Store Your Luggage Around Banff With Bounce
Located inside Banff National Park, this resort town offers breathtaking views of Mount Rundle and Mount Cascade. You can even catch a glimpse of the Rocky Mountains. Banff was not incorporated into a governing municipality until 1990. Up until then, it was a service center for Alberta tourism. It was also home to Canada’s indigenous peoples for over 10,000 years. Banff was the first municipality in Canada to be incorporated inside a national park. There is only one other city inside a national park, Jasper, which is located inside Jasper National Park. Banff is unique in that there is an overlap in the authority over the town. The local government must work closely with the Alberta and federal governments to ensure the park and town are well-preserved and appropriately governed.
Banff draws thousands of visitors each year and has expanded to offer services dedicated to tourists, such as park tours, adventure tours, and unique shopping experiences for fanciful and practical souvenirs. Banff has grown into a bustling metropolis with fantastic restaurants, interesting attractions, and plenty of small-town charm to keep people coming back time and time again.
Luggage Storage in Banff
Banff has awe-inspiring views and is described as a majestic by many. To give this resort area the attention it deserves, plan to spend as much time as you can seeing the beautiful natural landscape. Don't let extra bags prevent you from taking a spontaneous hike or from stopping to view wildlife commonly seen in surrounding parklands. Download the Bounce app and find the location closest to you for convenience and peace of mind. Locals and tourists love the ease of using Bounce.
Banff City Guide
Top Things to Do
Banff is a charming city with so much to offer locals and tourists. Bring your sense of adventure and head out into the national park for hiking, biking, climbing, and exploring. Sign up with a tour group or set out on your own. After exploring the park, head back to Banff for low-key amusements by visiting local museums and attractions, shopping, or enjoying the various restaurants and diners throughout the city. Drop your bags at a Bounce location and get out there to explore.
Being located in the middle of a national park, Banff offers outdoor adventures for those looking to stretch their muscles and breathe in the fresh Canadian air. The town itself also offers some fantastic cultural experiences. Whether you are heading out into the depths of the park on an adventure or staying closer to town to experience the history, you will not be disappointed in Banff.
- Cave and Basin National Historic Site: The site is home to thermal mineral springs and is where the very first national park in Canada was created. Take a guided tour of the springs and learn about their healing and relaxation purposes. You can also do a self-guided tour if bigger groups are not your thing.
- Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies: Founded by Peter and Catharine Whyte, the museum was created to preserve artifacts related to the Rocky Mountains of Canada. Learn more about these impressive mountains and the Stoney Nakoda families that created their homes in the mountains through exhibits and films at the museum.
- Banff Park Museum National Historic Site: This museum is located in downtown Banff and was originally opened in 1895. It is the oldest museum in western Canada. Come wander through well-preserved exhibits such as stuffed bighorn sheep and bears. View plants, insects, minerals, and birds that are all connected to the park. With over 5,000 zoological and botanical exhibits, you will spend hours in the museum.
While Banff may not be a huge city with thousands of people, it is a bustling hub of activity and a great place for tourists to visit. While here, you will want to find that perfect souvenir to commemorate your visit or maybe do a bit of shopping for local, handmade items or clothing. Banff is home to several cute shops and unique shopping centers.
- Cascade Shops: This small mall is home to several shops and restaurants. It is a great place to spend a morning or afternoon browsing and meeting some of the locals. Check out the adorable souvenir shops. Grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants, such as the Old Spaghetti Factory.
- Town Centre Mall: One of the biggest shopping malls in Banff seems to have everything you need. You do not want to miss Wild Bill’s Legendary Saloon. While at the Towne Centre Mall, search out the best bargains for name-brand items and cutesy gifts and souvenirs.
- Clock Tower Village Mall: This adorable shopping mall is the place to go when you want to mingle with the locals and look for great one-of-a-kind shops. Browse through the bookstore, stroll through several clothing stores, shop for souvenirs and gifts, and then grab a bite to eat at the trendy Thai restaurant inside the mall.
You will not go hungry when in Banff. Whether you are searching for scrumptious local fare or are in the mood for something more international, Banff probably has exactly what you are looking for. Sit down for an upscale meal or pull up a chair at one of the cafes for down-home cooking.
- Local Cuisine: Sit down to a tasty meal of seasonal Canadian fare at the Bison Restaurant where your food is prepped in an open kitchen. The farm to table menu offers amazing, fresh dishes using ingredients found in the region. Sit on the terrace with its breathtaking mountain views or stay indoors and enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant.
- Mediterranean Fare: Searching for something different for dinner? Look no farther than the Balkan Restaurant with its upbeat wait staff and delicious menu. Even if you are not a fan of Greek food, you will want to experience all this restaurant has to offer while in Banff. Start with an order of fried feta balls and then give one of the lamb dishes a try. Finish your evening with a plate smashing good time in typical Greek fashion.
- Steakhouse: Make reservations at Chuck’s Steakhouse for a delicious steak dinner and fantastic drink menu. Known for their steaks and wines, Chuck’s Steakhouse also offers magnificent cocktails. Order a table-side Cesar salad with your meal and watch as they make your salad right in front of you.