How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Rossio Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Rossio?" Perhaps you just arrived in Lisbon and need a place to store your bags near Rossio before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ralph Lauren, Centro Comercial Alegro Setúbal, or Fórum Montijo and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Praia da Costa da Caparica, Praia de Carcavelos, or Baía de Cascais .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Rossio!
Luggage storage nearby Rossio with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Lisbon with multiple locations near Rossio.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Rossio area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Rossio area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Cabo da Roca, Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara, and Miradouro de Santa Luzia. You can also go for a hike around Paredão de Cascais, Passeio Marítimo de Belém, and Parque Linear Ribeirinho do Estuario do Tejo. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out LX Factory, Ribeira das Naus - Quiosque, and Heineken Grand Café.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Rossio area?
✅Multiple locations near Rossio✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Rossio with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Rossio really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Rossio and Lisbon without your things!
The Portuguese capital of Lisbon is one of Europe’s most enchanting cities, and also one of its most reasonably priced. In many ways, the public square at Rossio is the beating heart of this vibrant city.
If you find yourself in Lisbon with heavy bags, Bounce is here for you. By partnering with small businesses in cities throughout the world, Bounce ensures you always have a place to leave your belongings in safety.
Officially named King Pedro IV Square, this public space is better known to locals and visitors alike as Rossio. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, it’s one of the liveliest places in the city, and often hosts interesting events in Lisbon’s cultural and political life. In fact, the square has been an important part of Lisbon since the Middle Ages, and has seen bullfights, executions, and political revolts over the course of its long life.
Rebuilt after the devastating 1755 earthquake, the square was continually renovated through the centuries and became the home of some of Lisbon’s most important institutions. In the late nineteenth century, the Rossio Train Station was built, maintaining the importance of the square in the life of the city up to the present day.
Rossio has been the heart of the city for centuries. But most of its modern appeal is not focused on the past. It’s the place to see and be seen in Lisbon, and is the perfect location to enjoy a leisurely meal or drink while watching the world go by. In many ways, this grand square functions as Lisbon’s living room.
Things to do near Rossio
Rossio, thanks to its many restaurants and bars and its lively street life, is an attraction all by itself. But it also has the advantage of being very close to the best of what Lisbon has to offer. Plus, with excellent transit connections to the rest of the city, it’s easy to reach just about any part of Lisbon from this central square.
- Enjoy a drink or a meal among the terraces of Largo Duque Cadaval. This enclosed nook is home to grand old buildings and some great restaurants, and it comes alive at night. It’s the perfect place to enjoy Lisbon like the locals do.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at Armazens do Chiado. This city center shopping mall hosts dozens of stores including international brands. If you need to do some work on your vacation, it’s also known for having incredibly fast public Wi-Fi.
- Learn more about Lisbon’s street art scene at Workshop of Graffiti. This outdoor gallery hosts some of the best graffiti and street art the city has to offer, and it’s the perfect place to get usual photos to show the folks back home.
- Get a stunning view over the historic heart of the city at Arco da Rue Augusta. This impressive triumphal arch dates back to 1875 and has a viewing platform on top that’s the perfect place for photography.
- Learn more about the city’s history at the Lisbon Story Center. Less a museum and more of a history-themed attraction, the Story Center uses state-of-the-art multimedia exhibits to give an hour-long tour through the long history of the Portuguese capital.
Transit options near Rossio
- Aerobus 1 connects Lisbon airport with Rossio.
- Rossio Train Station serves the square with both commuter and intercity trains from other locations throughout Portugal.
- Rossio is served by the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro.
Luggage storage near Rossio
As the beating heart of the city, as well as a link in Lisbon’s transit infrastructure, Rossio can be an extremely busy place. That’s part of its charm, as is the best place to enjoy the vibrant street life of the capital. But it’s not the ideal place to be carrying heavy bags.
Luckily, Bounce can help. By providing secure luggage storage at local businesses near the square, Bounce makes it easy to store your unneeded belongings while you explore. Drop off everything you don’t need and let yourself enjoy Lisbon to the fullest.
Activities and attractions near Rossio
- The Belem Tower is one of Lisbon’s most popular attractions, and an icon of the city. Dating back to the Middle Ages, the tower was intended to protect the city’s vital port. During the Age of Exploration, it became the place where Portuguese explorers set out to map the world. Now, it’s a great place to enjoy sea views while learning a little more about the history of the city and the seafaring nation it’s part of.
- Built in 1902 to connect different neighborhoods of the hilly city, the Santa Justa elevator is a can’t-miss experience in Lisbon. The only remaining vertical elevator in the city, this relic provides incredible views over Lisbon and has become one of the capital’s top tourist attractions. And as part of the city’s transit infrastructure, it’s free to ride if you have a Lisbon travel pass.
- The Castelo de San Jorge is another of the city’s most famous monuments. The hill it sits on was occupied all the way back in the first century BC, and the first foundations of the castle itself date back to the eighth century. Once the fortress of the Moorish rulers of Lisbon, it was captured by Christian forces in 1147. It has since served as a royal palace and a barracks, and is now a museum that tells the military history of the city in the place that helped to shape it.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Rossio
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Rossio?
The price for luggage storage near Rossio is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Rossio?
There are multiple locations in the Rossio area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Sintra Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Sintra), Estação Ferroviária de Queluz-Belas, and Terminal 1 and all over Lisbon.
Is it safe to store your bags near Rossio?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Rossio.
Are there storage lockers near Rossio?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Rossio area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Rossio and in the broader Lisbon area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Rossio?
Popular metro stations like Metro Odivelas, Metro Aeroporto (Metro Aeroporto [VM]), or Campo Grande - Metro can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Lisbon near Rossio, you may be close to some bus stations: Terminal Rodoviário de Sete Rios, Terminal Rodoviário da Gare do Oriente, or Terminal TST - Gare do Oriente. If traveling by train, Cais do Sodré Train Station (Estação Ferroviária do Cais do Sodré), Estação Ferroviária da Amadora, and Entrecampos Train Station (Estação Ferroviária de Entrecampos) are nearest to Rossio.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Rossio?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Rossio are Hotel Mundial, Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa, and Pestana Palace Hotel & National Monument. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Rossio are Home Lisbon Hostel, Fonte Luminosa, and Sunset Destination Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Rossio?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Rossio are Dom Pastel, Pastéis de Belém, and o Mercado.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Rossio?
Check out the nearby Parque Eduardo VII, Jardim do Campo Grande, and Parque da Fonte Luminosa.