+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Chiang Mai
Freedom to explore for THB 100.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Chiang Mai hotspots
Chiang Mai Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 20, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Chiang Mai?" Perhaps you just arrived in Chiang Mai and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Chiang Mai!
Luggage storage nearby most Chiang Mai hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Chiang Mai and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Chiang Mai start at just THB 100.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Chiang Mai with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Chiang Mai without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Chiang Mai with Bounce
Chiang Mai is a mountain city located in Northern Thailand. Its beautiful scenery, vibrant, friendly culture, and affordable cost of living have made it a popular travel destination and expat hot spot in recent years.
Visitors are often enamored with Chiang Mai’s lush mountain setting which provides opportunities to swim in waterfalls, ascend temples shrouded in jungle leaves or hike through national parks. There are also lively street markets where you can sample local street food and shop for handcrafted souvenirs.
Foodie travelers will love the range of culinary options to be found in Chiang Mai. The city attracts visitors and residents from throughout the world, and this is reflected in the food scene.
Those interested in history will be keen to explore the many historic buildings and sites throughout the city. From Buddhist temples to living museums highlighting ancient cultures, there’s a lot to take in! Needless to say, whatever your travel style, you’ll have no problem filling your Chiang Mai itinerary.
One of the best ways to get around Chiang Mai is via scooter, which doesn’t lend itself to carrying a lot of luggage. Fortunately, Bounce is available to store your valuables so you can explore the city carrying only the essentials.
Luggage Storage in Chiang Mai
Bounce has partnered with local businesses throughout Chiang Mai to offer short-term luggage storage for travelers and locals alike. Whether you live in Chiang Mai and want to lighten your load for the day, or you’re visiting and need somewhere to stash your luggage, Bounce can help. Just find a local Bounce partner, drop your bags, and off you go! You’ll be able to enjoy your day knowing that your belongings are safe and sound.
Chiang Mai City Guide
Top Things to do in Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai is a large city offering a mixture of modern amenities as well as windows to the past. It is home to over 20 Buddhist temples, many cultural museums, a lively street culture, and so much more. Whether you prefer to spend your time learning about Chiang Mai’s history, eating your way through the city, or simply wandering the streets, you’re sure to enjoy your time. The following are a few attractions Bounce suggests checking out while you’re in the city.
Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or just looking for an offbeat experience, Chiang Mai is home to museums that cater to every type of traveler. The following are a few museums Bounce suggests including in your Chiang Mai itinerary. Since most museums won’t allow you to enter with large bags, arrange to store any unnecessary items with a local Bounce partner before your visit.
- Lanna Traditional House Museum: This museum gives insight into the Lanna lifestyle with a property that holds 9 traditional homes and 4 rice granaries. As you tour the grounds, you will get a glimpse at how people once lived in Chiang Mai. The museum grounds also hold beautiful gardens and a cafe serving homemade cakes and teas.
- Museum of World Insects and Natural Wonders: If you’re interested in insects or nature you shouldn’t miss this museum. There is an entire exhibit dedicated to different species of mosquitos that can be found in Thailand. You’ll also encounter displays featuring butterflies, wasps nests, and other insects, and you’ll learn about different insect-borne tropical diseases. The space is small, but the collection is vast.
- Art in Paradise 3D Art Museum: This interactive museum is fun for visitors of all ages. The exhibits feature art that toys with your perspective and perceptions. There’s a free app available that helps make the experience even more interactive by bringing the art to life. You’ll have fun posing with the pieces and snapping photos.
Chiang Mai offers a huge range of different shopping experiences, from crowded night markets to modern shopping centers and everything in between. Whether you’re on the hunt for something in particular or just want to browse, there’s sure to be an option that suits your needs. Chiang Mai also has many tailors who will custom-make items for very reasonable prices. If you’ll be in town for a while, this is an alluring option to pursue. If you’re headed to any of Chiang Mai’s markets (and you should), be aware that pickpocketing is a possibility. With this in mind, arrange to store any non-essential items with a local Bounce partner for safekeeping while you’re out and about.
- His & Hers Tailor House: Because the prices are so affordable, many visitors to Chiang Mai opt to have a few clothing items custom made. This established tailor has been providing this service for over 20 years. Their tailors will work with you to ensure that your pieces are well-made and conform to your specifications.
- Tha Pae Walking Street: Located in central Chiang Mai, this street market is open every Sunday, beginning in the afternoon. You will find hundreds of stalls selling everything from souvenirs to food. It’s a great place to pick up items to take back home with you. You can sample the street food or simply take in the busy atmosphere.
