+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Rotorua
Freedom to explore for NZ$8.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Rotorua Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 24, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Rotorua?" Perhaps you just arrived in Rotorua and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Redwood Shopping Centre, Cotton on, or Macpac Rotorua and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Waimangu Volcanic Valley Geothermal Attraction, Kerosene Creek, or Lake Tikitapu and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Rotorua!
Luggage storage nearby most Rotorua hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Rotorua and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Rotorua start at just NZ$8.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Rotorua now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Okere Falls Store, Robert Harris, and Cafe Baraco. You can also go for a hike around Redwoods Treewalk, The Redwoods, and Paradise Valley Springs Wildlife Park. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Brew | Craft Beer Pub, Pig & Whistle Historic Pub, and Hennessy's Irish Bar.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Rotorua with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Rotorua without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Rotorua With Bounce
Rotorua is a city situated in the Bay of Plenty Region on the North Island of New Zealand. It is found on the southern shore of Lake Rotorua, which is how the city got its name. With approximately 54,500 residents, Rotorua ranks 12th largest urban area in New Zealand and the second largest in the Bay of Plenty Region, second only to Tauranga.
Rotorua is one of New Zealand’s major tourist destinations and is frequented by both domestic and international visitors. In fact, tourism is the city’s largest industry, attracting millions of tourists annually. One of Rotorua’s most prominent and unique features is its geothermal activity causing geysers, clouds of steam, natural hot springs, and hot mud pools. This thermal activity is the result of the city’s location within the Pacific Rim of Fire. Aside from this, Rotorua is also famous for its epic landscapes. It isn’t difficult to find crystal clear streams, picturesque forests, and impressive hiking and biking trails all over the city.
Are you in Rotorua for a short while? Or do you have a long holiday that you plan to spend exploring the city? Whatever your reason for visiting Rotorua, you can make your life easier by using the storage services offered by Bounce.
Luggage Storage in Rotorua
With so much to see and experience in the city of Rotorua, you should not have to carry extra weight on your shoulders – literally and figuratively! Bounce knows how important it is to travel light, which is why we have teamed up with several local businesses in key locations across Rotorua. Use the Bounce app to find a location near you and drop off your luggage there. Leave your luggage burdens behind.
Rotorua City Guide
Top Things to Do
Rotorua may be known for its natural hot springs and outdoor adventures, but there are plenty of other attractions and experiences to be had in the city. Those who are looking for a taste of culture will not be disappointed. These are some of the spots you should see when in Rotorua:
With such a colorful history and a deep Maori heritage, it comes as no surprise that there is a range of interesting museums in Rotorua that will educate you about the city’s rich culture. Here are some of the top museums to visit:
- Te Amorangi Trust Museum: The Te Amorangi Trust Museum is home to an impressive collection that dates back to the 1920s. Found within a restored Douslin House, the museum houses a Sheward collection of various Maori artifacts as well as vintage agricultural and industrial machinery. One of the highlights of the museum is a fully refurbished McLaren traction engine, which is fired up every second Sunday of the month. (Bag policy: There are no size restrictions for luggage and bags. However, to avoid any hassle, it’s best to store your things with Bounce before your visit.)
- Bibleworld Museum & Discovery Centre: Whether you’re a religious buff or not, you will have an interesting experience at the Bibleworld Museum and Discovery Centre. As its name suggests, the facility is filled with handmade models of Bible-related places and events such as the Jerusalem temple, life during the time of Abraham, the standard village house during Jesus’ time, and more. The museum also houses more than 70 actual artifacts from Biblical times. Visitors can also check out the different interactive experiences. Try on a Roman helmet, smell fragrances such as myrrh and frankincense, and blow an actual ram’s horn shofar. (Bag policy: Large bags or backpacks may be prohibited by the museum. Instead, look for a Bounce partner nearby and drop off your luggage there.)
- 3D Trick Art Gallery: This facility is perfect for visitors of all ages and will surely give you a fun and memorable experience. It is the only 3D art gallery in the country. It offers guests a creative and educational experience where over fifty two-dimensional paintings appear 3D-like, thanks to special paint and scientific drawing techniques. You can even create your own masterpiece in the museum’s gallery. (Bag policy: Guests may not bring oversized bags inside the gallery. To keep your hands free, find a Bounce location and leave your items there.)
Shopping in Rotorua is an experience in itself; there are plenty of flea markets, souvenir shops, and other locally-owned businesses that offer several exciting finds. The following are some shopping spots you won’t want to miss:
- Rotorua Night Market: This weekly market, which takes place every Thursday at Tutanekai Street, brings together local chefs, food vendors, and artists in one canopied area. Visitors of the market can sample incredible food and other delicacies such as handcrafted cheese, jams, chutneys, and other artisan food. There are also art vendors that sell locally-made weavings, glassware, paintings, and more.
- Mount Maunganui Mainstreet: The downtown area of Mount Maunganui is a haven for shopaholics, with most shops here open all week long. This vibrant area has a long line of souvenir shops, locally-made products, boutiques, fashion stores, art shops, and more. On Sundays, there is a farmer’s market that sells fresh local produce.
- Taupo: About an hour's drive away from Rotorua, Taupo is packed with shopping spots that will satisfy your retail therapy needs. While there are no malls in the area, the town has plenty of outdoor adventure shops, upscale boutiques, specialty food vendors, and souvenir stores, to name a few. Heu Heu Street is particularly popular due to the number of well-known sports brands and outdoor gear shops, where most people buy their equipment and gear before heading off to their outdoor adventures.
Rotorua’s restaurant scene caters to all tastes and budgets. The food here is pretty diverse and highlights both local and international dishes. These are some of the must-try eateries in the city:
- Contemporary New Zealand cuisine: The contemporary New Zealand cuisine is mainly focused on sourcing local ingredients and serving seasonal food choices. One of Rotorua’s gems is Atticus Finch, which is known for its Kiwi dishes as well as its delicious craft beers. Other worthy restaurants are The Regent Room, Mokoia Restaurant, Ambrosia, and Urbano Bistro.
- International favorites: Rotorua’s dining scene features plenty of cuisines from all over the world. In fact, some of the city’s most popular restaurants highlight international dishes. Among the top-rated international restaurants in Rotorua are Leonardo’s (Italian), Abracadabra Café and Bar (Mexican-Middle Eastern fusion), Ambrosia (Mediterranean), Sabroso Restaurant (Latin American), Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant (Indian) and Yamato Japanese Restaurant (Japanese).
- Vegan and vegetarian: While local cuisine features a lot of meat, Rotorua has no shortage of vegan and vegetarian options for those living a plant-based lifestyle. Some of the best vegan spots in the city include Steam, Tea and Happiness, BailwalG, and Delhi Hut.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Rotorua?
The price for luggage storage in Rotorua is just NZ$8.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Rotorua?
There are multiple locations all around Rotorua which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Waimangu Volcanic Valley Geothermal Attraction, Kerosene Creek, Lake Tikitapu and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Rotorua?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Rotorua.
Are there storage lockers in Rotorua?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Rotorua. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Rotorua where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Rotorua?
The most popular restaurants to visit are McDonald's, Devon Sea Foods, and Gold Star Bakery. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Rotorua are Kowhai & Colonial Motel, Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park, and Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Rotorua?
Rotorua offers several scenic parks including Kuirau Park, Rotorua, Nz, Hannahs Bay Reserve, and Rotorua Tree Trust.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Rotorua?
You can find local tourist information at Te Puia, Rotorua Duck Tours, and Zorb Rotorua.