+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Catania
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Your Catania Guides
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Catania With Bounce
The second-largest city in Sicily, Catania is known for its incredible Baroque architecture, lengthy and diverse history, and its spectacular food.
Catania’s Baroque architecture is a result of the fact that the city was destroyed by an eruption of nearby Mount Etna in the 1600s. As the city rebuilt, the Baroque style took hold. This makes the city wonderful for sight-seeing, as there is no shortage of impressive ornate buildings to tour and admire.
Catania’s food scene is another big draw. With lively markets like La Pescheria, which is packed with local seafood, as well as a street food culture, and a plethora of cafes, nibbling your way through the city is tons of fun.
Whether you’re a Catania local sightseeing in your hometown or a traveler trying to soak up the culture, don’t get stuck lugging around excess baggage. Take advantage of Bounce for short-term luggage storage. This way you can make the most of your time browsing museums, markets, or wandering the city streets without the hassle of bulky bags.
Luggage Storage in Catania
Bounce has teamed up with small businesses throughout Catania to offer convenient short-term luggage storage to visitors and locals alike. Instead of getting stuck lugging your heavy shopping bags or suitcases all over the city, you can take advantage of Bounce to lighten your load. Just locate a Bounce partner nearby, drop your bags and you’ll be ready to make the most of your day out in Catania.
Catania City Guide
Top things to do
Whether you want to sight-see, learn about Catania’s history, pick up locally-made goods, or eat your way through the city, there are tons of delightful activities to partake in throughout Catania. Bounce created this handy Catania guide to help you plan your itinerary.
Catania is home to a wide range of different museums and historical sites, from monasteries and palaces to museums dedicated to World War II, and so much more. You’re sure to find something in this city that suits your interests. The following are a few of the museums Bounce suggest including in your itinerary.
- Monastero dei Benedettini: This Benedictine monastery is recognized as a UNESCO world heritage site. Since the 1970s it has been property of the University of Catania and houses the Humanities department. Inside, you can admire the incredible architecture and tour the beautiful rooms. A guided tour will offer insight into the history of this building and its role within Catania. A tour also grants you access to a few rooms that are otherwise off-limits, so it’s worth your while.
- Museo Storico dello Sbarco in Sicilia 1943: This museum is dedicated to highlighting Catania’s role in World War II. It covers events that took place between July 10 and September 8, 1943. Across the museum’s 3 floors, you’ll encounter exhibits detailing the effects this invasion had on the town of Catania and its citizens. You’ll find many artifacts, photos, and sculptures of major political figures from the war.
- Museo del Cinema di Catania: Curious about the history of film? You can’t miss this fun museum which celebrates the cinema. From staged movie sets to cinematic equipment from years gone by, the museum offers insight into how movies have been produced over the years. Children and adults will both enjoy the immersive exhibitions and displays found inside.
Looking to indulge in some retail therapy while visiting Catania? You’ll be glad to know that there are plenty of different options. From streets lined with high-end shops, to malls with something for everyone, and bustling market places, the Catania shopping scene is fun to explore. Here are a few places you may wish to check out.
- Via Etnea: This bustling shopping street is lined with boutiques, department stores, cafes, and restaurants. Shops tend to lean a little bit toward the high-end. You’ll find a mix of local brands and designers as well as internationally recognized chains like Levis. With 3 km to explore, you’ll want to find a nearby Bounce location to stash any excess bags. You’ll have a much easier time wandering if you’re not weighed down!
- Porte di Catania Mall: If you’re seeking a traditional shopping mall, the Porte di Catania is a great option. It is located very close to the airport, making it a convenient place to kill time before flights or hotel check-in. Inside, you’ll find a collection of stores ranging from high-end boutiques to middle of the road, or budget-friendly options. You’ll also find restaurants, a food court, a supermarket, and free WiFi access.
- Markets: Visiting markets is a fun way to find locally grown and produced food items and crafts. There are a few different markets in Catania that might interest you. La Pescheria, held next to the Cathedral, is known for its fresh seafood, among other items. Another market to visit is Mercato di Piazza Carlo Alberto. It is held Monday through Friday in Carlo Alberto square. Here, you’ll find everything from food to crafts and cheap electronics, clothing, and second-hand items.
Wherever you go in Italy, you expect to eat well and Catania is no exception. From markets to street food, to up-market restaurants, you’re sure to find incredible food throughout the city. The following are a few signature dishes that you shouldn’t miss while in Catania.
- Pistachios: Introduced to Italy from the Middle East, Pistachios are now grown throughout Sicily and are often used in cooking within Catania. Known as fratusca in Italian, these nuts commonly make their way into sauces, salads, desserts, and many other dishes. They are frequently used in cannoli and as filling for arancini (fried rice balls that are common throughout Sicily).
- Horse Meatballs: Horse meat is a specialty in Catania, and meatballs are one of its most common presentations. You’ll find these tasty morsels in restaurants and food carts throughout the city. Don’t be afraid to sample them, as they are one of Catania’s signature dishes.
- Pasta Alla Norma: Eggplant, ricotta, tomato sauce, and fresh basil combine to create this tasty pasta dish. Named for a character from a Bellini opera, this pasta dish can be found in restaurants throughout Catania. La Norma and La Quartara are two popular restaurants to try this Catania specialty.
If you plan to travel throughout Europe take a look at guides for Bari, Rome, and Pisa. We offer fantastic luggage storage coverage throughout Europe that you can take advantage of during your travels.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Catania?
The price for luggage storage in Catania is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Catania?
There are multiple locations all around Catania which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Piazza Del Duomo, Piazza Umberto I - Lentini, Piazza Stesicoro and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Catania?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Catania.
Are there storage lockers in Catania?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Catania. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Catania where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Catania?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Pizza and Waffle, McDonald's, and Bar Sgroi. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Catania are UNA Hotel Palace, Hotel Romano House, and Mercure Catania Excelsior.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Catania?
Catania offers several scenic parks including Giardino Bellini, Parco Falcone, and Boschetto della Playa.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Catania?
You can find local tourist information at Downtown Piccola Società Cooperativa a r. L., Ethnikos Travel Club By All Services SRL, and A.a.p.i.t..