Rated 4.9/5 (153,790 ratings)
Luggage Storage Santa Barbara
Instantly reserve the best locations in Santa Barbara to store your luggage for just $5.90 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Santa Barbara hotspots
Santa Barbara Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Santa Barbara?" Perhaps you just arrived in Santa Barbara and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ross Dress for Less, Camino Real Marketplace, or The Plaza and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Carpinteria State Beach, Isla Vista Beach, or Butterfly Beach and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Santa Barbara!
Luggage storage nearby most Santa Barbara hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Santa Barbara and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Santa Barbara start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Santa Barbara now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Top Of Old San Marcos Rd, and Hope Ranch. You can also go for a hike around Cold Spring Trail, San Ysidro Falls Trail, and Ennisbrook Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Cruisery, Institution Ale Co, and EOS Lounge.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Santa Barbara with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Santa Barbara without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store your Luggage around Santa Barbara with Bounce
Located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, Santa Barbara is on the edge of the Los Padres National Forest at the base of the Santa Ynez Mountains. This beautiful coastal town has a population of just under 100,000, and it is the second-most populous city in the county. As a resort and tourist town, the economy thrives on making guests feel at home and happy, so expect to be wowed everywhere you go.
Santa Barbara has a warm climate with an average high of 70 and an average low of 54, making outdoor activities very popular. In fact, the weather was rated number one in the United States by the U.S. News & World Report in 2018. With all the warm weather and sunny skies, the beaches in Santa Barbara are major attractions year-round. Some of the most popular include Leadbetter Beach, East Beach, and Arroyo Burro Beach, which are all great places to surf, swim, and just hang out and enjoy the sun.
If you would rather stay on dry land, take a hike at one of the local parks like Rattlesnake Canyon, Chumash Painted Cave State Historic Park, or Skofield Park. You can also enjoy the gardens of Santa Barbara Botanic Garden or the Alice Keck Park Memorial Gardens. Be sure to grab your camera and sunscreen out of your bags before dropping them off at a Bounce location.
Luggage Storage in Santa Barbara
When you are visiting a city like Santa Barbara, you don’t want to be bogged down by your bags. They are a literal drag when it comes to sightseeing and enjoying the amazing attractions here. Have you ever tried to pull your luggage through the sand at the beach? Or, maybe you call Santa Barbara home. Are you a local who needs to store your gym gear between a workout and a dinner date? Leave your belongings at a Bounce location in the city for safekeeping. Bounce partners with local businesses to watch your luggage while you enjoy the sights.
City Guide Santa Barbara
Top Things to Do
The city is full of fun things to do while you are in town on holiday, or on a date. Besides the beaches and parks, you can also enjoy a boat ride, let the experts show you around on a bus tour, or take a trip through wine country. If you like animals, visit the Santa Barbara Zoo on Ninos Drive. It may be small, but it is impressive with hundreds of animals, a train, and live shows. You can even feed the giraffes. Santa Barbara also has a plethora of restaurants, museums, and awesome places to shop.
Santa Barbara has over two dozen museums and galleries to explore and enjoy. Several art, history, and science museums await, as well as some more unique choices. Whether you want to learn about flora and fauna, culture, or artisans of Santa Barbara or just want to have fun, you can find a museum that will fit the bill. Make sure you leave your bags, shopping parcels, or whatever else is bogging you down with a Bounce affiliate first, so you don’t have to drag them around.
- Moxi Museum: The Moxi Museum is an interactive science center for everyone from two to 102. Build your own mini race car and race it on a track, play with gravity, and learn more about technology. Divided into different areas such as light, sound, media, and natural forces, you can find over 17,000 square feet of fun and information. You can also take part in games, storytime, and workshops. Located on State Street just off of US-101, this museum is fun for everyone.
- Santa Barbara Historical Museum: Located on East De La Guerra Street, about five blocks northwest of US-101, this historical museum is one of the oldest cultural buildings in Santa Barbara. They have rotating exhibits featuring historical artifacts to modern events as well as permanent collections dating back to the first humans in Santa Barbara. The Chumash, who settled in the area 10,000 years ago, were hunter-gatherers who left a plethora of items behind to help us learn their story.
