Luggage Storage Salerno Train Station
Instantly reserve the best locations near Salerno Train Station to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Salerno Train Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Salerno Train Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Salerno and need a place to store your bags near Salerno Train Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Centro Commerciale Maximall, Centro Commerciale Mercogliano, or La Cartiera and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Villa Rufolo, Pompeii Archaeological Park (Area Archeologica di Pompei), or Lido Marinella .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Salerno Train Station!
Luggage storage nearby Salerno Train Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Salerno with multiple locations near Salerno Train Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Salerno Train Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Salerno Train Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Gran caffè' le Torte di Renato, Villa Comunale, and Bar Syrenuse. You can also go for a hike around Vesuvius National Park (Parco nazionale del Vesuvio), Parco Scientifico e Tecnologico di Salerno e Aree Interne della Campania, and Sentiero degli dei. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Bar Diamante, Cetaria Ristobar, and Gran Caffè Canasta.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Salerno Train Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Salerno Train Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Salerno Train Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Salerno Train Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Salerno Train Station and Salerno without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Salerno!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Salerno!View City
About Salerno Train Station
Salerno isn't Italy's best known or most visited city by any stretch of the imagination. But it does function as a kind of regional hub. The capital of the Salerno region and one of the bigger cities in the province of Campania, Salerno is the first major city south of Naples.
Salerno's main train station is right in the heart of the city, close to the port. As a regional hub, this train station is extremely busy for its size. First opened in 1866, it has ten tracks that link the city with Naples, Rome, Florence, and other cities further north. It's also an important stop along the way to more southerly Italian destinations such as Calabria, Taranto, and Sicily.
Salerno train station lies at the southern end of the high-speed Frecciarossa line that runs from here through Naples and Rome to Florence, Milan, and Turin. The station is also served by regional lines that make it possible to explore everything Campania has to offer.
Salerno train station is big enough to have many of the services you need. You'll find shops and plenty of snack bars where you can grab a coffee or a bite to eat. There's also a lounge for members of the Freccia club, the loyalty program for Italy's national rail service.
Things to do near Salerno Train Station
A big part of what brings visitors to Salerno is its port. Cruise ships dock here, and ferries leave for extremely popular Italian destinations such as the Amalfi coast and the island of Capri. Since there are no train stations in any of the towns along the legendary Amalfi Coast, Salerno is one of the gateways to this world-famous destination. But you don't have to leave Salerno right away to have a good time. There are fun things to do in the area, such as:
- Enjoy a seafood meal at Ristorante New Kursaal. This well-regarded restaurant looks out over one of Salerno's popular beaches, and the food is as fresh as the view suggests. Try the mixed antipasto plate for a taste of everything, but leave room for the daily specials that are usually caught fresh that morning.
- Get a breathtaking view at Arechi Castle. This charismatic ruin sits on a stony hill overlooking the town and its dazzling coastline. A fort since the 6th century, the castle was redeveloped in the 18th century but fell into disuse by the 20th century.
- Go back in time at Salerno Cathedral. Just a short walk or single Metro train stop from Salerno station, this impressive church was built on the site of an old Roman temple. Best known for its Arabic Norman belltower, the church is one of Salerno's major attractions.
- Recharge your batteries at the Garden of Minerva. Named after the Roman goddess of wisdom, this botanical garden sits in the heart of old Salerno close to the Cathedral, but feels a long way away from the bustle of the city. Dating back to the 12th century, this is one of Europe's oldest still-existing botanical Gardens.
- Take a stroll along the Lungomare Trieste. This waterfront path allows you to get close to Salerno's beautiful blue sea, and offers some of the best people-watching you'll find anywhere. In the best Italian tradition, take an after-dinner stroll to see the people of Salerno promenading among their neighbors.
Transit options at Salerno Train Station
- Solano train station is well-connected to the major cities of Italy by train. There are also regional lines that stop at small stations in the city itself before reaching towns like Vietri sul Mare and Cava de’ Tirreni.
- Many of Salerno's bus lines stop at Piazza V. Veneto right out in front of the station. Buses here can take you along the winding highway to the Amalfi coast. Remember to buy your tickets from a tobacco shop before boarding.
- A short walk of around 1/4 of a mile will bring you to Salerno's tourist port. Boats embark from here to Amalfi, Capri, and many other destinations.
Luggage storage at Salerno Train Station
The area around the train station and down to the port is relatively flat. However, much of the town is built on some fairly severe hills. If you want to explore Salerno, it’s better to travel as lightly as you possibly can.
Fortunately, Bounce offers luggage storage that is convenient for you wherever you are. Drop off your bags and know that they will be well looked after until you come back to pick them up.
Attractions and activities near Salerno Train Station
- Amalfi Coast: Along with Sorrento to the north, Salerno is one of the major gateways to the beautiful Amalfi Coast. Take a bus, a boat, or, if you're feeling brave, rent a car or scooter and drive along the winding coastal highway to the breathtaking villages of Amalfi, Positano, Maiori, and other destinations.
- Capri Once a vacation destination for Roman emperors, Capri is now the home of the international jet set. With its awesome cliffs, inviting warm sea and incredible food, it's one of the world's great island destinations.
- Paestum: Before the Romans rose to power, this part of Italy was ruled by the Greeks. When visiting the Greek temples at Paestum, you could be forgiven for thinking you’ve traveled not only to another country, but back in time. The temples here are some of the best preserved anywhere, including Greece, and are a fascinating place to explore less than an hour from Salerno.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Salerno Train Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Salerno Train Station?
The price for luggage storage near Salerno Train Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Salerno Train Station?
There are multiple locations in the Salerno Train Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Stazione Circumvesuviana Nola, Stazione Circumvesuviana S. Antonio, and Stazione Circumvesuviana di Torre Annunziata - Oplonti and all over Salerno.
Is it safe to store your bags near Salerno Train Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Salerno Train Station.
Are there storage lockers near Salerno Train Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Salerno Train Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Salerno Train Station and in the broader Salerno area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Salerno Train Station?
Popular metro stations like Binario 7s or Metropolitana Salerno - Fermata Pastena can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Salerno near Salerno Train Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Fermata Cstp, Bus Terminal, or Capolinea Sita. If traveling by train, Stazione Salerno Duomo - Via Vernieri, Stazione Metropolitana Arbostella, and Stazione Salerno Irno are nearest to Salerno Train Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Salerno Train Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Salerno Train Station are Hotel Raito, Grand Hotel Salerno, and Hotel Centro Congressi Polo Nautico. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Salerno Train Station are Ostello di Salerno, Ostello Ave Gratia Plena - Hostel, and B&B Bouganville.
Where are the best restaurants near Salerno Train Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Salerno Train Station are Antica Caffetteria, Madegra - Salerno, and Ristorante Mediterraneo.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Salerno Train Station?
Check out the nearby Parco Del Mercatello, Parco Del Seminario, and Parco Il Galiziano.