Rated 4.9/5 (153,914 ratings)
Luggage Storage Nelson
Instantly reserve the best locations in Nelson to store your luggage for just NZ$8.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Nelson Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 4, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Nelson?" Perhaps you just arrived in Nelson and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Morrison Square, Jens Hansen, or Wild South - Richmond and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Tahunanui Beach, Tahuna Holiday Park, or Janie Seddon Shipwreck and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Nelson!
Luggage storage nearby most Nelson hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Nelson and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Nelson start at just NZ$8.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Nelson now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Toad Hall, The Smoking Barrel, and Broccoli Row. You can also go for a hike around Maitai Walkway, Brook Waimarama Sanctuary, and Kauri Tree. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Free House, Deville, and Sprig & Fern Tavern.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Nelson with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Nelson without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Nelson With Bounce
Nelson is a part of the Nelson Tasman region and is known for its breathtaking landscapes filled with the natural beauty that is New Zealand. Nelson draws nature lovers, adventure seekers, and general tourists from all over the globe, offering so many different things to see and experience while in the area. Lounge on a golden beach or hike through the rugged mountains, wander through museums or enjoy the theater. Sign up for a food tour or pub crawl, or hit the shopping malls. No matter your expectations of Nelson, you will not be disappointed.
Located on the south island of New Zealand, overlooking the Tasman Bay, Nelson is best known for its local artisans, trendy shops, and swanky art galleries. However, with Abel Tasman National Park just outside the city, outdoorsy visitors will truly enjoy the natural landscapes found throughout the park. Spend time caving or hiking. Take a day to visit the Founders Heritage Park, a living museum where you can experience what the city was like when it was first founded as a small village in 1841. No matter what has drawn you to Nelson, you will not want to be weighed down with your luggage or bulky bags. Take a minute to use the Bounce app and find a location nearby to leave your things while you explore Nelson.
Luggage Storage in Nelson
Bounce has many partners throughout Nelson, where you can drop your belongings for safekeeping while exploring the city. Leave your things for a few hours or the entire day so you can freely move through the crowded streets and not have to do bag checks when visiting attractions. Bounce is not just for tourists, locals have found Bounce to be useful while out and about so they do not have to carry everything with them.
Nelson City Guide
Top Things to Do
Nelson is a unique port city in one of the most breathtaking countries in the world. You can easily spend your time wandering through the streets, enjoying the different artisan shops and attractions. Or head out into the parks and soak up the beauty that is New Zealand. Spend a day at the living museum, Founders Heritage Park, wandering through a replica of the original village. Enjoy the unique, fresh flavors of local fare and spend time learning about the local culture. Bounce has come up with a list of things to do in Nelson to get you started.
New Zealand has some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the world. While visiting Nelson, you do not necessarily want to be stuck indoors touring dusty relics. Spend a few hours a day learning about the history and culture of Nelson, then hit the streets and view the beautiful architecture of the city. Take a day and explore the parks in the area, especially the national park just outside the city.
- Nelson Provincial Museum: This regional museum will take you on a journey through the history of Nelson and Tasman, including the history of influential families within the region. Spend hours wandering through over 1.4 million different artifacts that recreate the history of the Nelson and Tasman region. Learn about the flora and fauna that shaped the area and view interactive exhibits that make learning more interesting.
- Abel Tasman National Park: Surround yourself with the beauty that is New Zealand and spend the day hiking through the Abel Tasman National Park. This wildlife reserve is located just outside Nelson. It is home to the Abel Tasman Coast Track, a trail that connects Marahau and Wainui. Head over to the Tonga Island Marine Reserve inside the park and watch the bottlenose dolphins, seals, and little blue penguins playing in the water.
- Founders Heritage Park: Make memories at this unique museum where you can learn more about the history and culture that makes up Nelson. Hop on the heritage railway that is run by the Nelson Railway Society and wander through this living museum. See how the original village of Nelson probably looked when it was first founded. Visit the shops where artisans create beautiful arts and crafts. Drop by the bakery for a tasty treat and watch as other visitors enjoy the experience of Founders Heritage Park.
While you may not want to be stuck indoors for long when visiting New Zealand, Nelson has some fantastic shopping malls, boutiques, and artisan shops. Spend some time browsing for the perfect souvenir or gifts for loved ones back home while you are exploring Nelson.
- Morrison Square: Walk around the square, wandering in and out of shops searching for great bargains and interesting finds. If you are looking for the perfect gift for a child, check out Smiggle, a shop filled with nostalgic toys and games as well as many of the latest and greatest gadgets. When you need a break, head over to the café located in the middle of the square for a delicious snack or full meal.
- Richmond Mall: Before hitting the shops, stop by for a cup of gourmet coffee. Then search out the sales and bargains or just browse until something catches your eye. This large mall has pretty much everything you could imagine, including a supermarket for your weekly grocery needs or quick snacks to take with you while you explore.
- Eclectic Antique Centre: Filled with priceless antique furniture and smaller knickknacks, the Eclectic Antique Centre is the perfect place to spend a lazy afternoon. Wander through the store enjoying items from not just New Zealand, but also the United States and the United Kingdom.
New Zealand cuisine centers on fresh ingredients bursting with flavor. You do not want to miss out on trying local dishes. International fare can also be found throughout Nelson, including Asian, Mexican, American, and Italian, just to name a few.
- Seafood: You cannot visit Nelson without sampling the fresh seafood that is available at many restaurants. Drop by the Boat Shed Café for lunch or dinner and enjoy a relaxing meal while looking out over the harbor. Check out their kingfish or the fish n chips special. You cannot go wrong with any of their fresh seafood dishes.
- Local Fare: Check out some of the fantastic dishes that New Zealand is known for, such as kiwi meat pie, pavlova, and whitebait fritters. Hopgoods is a fantastic bistro where you can get an espresso martini and enjoy the crayfish special or beef fillet and duck leg.
- Japanese: Sometimes, you just have to have something different. Nelson has several international options, including Japanese cuisine. The Wafu Bistro has a charming ambiance, friendly wait staff, and a delicious menu filled with authentic Japanese dishes. Give the dragon rolls or fresh, smoked scallops. Marinated and smoked eel is also a great choice.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Nelson?
The price for luggage storage in Nelson is just NZ$8.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Nelson?
There are multiple locations all around Nelson which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Tahunanui Beach, Tahuna Holiday Park, Janie Seddon Shipwreck and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Nelson?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Nelson.
Are there storage lockers in Nelson?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Nelson. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Nelson where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Nelson?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Squires Pub & Cafe, McCashin's Brewery, and McDonald's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Nelson are The Honest Lawyer Country Pub, Boutique Hotel Warwick House, and Quest Nelson.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Nelson?
Nelson offers several scenic parks including The Big Skid, Fairfield Park, and Queen's Gardens.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Nelson?
You can find local tourist information at Nelson I-Site Visitor Centre, Kitesurf Nelson, and Nelson Shuttles.