Instantly reserve the best locations near Cambridge Station to store your luggage for just £5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Cambridge Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Cambridge Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Cambridge and need a place to store your bags near Cambridge Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ross Dress for Less, My Favorite Shoes, or Old Navy and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Sardis Lake, The Quad, or Ward Family Farms .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Cambridge Station!
Luggage storage nearby Cambridge Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Cambridge with multiple locations near Cambridge Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Cambridge Station area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Cambridge Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Yocona Ridge, and Lafayette County Line. You can also go for a hike around Bailey's Woods Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Tequila's Mexican Bar & Grill, The Growler, and Chili's Grill & Bar.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Cambridge Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Cambridge Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Cambridge Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Cambridge Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Cambridge Station and Cambridge without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Cambridge!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Cambridge!View City
About Cambridge Station
By the time Britain began to industrialize and build its network of railways, Cambridge was already a very important town. The presence of its ancient University meant there was a lot of demand for travel to and from the city. The first survey for a railway line in the city was performed way back in 1822. However, it wasn’t until 1845 that the first station was opened, connecting the city with London.
Soon, other lines began to connect to the station from around the country, bringing students and other travelers to the city. However, the train station and the University it serves haven’t always had the easiest relationship. In the late nineteenth century, there were plans to move the train station closer to the center of the city, but these were blocked by the University. Over the years, Cambridge itself has grown and changed, so now the center of the city isn’t far from the railway station, at around a mile away. Still, the station is less central than in other British towns thanks to the University.
Things to do near Cambridge Station
Although it’s a little way out of the center of the city, you don’t have to travel far from Cambridge Station to explore what there is to do in this famous city. Drop off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage and you’ll soon find plenty to keep you occupied.
- Just outside Cambridge Station, you’ll find the magnificent Cambridge University Botanic Garden. Housing 8000 different species spread over 16 hectares, this garden dates back to 1831. It’s the perfect place to relax and breathe some fresh air right by the station.
- Travel the world without leaving the city at the Fitzwilliam Museum. The collection here is truly staggering, encompassing fine art, antiques, manuscripts, and many other cultural items. Works by Titian, Monet, and Picasso are highlights of the extensive collection, and best of all, the museum is free to enter.
- See the educational institute that has shaped the city with a tour of the Cambridge colleges. Unlike more modern institutions, Cambridge University is spread between multiple colleges located throughout the city. A guided tour will help you understand the significance of each one and fill you in on the most interesting stories from the university’s 800 plus year history.
- Enjoy the outdoors the way generations of students have by going punting along the River Cam. These flat-bottomed boats are the ideal way to enjoy the calm waters of the river and get stunning views of some of Cambridge’s most ancient colleges.
- Step back into the time of the dinosaurs at the Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences. Cambridge’s oldest museum was founded as the fossil collection of a prominent 18th-century geologist. Like other museums in Cambridge, it’s also free to enter.
Transit options at Cambridge Station
- Cambridge Station is the northern terminus of a rail line which begins at London Liverpool Street Station, making it easy to reach from the capital. Also, trains from around the UK stop at the station.
- The train station is served by bus route 1, which will take you the mile or so to the city center.
- Cambridge Airport is only a regional airport, but it’s close to the railway station, and the two are connected by bus route 3.
Luggage storage near Cambridge Station
As is often the case with very old cities, Cambridge is quite literally made for walking. And if the weather cooperates, exploring on foot is definitely the best way to see everything the city has to offer. You can make life much easier on yourself by dropping off your unneeded bags at a luggage storage near Cambridge Station. The lighter you travel, the more you’ll be able to see and the more fun you’ll have in this unique town.
Attractions and activities near Cambridge Station
- See Britain’s biggest aviation museum at the Imperial War Museum Duxford. Ten miles south of Cambridge, this impressive institution has five different airplane hangars and houses aircraft used in wars going all the way back to the First World War. There are also tanks, armored cars, and pieces of artillery that help to tell the story of warfare in the twentieth century and beyond. Don’t miss the American Air Museum on site to see one of the world’s fastest planes, the SR 71 Blackbird, the only example of this technological marvel on display outside the United States.
- The colleges of Cambridge produced many great scientists and explorers, and this heritage is recognized at the Polar Museum. The museum was founded as a memorial to Captain Scott and his doomed mission to the South Pole. The bravery of Scott and his men makes an impressive if tragic tale and the original artifacts in the museum bring the story to life.
- See an impressive feat of engineering at the Mathematical Bridge. This wooden footbridge is an icon of the city, and the first version of it was built back in 1749. The current bridge dates to 1906, but is an accurate replica of the original. The self-supporting bridge is meticulously designed to shed its load in the most efficient way possible — an appropriate symbol for this most intellectual of cities.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Cambridge Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Cambridge Station?
The price for luggage storage near Cambridge Station is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Cambridge Station?
There are multiple locations in the Cambridge Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near University-Oxford Airport, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and U-Haul Neighborhood Dealer and all over Cambridge.
Is it safe to store your bags near Cambridge Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Cambridge Station.
Are there storage lockers near Cambridge Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Cambridge Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Cambridge Station and in the broader Cambridge area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best restaurants near Cambridge Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Cambridge Station are Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's, and Sonic Drive-In.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Cambridge Station?
Check out the nearby Lamar Park-Lake Patsy, Garden Terrace Park, and Avent Park.