How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Cambridge Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Cambridge Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Cambridge and need a place to store your bags near Cambridge Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Parklands Quendon Hall, Rainbow, or Towerfields Leisure Park and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Wimpole Estate, Hinchingbrooke Country Park, or Church Farm Ardeley .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Cambridge Station!
Luggage storage nearby Cambridge Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Cambridge with multiple locations near Cambridge Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Cambridge Station area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Cambridge Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Angels Cafe, Sainsbury's Caf, and Stir Histon. You can also go for a hike around Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve, RSPB the Lodge, and Cambourne Wildlife Trust Nature Reserve. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Plough, The George Inn, and The Three Horseshoes.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Cambridge Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Cambridge Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Cambridge Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Cambridge Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Cambridge Station and Cambridge without your things!
About Cambridge Station
There are many university cities in the world, but few have been shaped by education in quite the same way as Cambridge has. That's partly because Cambridge is one of the oldest universities in the world, and also one of the best-regarded. Cambridge has been a center of learning since the Middle Ages.
From the 19th century up until modern times, many of Cambridge's students reached the town by train from London and elsewhere in the UK. It's a tradition that still continues today. Cambridge station is currently the 13th busiest in the UK, receiving nearly 12 million passengers per year.
Because Cambridge was so popular with the rich and powerful of the industrial era Britain, the town got connected to the national rail network early. The rail line to Cambridge was opened in 1845. Surprisingly, the University blocked the opening of a central rail station in Cambridge for many years. That's why the current Cambridge station lies around a mile from the center of the city. However, the rail network grew steadily through the 20th century. When a link to Stansted Airport opened in 1991, Cambridge became busier than ever. Nowadays, the station's eight platforms dispatch and receive trains to and from every major city in the UK.
Things to do near Cambridge Station
Cambridge station isn’t right in the center of town, but it isn’t far away. With only a mile to travel, you can easily walk or take transit to see what the city has to offer. You won’t need to travel far from the station to begin enjoying your trip to Cambridge.
- Get a workout at the Rainbow Rocket climbing center. The selection of climbing walls inside this facility will test your skills, whether you are a novice or experienced climber. Just outside Cambridge station, it's a great place to get the blood flowing after a long trip.
- Learn more about the world around us at Cambridge Science Center. Also located just outside the train station, this science museum uses hands-on exhibits to explain scientific concepts in a way kids of all ages can enjoy.
- Experience some tranquility at Cambridge University Botanic Garden. Covering 40 acres, the garden is home to thousands of species of plants from around the world and has been the perfect place to enjoy peace and quiet since it was opened in 1846.
- Shop like a local at Cambridge's Central Market. Located in the heart of the city, this market has been taking place for over a thousand years, and remains the perfect place to shop for local produce and gifts.
- Explore the world without leaving Cambridge at the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology. Throughout the centuries, Cambridge alumni have been sending artifacts from around the world back to this museum at their alma mater. As result, this eclectic collection hosts impressive cultural artifacts from just about every corner of the globe.
Transit options at Cambridge Station
- London Stansted is the closest airport to Cambridge, and is around 30 miles from the city. With flights all over Europe, this airport is easily reached via a 35-minute train journey from Cambridge station.
- Cambridge station is connected to London's Kings Cross and Liverpool Street train stations. The fastest trains make the journey in around 50 minutes and leave twice per hour. Trains also connect Cambridge station to just about every major city in the UK.
- Hills Road, just to the south of the station, is the best place to pick up buses. Bus routes 13, 13A, and 16 take you from the station to the city center.
Luggage storage near Cambridge Station
Cambridge is a relatively flat city, and since its plan was laid out long before cars existed, it's a very walkable one. Thanks to its wealth of historic buildings, quirky museums, pubs, and shops, walking is one of the best ways to enjoy Cambridge for yourself.
Make things easier by dropping off any heavy bags at a luggage storage service near Cambridge station. Bounce can help you find a local business that will store any number of bags for as long as you need. With your possessions safely stowed, you can enjoy the city without hassle.
Activities and attractions near Cambridge Station
- King's College Chapel: This grand medieval church is known for its stained glass and its impressive vaulted ceiling, and is regarded as one of the UK's best examples of Gothic architecture. Built back in the 15th century, the chapel remains one of the city's most impressive historic monuments and is a great place to get some photos and enjoy the historic atmosphere of this ancient town.
- Fitzwilliam Museum: This impressive museum contains priceless works of art by Monet, Picasso, Rubens, and other well-known artists. It also houses an archaeological collection with sarcophagi from Egypt and statues from ancient Greece and Rome. This cultural highlight is free to visit and makes the perfect rainy day attraction. You won’t be able to take large bags inside, so make sure you leave them at a luggage storage shop near Cambridge Station before you visit.
- The Backs: Don't miss the chance to explore Cambridge like generations of students have at The Backs. This park gets its name from the fact that it runs along the back of many of the university's colleges. It's a great place to go for a stroll, or you could rent a boat and go punting on the river while you enjoy stunning views of the ancient colleges along the bank. To make things easier, don't forget to drop off your bags at a Cambridge luggage storage locker before you go.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Cambridge Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Cambridge Station?
The price for luggage storage near Cambridge Station is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Cambridge Station?
There are multiple locations in the Cambridge Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Audley End Railway Station, Shepreth railway station, and Meldreth Railway Station and all over Cambridge.
Is it safe to store your bags near Cambridge Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Cambridge Station.
Are there storage lockers near Cambridge Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Cambridge Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Cambridge Station and in the broader Cambridge area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Cambridge Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Cambridge Station are The Fellows House Cambridge, Curio Collection by Hilton, Turing Locke, and Ibis Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Cambridge Station are YHA Cambridge, Owlstone Croft, and Ymca.
Where are the best restaurants near Cambridge Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Cambridge Station are McDonald's, Pret a Manger, and Franco Manca.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Cambridge Station?
Check out the nearby Parker's Piece, Jesus Green, and Midsummer Common.