Munich Central Station Luggage Storage
Instantly reserve the best locations near Munich Central Station to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Munich Central Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Munich Central Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Munich and need a place to store your bags near Munich Central Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at AEZ Amper Einkaufszentrum, Stachus Passagen, or Hirmer and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Marienplatz, Karlsplatz, or Eisbach Wave (Eisbachwelle) .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Munich Central Station!
Luggage storage nearby Munich Central Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Munich with multiple locations near Munich Central Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Munich Central Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Munich Central Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Wildpark Poing, Josef Maier, and Englischer Garten. You can also go for a hike around Campus TU Garching, Südpark, and Waldtruderinger Forst. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Hotel NH Collection München Bavaria, Biergarten Am Chinesischen Turm im Englischen Garten, and Augustiner Biergarten.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Munich Central Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Munich Central Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Munich Central Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Munich Central Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Munich Central Station and Munich without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Munich!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Munich!View City
About Munich Central Station
Munich Central Station (also known as Munich Hauptbahnhof or Munich HBF) is a train station located in Munich, Germany. Munich Central Station is one of the busiest stations in Germany, serving hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. Munich HBF offers both national and international travel, connecting Munich with many other major cities in Europe. The chances are if you spend any time exploring Munich, you'll end up passing through Munich Central Station.
The original Munich Central Station was constructed in the mid-1800s, but was badly damaged during World War II. Construction of the modern Munich Central Station started in the 1950s, featuring spacious neoclassical architecture. In the 1960s, the train station was expanded to accommodate the newly built S Bahn metro line.
Munich Central Station is the perfect location to store your luggage before heading out for a day in Munich, thanks to its central location and abundance of transport options.
Things to in and around Munich HBF
Munich Central Station is surrounded by some of the most popular tourist attractions in Munich and offers several shops, cafes, and restaurants, where you can relax while waiting around on your next bus or train. Here are a few of the best things to do in and around Munich Central Station:
- Dig into a tasty dish at one of the many restaurants located at Munich Central Station. Popular options for sit-down meals include the Mexican chain-restaurant Condesa and Italian eatery L'Osteria.
- If you're looking for a quick coffee or snack, head to one of many takeaway cafes and chains at Munich Central station. Grab a Big Mac at McDonald's or a cheap and cheerful coffee or a sandwich at Yorma's.
- If you fancy escaping the busy station for a couple of hours, head to the English Gardens. This picturesque park is one of the biggest urban parks in the world. It also features a beer garden in case you fancy a pint in the sunshine.
- Learn more about the city at the Munich Stadtmuseum. You'll find dozens of intriguing exhibits at this museum ranging in topics from music history to puppeteering.
- Enjoy a spot of shopping at the Marienplatz. Munich's city center is just around the corner from Munich Central Station and boasts many of the city's best stores and restaurants.
Transit Options At Munich Central Station
- U Bahn Train Service (1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 27)
- S Bahn Train Service (1, 2, 4, 5)
- Bus Service (58)
- Taxi Rank
Luggage Storage Near Munich Central Station
Munich is one of the largest cities in Germany, offering dozens of historical sights and Bavarian cultural attractions. Bounce's Munich Central Station luggage storage services are ideal for storing your luggage. There are several convenient storage facilities located at nearby stores, hotels, and dry cleaners where you can stash your stuff before discovering the best sights Munich has to offer.
Attractions and Activities near Munich Central Station
- Nymphenburg Castle: Nymphenburg Castle is one of Munich's most popular attractions, and it's easy to see why. This lavish Baroque-style estate was constructed in the mid 17th century as a summer residence for Bavarian Elector Ferdinand Maria and his family. Nymphenburg Castle is open for tours, which will take you through many of the castle's most impressive rooms, including the Coat of Arms Chamber and the Chinese Lacquer Cabinet. Large bags are prohibited inside Nymphenburg Castle, so make sure to drop your things off at a Munich luggage storage facility.
- Hofbräuhaus München: Quench your thirst at one of the world's most historic beer halls. Hofbräuhaus München is over 500 years old and features an ornate Baroque interior. Enjoy a pint of Bavarian beer and chow down on some classic local cuisine, including bratwurst and soft pretzels. Many famous faces have been known to frequent this renowned beer hall, including Mozart, who used to live nearby. Hofbräuhaus München can be quite hectic at peak times, so you might want to drop your bags off before heading here.
- BMW Museum - Munich is home to some fascinating modern attractions as well as ancient landmarks. Any gearhead will love exploring the state-of-the-art BMW museum, which documents the history of this iconic car manufacturer. The museum is home to over 100 exhibits, with dozens of sleek automobiles, including BMW Roadsters and the futuristic BMW i. You're not allowed to bring suitcases and backpacks into the BMW Museum, so head to one of our Munich Central Station luggage storage services first.
- Hellabrunn Zoo - If you're looking for a fun activity your kids will love, plan a trip to Hellabrunn Zoo. Located on the banks of Isar River, this zoo is unique as it features very few cages. Instead, the zoo uses geographical features to keep the animals inside their enclosures. You'll see some amazing and exotic animals while strolling around the zoo, such as polar bears, greater kudu, and swamp wallabies. Hellabrunn Zoo also runs animal shows and daily feedings, where you can interact with your favorite animals and see them up close.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Munich Central Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Munich Central Station?
The price for luggage storage near Munich Central Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Munich Central Station?
There are multiple locations in the Munich Central Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near S Wolfratshausen, S Taufkirchen, and S Ismaning and all over Munich.
Is it safe to store your bags near Munich Central Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Munich Central Station.
Are there storage lockers near Munich Central Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Munich Central Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Munich Central Station and in the broader Munich area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Munich Central Station?
Popular metro stations like U-Bahnhof Odeonsplatz or U-Bahnhof Dietlindenstraße can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Munich near Munich Central Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Central Bus Station Munich (ZOB München), Busterminal Fröttmaning, or CitySightSeeing München. If traveling by train, München Hauptbahnhof, München-Pasing Station (Bahnhof München-Pasing), and S+U Hauptbahnhof are nearest to Munich Central Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Munich Central Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Munich Central Station are Andaz Munich Schwabinger Tor, Bayerischer Hof, and Hilton Munich City. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Munich Central Station are Euro Youth Hotel, Wombats City Hostel Munich, and Jaeger's Hotel Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Munich Central Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Munich Central Station are Viktualienmarkt, Yorma's, and BMW World (BMW Welt).
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Munich Central Station?
Check out the nearby Theresienwiese, Flaucher, and Hofgarten.