Byron when he wrote his classic 1816 poem 'Manfred'.
Transport options in Interlaken
Interlaken is small and you can easily get around on foot, though horse carriages are another tempting option.
- Most visitors arrive by train and from the station you can travel further afield, as well as catch the funicular.
- Bus services travel both locally and to destinations outside of Interlaken. The easiest place to gain information about travel times is from the local bus station.
- Many lakeside tourist destinations can be reached by boat or ferry and different private companies offer a range of different services and destinations.
Baggage storage options in Interlaken
You would be wise to travel light during your visit to this delightful mountain resort. Bounce partners with local businesses so that you can store your bags for as long as you like, and in complete security. Traveling light will allow you to make the most of this venture into the green lung of Europe.
Activities in and around Interlaken
- Hardergrat: It wouldn’t be right not to discuss at least one of the vast array of hiking trails that are available to you on any visit to Interlaken. Hardergrat is probably one of the most famous, and not something for the fainthearted. This is a tough and dangerous hiking trail that runs between Lake Brien and Harder Kulm along the Brienzersee. It crosses steep country with perilous cliffs, but offers outstanding views to the experienced hiker. Definitely, one that the fitter hiking fanatic will want to consider. Put on your best boots, stow your bags at a Bounce depot, and challenge yourself.
- Unterseen: This is one of several tiny hamlets that make up Interlaken. This one dates back to 1471 and differs greatly from many of the more modern facilities in the area. Here tiny wooden chalets stand shoulder to shoulder with an ancient Gothic tower, and farm animals graze peacefully on the hills surrounding you. This is a wonderful place to try out some traditional dishes at some of the tiny restaurants facing the ancient town square.
- Brienzer-Rothan Railway: This historic railway carries passengers from the wood carving town of Brienz to Brienzer-Rothan. The steam train journey is, in itself, a delight, but you will be well advised to wear hiking boots so that you can do some hiking when you reach your destination.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Interlaken
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Interlaken?
The price for luggage storage near Interlaken is just CHF 6.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Interlaken?
There are multiple locations in the Interlaken area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Grindelwald Railway Station (Bahnhof Grindelwald), Bahnhof Lauterbrunnen, and Bahnhof Eigergletscher and all over Bern.
Is it safe to store your bags near Interlaken?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Interlaken.
Are there storage lockers near Interlaken?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Interlaken area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Interlaken and in the broader Bern area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Interlaken?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Interlaken are Hotel Brienzersee, Neuhaus Golf- & Strandhotel, and Wellness & Spa Hotel Beatus. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Interlaken are Credo Schloss Unspunnen, Jugendherberge Interlaken, and Albert Wander-Haus Jugendherberge.
Where are the best restaurants near Interlaken?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Interlaken are Harder Kulm, Sapori, and Vicoria Terrasse.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Interlaken?
Check out the nearby Interlaken Park, Schmiedmatte, and Japanischer Garten Interlaken.