Ayia Napa Visitor Guide 2023: Everything you need to know
Ayia Napa is a thriving resort town in Cyprus. Renowned for its stunning beaches and raging nightlife, it’s the perfect place for a relaxing vacation or an adventurous one. Located on the southern coast of the country, Ayia Napa shares its name with a Venetian monastery that can be found in the center of town. It is a popular tourist spot, along with various other historic monuments in the area. From picturesque aqua waters and sea caves to cultural attractions and theme parks, Ayia Napa has something for everyone. This makes it a great destination for all ages, as well as groups and solo travelers alike!
A weekend in Ayia Napa
If you need a short break, you can’t go wrong with Ayia Napa. The scenes of white sand beaches and clear waters will have you relaxing from the moment you set foot in town. Even a couple of days can help you to rejuvenate, so book a trip here next time you're in need of a weekend getaway!
Make the most of every moment by using Bounce luggage storage service in Ayia Napa. It’s perfect if you have a late check-in or early check-out, allowing you to drop your things whenever you need to.
Once you have your things sorted, get out and explore! We recommend starting with these must-see attractions.
- Monastery of Ayia Napa - Take a step back in time with a visit to this monastery. Sharing the same name as the town, you’ll be mesmerized as you wander around this attractive area.
- Cape Greco - Just outside of Ayia Napa, the Cape is well worth a visit. Offering stunning views of the headland and water, Cape Greco is a popular spot for day trips.
- WaterWorld Themed Waterpark - This Ancient Greece-themed waterpark is great fun for all ages. With slides, playgrounds, and a wave pool, you certainly won’t get bored!
Ayia Napa Lockers
Luggage can be slightly (or significantly) problematic on a vacation. You get to a new place and all you want to do is relax or explore, but check-in isn’t for a few hours so you’re stuck with your things. Not with Bounce! They offer flexible bag storage in Ayia Napa so you can drop your things and pick them up whenever you need to. It’s that simple!
Off the beaten path in Ayia Napa
Looking for a holiday that’s more than just sitting on the beach and drinking cocktails? While Ayia Napa is great for both of those things, it also has a lot more to offer.
Check out some of these hidden gems for a truly unique vacation in Ayia Napa.
- Sculpture Park - This park overlooks the ocean and boasts a collection of nearly 40 sculptures. Enjoying art in a beautiful natural setting - it doesn’t get much better than this!
- Konnos Bay - This beach is much quieter than the main ones in town. You’ll get to enjoy the beach and beach bars without the crowds.
- Troodos Mountains - Many visitors never leave the beaches, and for good reason. They are something special in Ayia Napa. However, if you are feeling adventurous and looking for a more authentic experience, head inland to Troodos Mountains. The area has a number of villages that will give you a different perspective.
What to do alone in Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa is a great place to relax on your own or meet some new friends. If you’re on a solo adventure, add these attractions to your itinerary.
- Makronissos Beach - This beach has clear water, a beach bar, and sunbeds. What more could you want for a day in the sun?
- Thalassa Museum - This maritime museum is very informative and a great way to learn about the local area.
- Sea Caves - Looking for adventure? Head to the sea caves for some exploring, snorkeling, or even a cliff jump.
The best souvenirs in Ayia Napa
Souvenir shopping can be difficult, especially if you need to buy gifts for loved ones back home. It can even be hard to find the perfect memento for yourself. After all, you want something unique and representative of the destination, but not tacky.
For typical souvenir items such as caps and T-shirts, head to Twins Shop or Tonias No. 2 Souvenir Shop. Both have a great range and you should be able to tick a few people off your shopping list. Eleana Cyprus Traditional Store is a good option if you are looking for something a little more authentic. It has good handmade items and local food items. Finally, Acapella offers a range of products for the movie lover in your life as well as other quirky souvenirs.
If you happen to overindulge in the retail therapy, drop store some things at Bounce luggage storage service in Ayia Napa. It will save you heading back to your accommodation!