+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Leicester
Freedom to explore for £5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Leicester Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Leicester?" Perhaps you just arrived in Leicester and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at The Rushes Shopping Centre, The Crescent, or Junction 1 and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Rushcliffe Country Park, Rutland Water South, or Bath Grounds, Ashby De La Zouch and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Leicester!
Luggage storage nearby most Leicester hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Leicester and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Leicester start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Leicester now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are East Midlands Airport Viewing and Picnic Area Runway 27, Starbucks, and Caffè Nero. You can also go for a hike around Lyndon Visitor Centre & Nature Reserve, Attenborough Nature Reserve, and Spital Park. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Yews, Mill Hill Stores, and Old Black Horse Inn.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Leicester with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Leicester without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
If you’re going to visit Leicester, the first thing you need to know is how to pronounce it. It’s pronounced Lester, like the person’s name. Situated in the East Midlands approximately 100 miles north of London, it makes a great place to stop on a journey from the capital to more northerly cities such as Manchester, Liverpool, or Edinburgh.
The population of around 350,000 people, Leicester is the biggest city in the East Midlands and the 13th biggest in the UK as a whole. Leicester was once the site of a Roman fortification, and an Iron Age village before that, making it one of the oldest towns in the UK.
In the medieval period, the Earls of Leicester became increasingly powerful, with King Henry IV being descended from the family. With the coming of the industrial age, Leicester grew in importance thanks to the many coal mines in the area. Factories and mills sprang up, and the population of the town soared along with many other cities in the Midlands. Following the First World War, Leicester was considered the 2nd richest city in Europe thanks to its thriving industries.
The 2nd half of the 20th century saw many of Leicester's industries decline as they moved overseas to find cheaper labor costs. However, the central location of the town and its excellent transportation links meant Leicester was able to reinvent itself as a distribution center. Also, Leicester received many immigrants from around the world during the 50s, 60s, and 70s. It is now one of Britain's most multicultural cities, with an especially high Indian and Asian population.
Things to do in Leicester
Although Leicester doesn’t get nearly the amount of visitors some other British cities do, that’s not because of a lack of attractions. In fact, Leicester has some great things to do, especially for a town its size. Whatever you like to do on vacation, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised by all that Leicester has to offer.
- Travel the galaxy without leaving Leicester at the National Space Center. This unique attraction is home to the UK's largest planetarium and is also a museum of objects related to space travel and exploration. Interactive exhibits help kids and adults alike get a better understanding of the science behind space travel and what the future may hold for this exciting field of knowledge.
- Peer into Leicester's distant past at the Jewry Wall Museum. The Jewry Wall itself is part of the ruins of Leicester's old Roman bathhouse, is one of the most substantial pieces of Roman construction still standing in the UK. The museum holds artifacts from the Iron Age, Roman Leicester, and the medieval period, and explains the origins of the city and its important place in early British history.
- Visit the final resting place of one of England’s most notorious kings at Leicester Cathedral. Home to the tomb of Richard the 3rd, this grand church dates back to 1086 and has been the spiritual heart of the city for a thousand years.
- Learn more about the last English king to die in battle at the Richard the 3rd Visitor Center. This much-maligned monarch died in battle near Leicester in 1485. His body was lost until 2015, when it was discovered underneath a car park in Leicester. DNA testing revealed the king's identity, and he was buried in the cathedral in the first royal funeral since 1972.
Transit options in Leicester
- Although Leicester doesn't have an airport of its own, it is close to East Midlands Airport, which offers flights to many European destinations. It is also close to Birmingham International Airport, a larger airport that flies to destinations around the world. Both airports can be reached from Leicester by train or bus.
- Leicester’s main train station lies just to the east of the city center. Trains can be boarded here destinations throughout the UK and beyond.
- Leicester is served by a number of different bus companies offering everything from city routes to long-distance travel. The Haymarket bus station is the main terminus in the city where most bus routes end up.
Luggage storage in Leicester
As a smaller city, many of Leicester's top attractions are quite close to each other. You can easily spend a day wandering the city center and seeing much of what makes Leicester worth visiting. The best way to do that is to drop off any heavy bags you may have at a Bounce luggage storage in Leicester. That way, you'll be able to travel light as you explore this underrated town, knowing that your belongings will be safely looked after until you return to pick them up.
Activities and attractions near Leicester
- Leicester City Football Club: Experience the excitement of one of the world's greatest sporting leagues, soccer's English Premier League, by catching a home game of Leicester City football club. After long years playing in the lower leagues, Leicester City had the unlikeliest successful Premier League campaign in 2016, beating 5000-1 odds in the process. The club remains one of the league's best teams, and Leicester fans are known for their unrivaled passion. If you can get tickets for a home game, it's an experience not to be missed.
- National Forest: See the wilder side of England just outside Leicester at the National Forest. This forest was created just 25 years ago to reclaim the industrial landscape of the Midlands and return it to a more natural state. Incorporating existing remnants of more ancient forests, the National Forest is a great place for hiking and picnicking that feels a long way from the nearby city. Make sure to leave heavy bags at a luggage storage service in Leicester before heading to the forest for your trip.
- Ashby de la Zouch: Visit atmospheric castle ruins at Ashby de la Zouch. Just 30 minutes outside Leicester, this castle dates back to 1473. Intentionally damaged to prevent it from being used for rebellion in 1648, enough of the castle remains to offer a perfect place for photos. Made famous by the novel Ivanhoe, the castle occupies a two-acre park that makes a great place to stretch your legs.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Leicester?
The price for luggage storage in Leicester is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Leicester?
There are multiple locations all around Leicester which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Rushcliffe Country Park, Rutland Water South, Bath Grounds, Ashby De La Zouch and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Leicester?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Leicester.
Are there storage lockers in Leicester?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Leicester. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Leicester where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Leicester?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Countesthorpe Fish Bar, 200 Degrees Coffee Shop, and McDonald's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Leicester are Winstanley House, Ramada Encore Leicester, and Westbridge Wharf Apartments.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Leicester?
Leicester offers several scenic parks including Bradgate Park & Swithland Wood Country Park, Braunstone Park, and Western Park.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Leicester?
You can find local tourist information at Smooth move consultancy limited, Skills Holidays, and Visit Leicester Tourist Information Centre.