+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Antigua
Freedom to explore for $5.90/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Antigua Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 22, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Antigua?" Perhaps you just arrived in Antigua and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Condado Concepción, Centro Comercial La Pradera, or Centro Comercial Santa Clara and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Parque Central de La Antigua Guatemala, Iximché, or Parque Central Sumpango, Sacatepequez and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Antigua!
Luggage storage nearby most Antigua hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Antigua and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Antigua start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Antigua now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Airport Lounge, Café Barista - Antigua, and Café Barista El Beneficio. You can also go for a hike around San Pedro Sacatepequez, Calzada San Juan, and hobbitenango. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Cerveceria 14, Bullseye Sports Pub, and Antigua Cerveza : El Bosque.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Antigua with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Antigua without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Luggage storage in Antigua
Store your Luggage around Antigua with Bounce
Located in the Central Highlands of Guatemala, Antigua was once the capital of what was known as the Captaincy General of Guatemala from 1543 to 1773. That made it one of the most important cities in the new country and has left modern Antigua with a legacy of beautiful Baroque colonial architecture that makes it a popular tourist attraction to this day.
Not to be mistaken with the Caribbean country of Antigua, Antigua in Guatemala is only 35 km from the modern-day capital of the country, Guatemala City. That makes it an easy place to add on to a trip to the capital and easy to reach thanks to Guatemala City airport.
So why do people come to Antigua, Guatemala? The colonial town center, designated a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a big part of it. Iconic structures like the Hotel Casa Domingo and San Francisco Church make great locations for photography and are fascinating places to explore for a few hours. But it's not just history buffs who find their way here. With volcanoes nearby, Antigua, Guatemala, is also a great place for backpackers and outdoor enthusiasts, as you'll learn if you spend any time in online destination forums devoted to the city.
And beyond all that, Antigua provides a great location to discover the more hidden side of Guatemala. You can spend an entire day here adjusting to the slower pace of life and getting to know locals away from the chaos of the big city.
But whatever you choose to do in Antigua, you'll have a much better time if you're not carrying more than you need to. Find a place to store luggage in Antigua, Guatemala, and you'll be able to travel light and really immerse yourself in the culture of this town.
Luggage storage in Antigua
Bounce provides luggage storage that you can book online in Antigua and in hundreds of other cities around the world. By partnering with local businesses, Bounce makes sure you can drop off suitcases, backpacks, surfboards, skis, and anything else you need to store without having to worry about security. Drop your bags at a Bounce location for the best luggage storage in Antigua.
Antigua city guide
Top things to do in Antigua
The colonial architecture of Antigua Guatemala, which means Old Guatemala, is one of the main tourist draws to the city. But with mountains and parks close by, Antigua is also a gateway to some of the best outdoor activities Guatemala has to offer. Plus, there's some truly delicious food here. Once you've chosen a place to store luggage, take advantage of these top activities.
Museums in Antigua
As one of the most historic cities in Guatemala, you might expect Antigua to have some great museums. You'd be right. This town, a historic meeting point between ancient indigenous culture and Spanish colonizers, has a fascinating past that can be explored in some of Antigua's best museums.
- Museo Arte Guatemala MAG: This leading art museum is a great place to explore the work of local artists as well as creators from across Guatemala. Though you may not know many of the names on display here, you will get an education in both the historic art movements of the country and the latest and greatest artists working in Guatemala today.
- Museo Santiago de los Caballeros: Located in the stunning Royal Palace of the Captains General, this museum tells the story of Antigua Guatemala like nowhere else. You'll learn what life was like for the natives before the Spanish arrived and how society changed as New Spain was formed. This fascinating museum could easily eat up an entire day, but you'll need to spend at least a few hours here to really get to grips with everything on display. Note that large bags aren't allowed, so make sure to leave yours behind in a luggage storage in Antigua before you visit.
- MUNAG - Museo Nacional de Arte de Guatemala: This National Museum takes an even deeper dive into Guatemalan art. It has a fascinating collection of Olmec and Mayan art so that you can learn more about the culture of these people before the Spaniards arrived. The building it is located in is almost as impressive as the items on display, so this is an absolute must-visit while you're in Antigua.
Shopping in Antigua
Antigua isn't loaded with fashion boutiques, but it does have a good range of stores selling authentic local handicrafts and other items that make for great gifts and souvenirs. Just remember to leave your bags behind at a luggage storage before visiting these locally owned businesses.
- Mercado de Artesanias: You can buy a little bit of everything at this artisanal market. Authentic Guatemalan handicrafts lie side-by-side with mass-produced items of more dubious provenance, but it's the perfect place to shop for that unique Guatemalan souvenir.
- Manos Preciosas: This traditional fabric store sells all kinds of handcrafted items like bags, purses, and clothing adorned with bright indigenous designs.
- Mercado Central Antigua Guatemala: Shopping experiences in Antigua Guatemala don't come much more authentic than this. This is where locals come to get their daily produce, and you'll find everything on sale here, from delicious fruit to live chickens. This isn't the place to carry heavy luggage, so make sure you drop it off at a luggage storage nearby so you can enjoy yourself.
Restaurants in Antigua
Thanks to its popularity with tourists, Antigua Guatemala has a great range of restaurants serving everything from traditional Guatemalan delicacies to world cuisine. Leave your bags behind in a luggage storage that you can book online and pull up a chair at one of these great establishments:
- El Comalote: The stark white colonial decor of this restaurant works beautifully with the colorful furniture and the traditional food on the menu. This is the place to come for authentic Guatemalan cuisine, and the tortillas are handmade on-site every day.
- Tartines: A white tablecloth French bistro in the heart of Antigua Guatemala, this unexpected restaurant serves classic French cuisine like steak frites and French onion soup with an astonishing view of the old heart of the city.
- Pappys BBQ: The menu of this barbecue restaurant may be full of what vegetarians might consider inappropriate content, but meat eaters will be in heaven as they dine on ribs, brisket, and other barbecue classics.
Antigua may be a little off the beaten trail, but it's a fantastic place to explore, with a wealth of cultural attractions and fascinating history to dive into. Make sure to take advantage of luggage storage in Antigua Guatemala to make the most of your trip.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Antigua?
The price for luggage storage in Antigua is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Antigua?
There are multiple locations all around Antigua which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Parque Central de La Antigua Guatemala, Iximché, Parque Central Sumpango, Sacatepequez and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Antigua?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Antigua.
Are there storage lockers in Antigua?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Antigua. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Antigua where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Antigua?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Fridas, Antigua Guatemala, and Kafka. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Antigua are Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, Camino Real Antigua, and Soleil La Antigua Resort Antigua Guatemala.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Antigua?
Antigua offers several scenic parks including Jocotenango Sacatepequez, Parque Central de Ciudad Vieja., and Parque Central Parramos, Chimaltenango.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Antigua?
You can find local tourist information at OX Expeditions and Multiviajes.