- CentralFestival Chiang Mai: This enormous shopping center holds nearly 300 stores, from large international chains to local shops you’re sure to find whatever you’re looking for inside. Additionally, this mall holds an ice rink, a fitness center, and 10 Cineplex theatres, including a 3D IMAX. Whether you’re looking to shop or just pass some time during a rainstorm, you’ll find plenty to do here!
When it comes to food, Chiang Mai offers up a plethora of options. With a mix of tourists, a large expat community, and Chiang Mai natives, there’s a market for every type of dining experience. You will find restaurants specializing in homecooked, traditional Thai food, as well as international cuisines ranging from French to western and beyond. You’ll encounter fine dining and budget-friendly options, and plenty of vegetarian and vegan-friendly places. Before you head out to eat, take advantage of short-term luggage storage with Bounce. Many of Chiang Mai’s restaurants are small, so they will be easier to navigate without clunky bags weighing you down.
- B Samcook Home: This popular, family-run restaurant specializes in local Thai food and flavors. The menu is fixed and the chefs work to create each dish with special care, from the flavors to the presentation. They will even work with you to customize the menu to your tastes. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable; you’re sure to feel right at home.
- David’s Kitchen: This restaurant specializes in traditional French cuisine with a modern twist. You can order favorites like foie gras, French onion soup, or boeuf bourguignon and enjoy them in an elegant, modern dining room. The service is impeccable, making this a favorite place for celebrating special occasions.
- Renegade Craft Beer and Restaurant: This trendy, modern bar offers over 300 different beers. There are billiards on-site, and large tables which make it the perfect place for large groups to gather. The menu features a mix of classic bar foods (burgers, pizza, wings) as well as Thai favorites, salad, and desserts. If you’re on the hunt for a relaxed, air-conditioned space to grab a drink with friends, this is the perfect place.
Most cities around the world have meaningful names that are deeply tied to their history. This much is true for Chiang Mai – the ”New City” of Thailand. Centuries ago, the kingdom of Lan Na was ruled by King Manrai. Back then, Lan Na’s capital was a city called Chiang Rai. However, Mangrai decided to reform Lan Na during the late 1200s. As part of Manrai’s reforms, Chiang Mai took Chiang Rai’s place as the capital of Lan Na. Fast forward to the present day, and Chiang Mai remains an important economic, educational, and cultural hub for all of Thailand. The New City’s festivals are some of the grandest spectacles you’ll ever witness, and Chiang Mai’s food is exquisite.
Despite what one might expect, Chiang Mai has a relatively small population. About 127,240 citizens live in the New City. However, about 10 million tourists visit the city every year – or about 83,000 per month. All of these numbers contribute to Chiang Mai’s higher than average crime rate. Violent crimes and property related crimes are relatively frequent in Thailand as a whole, let alone Chiang Mai. You can still have a fantastic time visiting Chiang Mai. However, you will need to familiarize yourself with the city's laws and customs. You’ll also need to take even greater care of your property during your trip. Bounce can help you do just that. We’re a luggage storage service that’s available near major transportation hubs and tourist attractions.
Frequently Asked Questions
“What’s the best way to get around Chiang Mai?”
- The best way to get around Chiang Mai is to ride the rails. The New City has subways, trains, and trams that can easily help you cross the city in minutes.
“Is public transportation in Chiang Mai safe?”
- Yes, however, the number of buses in Chiang Mai is extremely limited. This can lead to impacted bus rides and late arrivals on particularly busy days – two situations that thieves may try to capitalize on.
“What’s the best neighborhood to stay in Chiang Mai?”
- Chiang Mai’s Old City district is one of the best places to stay. It’s very accessible to tourists, and it’s located smack dab in the middle of the city.
“What are the best museums to visit in Chiang Mai?”
- The remains of several ancient palaces can be found in Chiang Mai. Sites like Bann Phor Liang Meun, the Wat Ket Karam Museum, and Monfai certainly fit this bill. However, Wat Phra That Doi Kham is perhaps the most popular exhibit in Chiang Mai.
“What’s the best time of year to visit Chiang Mai?”
- The period between October and April is usually the best time to visit Chiang Mai. The New City’s weather is arguably at it’s best during this time of year.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Chiang Mai?
The price for luggage storage in Chiang Mai is just THB 100.00/bag for the entire day.
Is it safe to store your bags in Chiang Mai?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Chiang Mai.
Are there storage lockers in Chiang Mai?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Chiang Mai. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Chiang Mai where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.