Luggage Storage Positano
Instantly reserve the best locations near Positano to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Positano Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Positano?" Perhaps you just arrived in Salerno and need a place to store your bags near Positano before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Galleria Umberto I, Galleria Piazza Garibaldi, or H&M and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Pompeii Archaeological Park (Area Archeologica di Pompei), Villa Rufolo, or Marina del Cantone .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Positano!
Luggage storage nearby Positano with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Salerno with multiple locations near Positano.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Positano area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Positano area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Pasticceria Sal De Riso - Minori, P.T.C. Porto Turistico di Capri, and Bar Diamante. You can also go for a hike around Vesuvius National Park (Parco nazionale del Vesuvio), Baia di Ieranto, and Sentiero degli dei. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Bar Del Sole, Bar Syrenuse, and Fauno Bar.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Positano area?
✅Multiple locations near Positano✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Positano with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Positano really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Positano and Salerno without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Salerno!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Salerno!View City
Positano has never been a big place. Even now, its permanent population is only around four thousand people. This isn't a place where history has been made, where great palaces have been built or wars have been fought. That's not what brings people here.
Instead, it's the scenic beauty of the town. Its setting on tall cliffs above the bright Mediterranean Sea couldn't be more picturesque. And the town itself, known for its colorful houses and its beautiful church, only enhances the gorgeous landscape that surrounds it.
Positano has been inhabited since the Stone Age, when hunter-gatherers made a home in caves on the cliffs. In the first century BC, wealthy Romans built villas in the hills overlooking the sea, beginning the long history of the Amalfi coast as a vacation destination. After the fall of the Roman Empire, Positano reverted to its status as a village supported primarily by fishing and agriculture. During the 10th and 11th centuries, it became part of the independent state known as the Republic of Amalfi. Later, in the 15th and 16th centuries, its port made it a wealthy market town. However, this prosperity didn’t last. The town’s economy faltered in the middle of the 19th century, and Positano went into a steep decline, which saw many of its residents emigrate to America.
That all changed beginning in the 1950s, when an influx of foreign tourists discovered the charm of the village. Writer John Steinbeck was one of them, and his essay on Positano in 1953 helped to bring the place to the attention of the wider world. Now, the Amalfi coast as a whole receives around five million visitors per year.
Things to do in Positano
Positano is a small place, and the town itself can be explored in a single day. But thanks to the presence of mountains and sea, not to mention the other charming towns of the Amalfi coast, there’s plenty to do in and around Positano.
- See the towns of the Amalfi Coast on a boat trip. Several operators will take you out on a speedboat or a traditional fishing boat to see Positano in the surrounding villages in the best way possible: from the sea. There are few more relaxing experiences than drifting along over the calm waters and seeing one beautiful village after another.
- Fine-tune your tan by hitting the beach. Despite its small size, Positano has a number of beaches for visitors to enjoy. The Marina Grande beach is free for anyone to visit, but you'll want to stake out your spot early. For a little more luxury, you could visit one of the private beach clubs and rent an umbrella and a sun lounger to really enjoy your day.
- Visit a natural wonder at the Grotta dello Smeraldo, or emerald cave. This sea cave can be reached by boat from Positano and is known for the beauty of its bright green water. A local guide will take you inside on a rowboat for a short tour of the cave to see the eerie glow of the sun that comes through the water here.
- Stretch your legs on the Sentiero degli Dei. This famous hiking trail runs through the hills above Positano, connecting some of the villages of the Amalfi coast and offering unsurpassed views over the ocean. Bring plenty of water for this five-mile trail, and whatever you do, don't forget your camera.
- Enjoy the local produce of the region with a wine tasting. The climate of the Amalfi coast lends itself to grape production, and you can try some of the local wines and pair them with delicious Italian cuisine in a restaurant just above Positano. A sommelier will help you enjoy the huge variety of wines from the region, and you may come away with a new favorite.
Transit options in Positano
- Positano can be reached by bus from the nearest town, Sorrento. The bus connects all the Amalfi coast villages, but the winding mountain road takes some time to travel.
- You can also reach Positano by ferry from either Sorrento to the north or Salerno to the south. The ferries run multiple times a day from the Marina Grande, with some going directly to the city and others stopping at the smaller villages along the way.
- There is an internal bus service within Positano. The local bus connects the outskirts of the village with the main bus depot at Marina Grande.
Luggage storage in Positano
The absolute best way to experience a place like Positano is on foot. Many of the narrow streets are too small for vehicle traffic, and the quaint shops, bars, and restaurants are often tucked away in places you can only reach by foot. However, these narrow streets can get crowded at times, and you don't want to be carrying more than you need to.
Bounce can help you explore Positano by giving you a place to store heavy bags. Drop off any size of bags for as long as you like at a Positano luggage storage shop so you can get around more easily.
Activities and attractions near Positano
- Sorrento: Most visitors reach Positano and the Amalfi Coast via Sorrento. But this coastal city is more than just a means to an end. Take in the exciting vibe of the city at Piazza Tasso, or enjoy sweeping views from Villa Comunale. Like most towns in Italy, Sorrento is also home to some exceptional restaurants, and the seafood is especially well-regarded. Before making the journey to Sorrento, make sure to drop off unneeded bags at a luggage storage service in Positano to make your trip easier.
- Naples: One of Italy's largest cities, Naples lies to the north of Positano under the shadow of the volcano Vesuvius. Although the city has suffered from a bad reputation, Naples has cleaned up its act dramatically in the past few decades and is now a fascinating place to visit. This beautiful city is home to a stunning cathedral, priceless works of art, and the up-and-coming Vomero district on the hills overlooking the sea. It's also the birthplace of pizza, and is worth visiting for the food alone.
- Capri: A short ferry ride from Naples or Sorrento brings you to the island of Capri. This beautiful island was once the favorite vacation destination of Roman emperors and is still home to famous names in the world of fashion, film, and finance. It's not hard to see why. With its crystal-clear sea, beautiful weather, abundant orchards, and interesting ruins, Capri is a dreamlike place to visit, and one you'll never forget.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Positano
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Positano?
The price for luggage storage near Positano is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Positano?
There are multiple locations in the Positano area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Naples International Airport (NAP) (Aeroporto Internazionale di Napoli Capodichino), Circumvesuviana - Stazione Torre del Greco, and Funicolare Centrale - Augusteo and all over Salerno.
Is it safe to store your bags near Positano?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Positano.
Are there storage lockers near Positano?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Positano area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Positano and in the broader Salerno area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Positano?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Positano are Marina Grande Residence, Panorama Palace Hotel, and Hotel Mary. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Positano are Seven Hostel, Sisters Hostel, and Ulisse Deluxe Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Positano?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Positano are Collina Positano Bakery, Il Ruttino, and Amalfi Terminal.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Positano?
Check out the nearby Parco Henrik Ibsen, Parco Regionale dei Monti Lattari, and Lungomare di Castellammare di Stabia.