+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Albufeira
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Albufeira Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Albufeira?" Perhaps you just arrived in Albufeira and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Faro-forum algarve, Starbucks Mar Shopping Algarve, or Continente Portimão and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Praia de Benagil, Praia da Quinta do Lago, or Praia da Rocha and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Albufeira!
Luggage storage nearby most Albufeira hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Albufeira and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Albufeira start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Albufeira now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Pastelaria Univerdoce, Starbucks Forum Algarve, and Café Amoreira. You can also go for a hike around Zona Ribeirinha, Hanging Valley, and Algarve Hiking Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Mirador, The Red Lion, and Kidoce.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Albufeira with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Albufeira without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Located 160 miles from the Portuguese capital of Lisbon and 28 miles from the larger town of Faro, Albufeira isn’t a big place. In fact, back in 2001, the city had only 13,000 residents. However, these days the city and its region are home to over 40,000 locals. And even this number is dwarfed by the 300,000 people that occupy the town during the summer.
As the numbers show, Albufeira is most definitely a tourist town. Tourism is by far the main industry in Albufeira, and it’s no mystery as to why. Blessed with sunny weather, sandy beaches, and a dramatic rugged coastline, Albufeira draws visitors from all over Europe and around the world to enjoy a beach vacation.
The name Albufeira comes from the Arabic Al-buhera, meaning Castle of the Sea, and this was indeed a Moorish settlement, like many of the towns along the Portuguese coast. Starting in the 12th century, Christian forces began to retake the Iberian Peninsula, and Albufeira was conquered in 1249.
For most of its history, Albufeira relied on fishing and agriculture to support itself. However, in the mid 20th century, the fishing industry began to decline. As fisheries closed, the population of the town halved. Beginning in the 1960s, however, the fortunes of Albufeira began to change thanks to an influx of tourists. Now, five million tourists visit the Algarve region every year, and a large portion of them find their way to Albufeira.
Things to do in Albufeira
For most of its history, Albufeira wasn't an important enough place to be blessed with many important buildings or monuments. Instead, much of what makes the region so special is its natural beauty. This is an unapologetic resort town, and it makes the most of its fortunate location on a stunning coast to keep visitors occupied.
- Get your beach time at the Praia de Marinha. Often ranked as one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe – and the world – this stretch of golden sand is surrounded by rugged cliffs. As well as stunning rock formations, the beach has been recognized for the outstanding quality and clarity of its water. All in all, it's an absolutely beautiful place to spend some time.
- Have a blast at Zoomarine Algarve. This amusement park combines water slides and a wave pool with dolphin shows, an aquarium, and its own sandy beach. Let the kids blow off some steam while you relax with a cool drink at this exciting attraction.
- See the glamorous side of Albufeira at Marina de Vilamoura. This upscale neighborhood has developed around Portugal's largest marina. Shop local boutiques and prestigious international brands, dine in some of the best restaurants around, or try your luck at the casino.
- Explore more of the Algarve coastline at Algar Seco rock formations. A clifftop walk on an elevated walkway leads to these intriguing caves and limestone rock formations. Visit at sunset for an extra photogenic scene.
- Sample the local cuisine at Restaurant Palacete. This Albufeira institution serves up delicious traditional Portuguese cuisine, with emphasis on fresh seafood and local flavors. Finish off your meal with a glass or two of the local wine for truly Portuguese experience.
Transit options in Albufeira
- The nearest airport to Albufeira is in Faro. You'll need to travel first to Faro's main bus station before boarding a bus for Albufeira.
- The express bus from Faro to Albufeira takes around an hour, while the regional bus takes about an hour and a half.
- Giro is the local bus company in Albufeira and runs five bus routes through the town, serving all the major beaches and tourist attractions.
Luggage storage in Albufeira
As a small town built around tourism, Albufeira is highly walkable. Thanks to the warm weather and gorgeous scenery of this part of Portugal, that's really the best way to get around. But heavy bags can quickly turn a pleasant stroll into an arduous slog. That's why Bounce offers luggage storage in Albufeira. Drop off any unneeded bags before you hit the beach, the Old Town, or any of the other local attractions. You'll be glad you did.
Activities and attractions near Albufeira
- Silves: Only half an hour's drive from Albufeira, Silves provides a welcome break from the beach for those looking for more culture. Silves was once the capital of the Kingdom of the Algarve, and is best known for its hilltop Moorish castle. Explore the history of the region and take in stunning views from this ancient fortification, and take the time to explore the town. Make your journey easier on yourself by dropping off any unneeded bags at an Albufeira luggage storage in Albufeira shop.
- Lagos: Westward along the coast from Albufeira, the coastal town of Lagos is well worth the 45 minute journey. The old walled city and the famous lighthouse makes it an atmospheric place to visit, and the views over the Atlantic are stunning. Don't miss the castle that bears witness to the historic importance of Lagos. And make sure to drop off any heavy bags at a luggage storage location in Albufeira before visiting.
- Faro: Chances are, you'll pass through Faro on your way to or from Albufeira anyway. But the Algarve's capital is more than just a stop along your way. The ancient Cathedral, municipal museum, and the charming cobblestone streets of the old town are all worth at least a day of exploration, if not more.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Albufeira?
The price for luggage storage in Albufeira is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Albufeira?
There are multiple locations all around Albufeira which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Praia de Benagil, Praia da Quinta do Lago, Praia da Rocha and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Albufeira?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Albufeira.
Are there storage lockers in Albufeira?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Albufeira. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Albufeira where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Albufeira?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Praia da Galé, Restaurante Antiquários dos Leitões, and Roberto`s Chicken piri-piri. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Albufeira are Paraiso de Albufeira, Casa Algarvia Boutique & Suites, and Apartamentos Herdade dos Salgados.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Albufeira?
Albufeira offers several scenic parks including Parque de Vale Faro, Parque Infantil Urbanização Nosso Tecto, and Parque Ambiental de VILAMOURA.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Albufeira?
You can find local tourist information at Dream Wave, Zebra Safari - Actividades Turísticas, and Posto de Turismo de Albufeira.