Rated 4.9/5 (163,566 ratings)
Luggage Storage Cairns
Instantly reserve the best locations in Cairns to store your luggage for just A$8.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Cairns Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 9, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Cairns?" Perhaps you just arrived in Cairns and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Cairns Square, Famous Footwear, or Oceana Walk Arcade and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, Esplanade, or Clifton Beach and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Cairns!
Luggage storage nearby most Cairns hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Cairns and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Cairns start at just A$8.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Cairns now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are South Cairns Sports Club, Cairns Botanic Gardens, and Muddy's Cafe. You can also go for a hike around Earl Hill Summit, Esplanade CBD Walking & Cycling Circuit, and Red Arrow Track. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Brothers Leagues Club, Salt House, and The Pier Bar & Grill.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Cairns with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Cairns without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Cairns With Bounce
Located on the eastern coast of Far North Queensland in Australia is its capital city of Cairns, which is also the most populous city in the state and 14th in the country. Founded in 1876, the city was named after Sir William Wellington Cairns, who served as the Governor of Queensland from 1875 until 1877. Cairns is one of Australia’s most visited cities, primarily because it is the gateway to some of the popular tourist attractions in Queensland. This includes world-class destinations such as the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Port Douglas and more.
While most visitors normally use Cairns as an entry point to get to other holiday destinations, the city itself has a number of attractions that are worth stopping by for. Locals and tourists can enjoy the points of interest found in Cairns.
Whatever reason brought you to Cairns, you can maximize your trip by using Bounce’s storage services. With multiple locations across the city, all you have to do is find the one closest to you, deposit your things, and proceed with your plans.
Luggage Storage in Cairns
Bounce makes it easier for both locals and tourists to store their big bags, backpacks, luggage, or other items as they explore the streets of Cairns. With partners scattered all over the city, users can simply look for the nearest Bounce location. Deposit and secure your things and have peace of mind that your items are safe. Then you can roam without care and burden-free.
Cairns City Guide
Top Things to Do
Cairns has become one of Australia’s top places for tourism and a base for several attractions in the state of Queensland. While most of the visitors who enter the city usually move to nearby destinations, Cairns itself has a bustling cultural, dining, and nightlife scene and boasts several spots worth exploring.
While Cairns is usually visited for its natural wonders, the city has many nice attractions and cultural institutions. Consider them for a change of scenery or to learn about the city’s history. Here are some of the topnotch museums that you can find in Cairns.
- Cairns Museum: Found in the iconic Old School of Arts building, the Cairns Museum is one of the city’s premier institutions. Here, visitors will find an impressive collection of items that depict the history of Cairns and how it developed into what it is today. (Bag policy: Guests aren’t allowed to bring oversized bags or luggage inside the museum. Instead, leave your things with Bounce.)
- Australian Armour and Artillery Museum: This unique museum is the largest of its kind in the region and is located in Caravonica, just a few kilometers outside the city center. The museum houses a private collection consisting of military equipment and paraphernalia dating back to the 1800s, such as bolt action rifles, combat equipment, and armored vehicles. (Bag policy: Guests of the museum may not bring in large bags or suitcases with them. To avoid any inconvenience, locate a Bounce partner in the area and deposit your things there.
- Hou Wang Chinese Temple and Museum: Found in Atherton is this one-of-a-kind museum that has been around since the 1800s. Initially built to serve the growing Chinese population in Queensland, this museum is the only one of its kind that still exists to date and features rare Chinese artifacts and symbols. The on-site temple also holds educational exhibits and displays about Chinese culture in the state. (Bag policy: There are size restrictions for allowed bags inside the venue. Before heading out to Atherton, leave your things with a Bounce partner.)
Cairns is one of Queensland’s shopping hotspots and is bursting with options for some retail therapy. Whether you’re looking for luxury items, novelty finds, local goods or a souvenir to remember your trip by, you won’t run out of options on where to shop in the city.
- The Pier: Nestled between the International Reef Fleet Terminal and the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon, The Pier is one of Cairns’ most popular lifestyle and entertainment areas. Apart from the excellent waterfront dining, the area is also a well-known shopping mecca and hosts several local and international brands as well as local shops that sell everything from shoes, clothes, jewelry and more.
- Cairns Night Markets: An iconic Cairns institution, the Night Markets hosts over 70 stores where you can find some cool souvenirs and mementos. The shops featured change occasionally, but you can expect some rare finds such as glass-blown figures, jewelry, toys, electronics and so much more. If you’re looking for an authentic shopping experience, the Cairns Night Markets is the place to go to.
- Cairns Central: For a more upscale shopping escapade, the one place you have to visit is Cairns Central. Boasting more than 180 shops and stores, this retail center is the biggest one in Cairns and is home to three major department stores, namely Target, Kmart and Myer. You will also find other well-known Australian and international brands in the area.
Because of the city’s multicultural background, it’s no surprise why Cairns boasts a diverse dining scene. Look for a memorable culinary experience ranging from Australian cuisine and seafood to international flavors. Here are some of the best dining spots in Cairns.
- Australian dining: Australian food is a melting pot of various cuisines and highlights local ingredients you probably won’t find anywhere else. For the best Australian dining experience in Cairns, you should check out Ochre. This Cairns institution uses local and native produce and features unique dishes such as salt and native pepper-leaf crocodile and chargrilled kangaroo sirloin. Other places in the city for Australian cuisine are Dundee’s, Perrotta’s at the Gallery, Nu Nu Restaurant, and Noa.
- Asian food: With its proximity to Asia and the huge Asian population in the city, it only makes sense that Cairns is home to several restaurants that offer various Asian cuisines. One of the most popular Asian spots in the city is the award-winning restaurant Tamarind, which serves Asian fusion dishes such as bestsellers Penang Duck Curry and Organic Tablelands Pork. Other noteworthy Asian joints in Cairns are Ganbaranba (Japanese), Spicy Bite (Indian), Bayleaf Balinese Restaurant (Indonesian) and Iyara by Sakare (Thai).
- Seafood: With the city being so close to the ocean, Cairns is teeming with restaurants known for serving fresh and delectable seafood dishes. One seafood joint that is beloved by both locals and tourists is Prawn Star, which is known not just for their prawns but other seafood favorites such as oysters, fish and crabs. Some of the other Cairns seafood restaurants worth checking out are Tha Fish, Coco’s Restaurant, Bellocale Italian Seafood Restaurant, The Raw Prawn and Blu Marlin Bistro.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Cairns?
The price for luggage storage in Cairns is just A$8.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Cairns?
There are multiple locations all around Cairns which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, Esplanade, Clifton Beach and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Cairns?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Cairns.
Are there storage lockers in Cairns?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Cairns. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Cairns where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Cairns?
The most popular restaurants to visit are McDonald's, Rusty's Markets, and Hungry Jack's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Cairns are The Reef Hotel Casino, Palm Royale Cairns, and Bailey, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Cairns?
Cairns offers several scenic parks including Cairns Showgrounds, Goomboora Park, and Esplanade Peace Park.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Cairns?
You can find local tourist information at Reef Magic Cruises, Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre, and Silverswift.