+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Norfolk
Freedom to explore for $5.90/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Norfolk Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Norfolk?" Perhaps you just arrived in Norfolk and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Village Square, Pembroke Mall, or Peninsula Town Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Mount Trashmore Park, Berkley Bridge, or Willoughby Bay Bridge and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Norfolk!
Luggage storage nearby most Norfolk hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Norfolk and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Norfolk start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Norfolk now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Panera Bread, and Cinema Cafe. You can also go for a hike around Lake Lawson/Lake Smith Natural Area, Virginia Aquarium Nature Trail, and Seashore State Park. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out MJ's Tavern, Maker's Craft Brewery, and Harbor Inn.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Norfolk with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Norfolk without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage around Norfolk with Bounce
Norfolk, Virginia, named after a British county of the same name, has a history that stretches back prior to 1705, when the city was incorporated. In fact, Norfolk was first established in 1619 under the name Elizabeth Cittie. It was renamed Norfolk after Adam Thoroughgood, an immigrant from the British Norfolk, became a major landholder in the area.
Much of Norfolk was burned to the ground during the Revolutionary War, but following independence, the city sprang up again and became an important center for tobacco cultivation. Following the abolition of slavery, Norfolk also became a major port for freed slaves returning to Africa to found the nation of Liberia. In fact, Liberia’s first president was born and raised in Norfolk.
In modern times, Norfolk remains the industrial and economic hub of this area of Virginia. Its port is one of the busiest on the East Coast of North America and provides jobs for thousands of residents. But beyond that, Norfolk is a cultural hub and a great place to visit. In recent decades, the city has undergone a major revitalization that has seen it become ever more popular with tourists. If you’re lucky enough to find yourself exploring the city, you can make things easier on yourself by dropping off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage. The lighter you travel, the easier it will be to explore.
Luggage storage in Norfolk
With so much history and culture to explore, you won’t want to be weighed down on a trip to Norfolk. That’s why Bounce partners with local businesses in Norfolk and in hundreds of cities around the world to provide safe and convenient luggage storage wherever you are. Book your luggage storage ahead of time with the Bounce app so you won’t waste a minute of your trip trying to find a place to keep your things.
Norfolk City Guide
Things to Do
Thanks to its long history, Norfolk is home to a number of fascinating historical attractions. However, the city also offers more modern things to do. The Waterside Festival Marketplace is a great place to explore, particularly at night, and the city is also a popular venue for the Virginia Opera and the Virginia Symphony Orchestra. In this vibrant and eclectic town, you won’t be short of things to do to keep you busy.
In a place with as long a history as Norfolk, you’d expect there to be some cool museums. And there definitely is. Whether you’re a major history buff or your interest is more casual, you’re sure to find fascinating institutions that will explain the rich history of the town.
- The Chrysler Museum of Art: Once declared as the best museum in the state by the New York Times, this art museum is a true Norfolk institution. It’s perhaps best known for its incredible glass collection, but it is also home to paintings and sculptures from around the world, covering more than 5000 years of human history and artistic endeavor. You could easily spend hours here without exhausting even a fraction of what it has to offer.
- Nauticus: For something completely different, head to the National Maritime Center, better known as Nauticus. This state-of-the-art attraction is located right on the waterfront and explores several different aspects of Norfolk’s maritime heritage. Aquariums full of exotic creatures expose visitors to the wildlife of the sea, and hands-on exhibits explain the history of shipping in the area. It’s also the home of USS Wisconsin, the last battleship ever built in the United States.
- The Hermitage Foundation Museum: Located on a gorgeous estate along the Lafayette River, this museum houses an eclectic collection with a special emphasis on Asian art and antiques. Check out the ornate Persian rugs and ivory carvings, and you’ll be forgiven for thinking you’ve been transported to another continent.
Norfolk’s long history is a major attraction for visitors to this Virginian city. But shopaholics will be glad to know there’s more to this part of Virginia than the past. Norfolk also offers some great places to shop, from exclusive boutiques to everyone’s brand-name favorites.
- Selden Market: If you’re looking for something you simply won’t find anywhere else, this eclectic market is the place to come. Staffed by local businesses and artisans, Selden Market is an incredible place to find everything from locally designed jewelry to clothes to leather goods to incredible food. You could easily spend the whole day here and never find the same thing twice thanks to the extensive range of different stalls.
- Ghent: If you want to shop in one of the most charming areas of the city, Ghent is where you need to be. This historic district has many of the city’s most characterful buildings, and is also home to some of its best shops. Local boutiques like Le Marche and Kitsch let you support the community while picking up unique items. If you get thirsty while you shop, don’t miss the chance to stop in at the craft brewery and sample some of Norfolk’s most popular beer.
- Norfolk Premium Outlets: If designer brands are more to your taste, Norfolk Premium Outlets has you covered. The sprawling outlet mall features more than 90 retailers, and you’re sure to find your favorite brands here at a bargain price.
Given its coastal location, you’d expect Norfolk to be a great place to eat seafood. And you’d be right. But thanks to a long history of immigration to the city from around the world, you’ll also find plenty of other interesting offerings here. Thanks to a diverse range of eateries, Norfolk is a great place to eat out.
- Seafood: After a day spent enjoying the bracing coastal air, there’s nothing better than some fresh seafood to dine on. You’ll find dozens of seafood restaurants along Norfolk’s harbor and in the downtown core, where you can enjoy the catch of the day and support the work of local chefs. Try Norfolk Seafood Company for seafood with a Creole twist, or keep things classic at Saltine.
- Fine dining: Norfolk’s downtown core is home to some truly iconic restaurants where you can get a meal as good as you’ll find in any major city. Particular highlights include The Monastery, which has been in business for over 30 years, or Todd Jurich’s, where you’ll find creative takes on local favorites and a seasonal menu that explores the best of land and sea.
- Southern food: If you’re hankering for soul food, you can find some incredible Southern cuisine in Norfolk. Check out Canvas Social Cuisine for chicken and waffles or jerk lamb chops, or head to Aunt Dorian’s for an unfussy take-out vibe and incredible fried chicken.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Norfolk?
The price for luggage storage in Norfolk is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Norfolk?
There are multiple locations all around Norfolk which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Mount Trashmore Park, Berkley Bridge, Willoughby Bay Bridge and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Norfolk?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Norfolk.
Are there storage lockers in Norfolk?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Norfolk. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Norfolk where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Norfolk?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Wawa and Chick-Fil-A. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Norfolk are Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, Hilton Norfolk THE MAIN, and SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Norfolk?
Norfolk offers several scenic parks including Portsmouth City Park, Lakeside Park, and Harbor Park.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Norfolk?
You can find local tourist information at Portsmouth Visitor Center, Cannonball Trail, and Victory Rover Naval Base Cruises.