Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Download the app
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Download
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage in Portimão?
The price for luggage storage in Portimão starts from just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Portimão?
There are multiple locations all around Portimão which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Praia da Rocha, Praia dos Três Irmãos, Praia de Alvor and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Portimão?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Portimão.
Are there storage lockers in Portimão?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Portimão. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Portimão where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Portimão?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Restaurante O Charneco, McDonald's, and Restaurante O Pescador. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Portimão are Hotel da Rocha, Pestana Dom João Village Beach Hotel & Villa Resort, and Jupiter Marina Hotel.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Portimão?
Portimão offers several scenic parks including Parque Infantil da Praia da Rocha, Parque do Castelo, and Fábrica de Conservas São José.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Portimão?
You can find local tourist information at Sungate, Turiburton - Agência de Viagens, and Ritmo Perfeito - Agência de Viagens e Turismo.
Luggage storage nearby most Portimão hotspotsPosted
Portimão Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage in Portimão?” Perhaps you just arrived in Portimão and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Gent's, AlbufeiraShopping, Algarve Shopping, or Retail Park Albufeira and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing around Portimão at Praia da Rocha, Praia dos Três Irmãos, or Praia de Alvor and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Portimão!
Luggage storage nearby most Portimão hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Portimão and the world.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Portimão start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Portimão now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Café dos Caçadores, Taquelim Gonçalves, and Forte de Santa Catarina. You can also go for a hike around Zona Ribeirinha, Algarve Hiking Trail, and Hanging Valley. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Fogo de Chão, Sky Bar@Tivoli, and Bar Helder's Tropical na Lagoa.
How do I store luggage in Portimão with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Portimão without your things!
Store Your Luggage Around Portimão With Bounce
In the district of Faro in southern Portugal is the port city of Portimão in the Algarve region. What began as the home of the Cynetes people in 600 BC is now a tourist center with its many beaches and attractions. Many people visit Portimão for the culture and history it holds with thousands of artifacts dating back to the prehistoric epoch.
Until recently, the city was known as Burj Munt or Porcimunt, depending on who you asked. It was not officially named the city of Portimão until 1924. Bordered by the Arade River on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other, it was a bustling place for fishing, shipbuilding, and trade. Now it boasts over 4.2 million visitors per year, providing more than a billion dollars for the town.
Whether you are in Portimão for the beaches, culture, history, or even for business, you will likely be looking for a place to stay. In the City Centre, you can find a variety of luxury hotels with suites that have a room size you won't believe. But even with a large room, you may want to know all of the local luggage storage spots for when you are out and about.
No matter where you are staying, Bounce has a luggage storage facility in most public areas including by the Faro Airport. You will not have to look for them either. Find Bounce online and the app will tell you where the most convenient luggage storage facilities are. Drop your bags off and experience the beauty of Portimão.
Luggage Storage in Portimão
Since many hotels have early check-out times, you are stuck with what to do with your suitcases while you explore this lovely city in between accommodations. Bounce is one of the best places to store luggage in Portimão with numerous luggage storage facilities in and around the city. They partner with local hotels, retailers, and other businesses to keep your bags safe while you see the sights.
Once you download the app and check out Bounce's services, you can reserve a booking for your items so you know there is space when you show up. The helpful staff will tag your bags and safely store them as long as you need. Luggage storage Portimão? Bounce has got you covered!
Portimão City Guide
Top Things to Do in Portimão
Because this is a coastal city, beaches are a big thing with tourists and locals. One of the best beaches in Portimão is the Praia da Rocha Beach near the Hotel da Rocha, which has free wifi, air-conditioned rooms, and free toiletries and breakfast. You can also take a cave cruise, shop and dine in Old Town, and visit some of the Portimão museums.
Museums in Portimão
Portimão boasts a variety of awesome museums where you can learn about its history as well as see some of the incredible art collections. All the museums have air conditioning, which is good because it gets hot in this coastal town.
- Museum of Portimão: Established in 2008, this museum is located in what used to be the Feu Hermanos sardine cannery. Today it is an award-winning museum on the banks of the river where you can learn all about fishing, shipbuilding, canning, and more. The archaeology department has some historic artifacts from the Alcalar site, but don't miss the Beheading Room.
- The Lux Gallery: Opened in 2020, this new art gallery brought contemporary art to Algarve so local art lovers did not have to travel far to appreciate the work. Some of the most popular artists include Viktoria Ganhao from Ukraine, Georges Pierre-Colin from France, Opiemme from Italy, and Ana Costa from Portugal. Bags are not allowed here so drop them off at Bounce luggage storage first.
- The National Costume Museum: Located in Quinta do Monteiro-Mor, this interesting museum features items of clothing from around the world. You can see theatrical costumes, uniforms, and exquisite formal wear including gowns like you have never seen. There are also carriages, jewelry, and other accessories. Be sure to visit the botanical park as well. Find a Bounce location to leave your luggage first so you don't have to lug them through the gardens.
Shopping in Portimão
No matter why you are visiting, you will most likely need to do some shopping in Portimão. We can recommend a few places! You can spend a whole day at the Algarve Casino shopping, dining, and playing. The friendly staff cannot allow you to bring your large bags though, so you will want to find the best luggage storage facility nearby.
- Portimão Market: Shoppers of all types visit the market every day looking for fresh food from local farmers as well as household goods, decor, and crafts. There is plenty of seating as well so you can enjoy some of the cuisine made fresh while you wait. Its location right in front of the Portimão Cemetery allows for some interesting views.
- Aqua Portimão Shopping Center: This huge mall boasts 120 retailers, 20 eateries, and numerous kiosks as well as entertainment. Some of the main shops include H&M, Sephora, Claire's, and Parfois. The food court has everything from McDonald's to Portugalia Balcao fine dining. They also have free wi-fi, charging ports, and a car wash.
- Rua do Comercio: Also known as the Street of Trade, this pedestrianized street has dozens of shops, dining establishments, pubs, salons, and related services. The alley is well-lit and clean so you can feel safe even shopping after dark. Some of the most well-known are Benetton, Oliveiras Jewelers, Topolino Toy Store, and Vilanova Accessories.
Dining in Portimão
From custard tarts to seafood rice, the cuisines in Portimão are as varied as the culture and the people. The most famous dish is bacalhau, which is salted cod. Then there is the grilled octopus, black pork, duck rice, and the famous Francesinha sandwich with sausage, steak, ham, chunks of bread, and thick fries doused in gravy.
- Ocean Restaurant: The only eating establishment in Portimão with two Michelin stars, Ocean Restaurant is a world leader in seafood at its finest. You'll be served 14 courses with dishes like blue crab with green Piri-Piri, smoked mackerel with barnacles, and wild tiger prawns. Be sure to reserve your booking long before the night you plan to indulge.
- Burgers: Just like any place, you can find burgers all over Portimão from fast food patties to gourmet Angus burgers. The Hambugeria B & B between the river and the ocean is fantastic, and Tony's Snack Bar is a very casual and friendly place to enjoy good food on the cheap. Burger Ranch is also fast, cheap, and delicious.
- Dessert: Whether you are looking for egg tarts, pastries, cakes, or ice cream, Portimão has all that and more. The bakeries like Pastelaria Arade, Mel & Canela, and Delicias are perfect for a sweet treat at any time. Or opt for the colder desserts at Gelateria Sorbetto, Buono Gelato, or Vero Gelato Italiano.