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History: Interested in nature? Learn all about flora and fauna in and around Santa Barbara at this expansive museum. On Puesta del Sol just off of CA-192, you’ll find the museum as well as a planetarium, butterfly garden, and observatory. Different sections of the museum include pygmy mammoths in the earth and marine sciences area, stunning gemstones in the gem and mineral area, and space exploration at the space sciences area. With over 3.5 million specimens to see, you will really need your camera for this one.
Whether you are looking for something specific or just want some retail therapy, Santa Barbara has it all. The malls, boutiques, and department stores are well-known all around California, and you can find shops tucked between bars and eateries in the oddest places. Here are a few of Bounce’s recommendations.
- State Street: The whole street has a variety of eclectic stores, markets, and kiosks to browse through. You can use the street as a sort of yellow brick road to find the best places for anything and everything. The Funk Zone is an area along State Street between the coast and US-101, where you’ll find surf shops, wineries, and galleries between graffiti murals and converted warehouses. Paseo Neuvo, an open-air mall, has gift shops, eateries, bars, and name brands like Victoria’s Secret, Sephora, and Nordstrom. There is even an arcade, two plazas, and a turtle fountain on this unique street.
- La Cumbre Plaza: Located between the ocean and the mountains, you can find a plaza full of premier shops and boutiques. On South Hope Avenue just south of State Street, this is Santa Barbara’s most posh and fancy shopping and dining plaza. They have over 30 stores from Macy’s to Yves Delorme and more than a dozen eateries from Panera Bread to Islands Fine Burgers & Drinks.
- Camino Real Marketplace: For a more unique type of shopping, head to Goleta by the Santa Barbara Airport on Market Place Drive. They have everything from tiny shops to large retail stores. They even have a cinema so you can catch a movie if you have time. Some of the stores here include Pier 1 Imports, Costco, Home Depot, Ulta Beauty, Tilly’s, and Best Buy.
Whatever you are in the mood for, you can probably find it in Santa Barbara. Being a tourist town, the city has a plethora of eateries from fine dining to fast food. But you can eat at McDonald's anywhere. Try something new and different while you are in town.
- Bibi Ji: Located on State Street, this Indian restaurant is excellent for those who like to try a bit of everything. The menu is full of different tastes, from street food to fancy plates of designer Indian cuisine. Local wines are also chilled and ready to serve with your meal. Butter chicken, coconut curry with halibut, and chicken tikka are just a few of the choices you'll find here. Neon lights and contemporary music make the experience even better.
- Brophy Brothers: If you like seafood, Brophy Brothers Clam Bar and Restaurant is the place to go in Santa Barbara. Located on Harbor Way right on the waterfront, Brophy Brothers is well-known for its incredible view and delicious oysters. The seafood is fresh and locally caught, and the atmosphere is casual and trendy. Try their Bloody Mary, which is supposed to be legendary.
- Arigato Sushi: If you haven’t tried sushi, Arigato Sushi is the place to start. You can find it on State Street between East Victoria Street and West Anapamu Street in a small shop in a strip mall. Besides the over 50 types of sushi, you can also enjoy edamame, potstickers, crab tempura, garlic beef, and octopus sunomono. Wash it down with saki, beer, or even champagne.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Santa Barbara?
The price for luggage storage in Santa Barbara is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Santa Barbara?
There are multiple locations all around Santa Barbara which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Carpinteria State Beach, Isla Vista Beach, Butterfly Beach and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Santa Barbara?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Santa Barbara.
Are there storage lockers in Santa Barbara?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Santa Barbara. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Santa Barbara where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Santa Barbara?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Chick-Fil-A, Santa Barbara Shellfish Co, and McDonald's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Santa Barbara are Rosewood Miramar Beach, Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort, and San Ysidro Ranch.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Santa Barbara?
Santa Barbara offers several scenic parks including Arroyo Burro Beach, Shoreline Park, and Earl Warren Showgrounds.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Santa Barbara?
You can find local tourist information at Santa Barbara Visitor Center, Santa Barbara Adventure Company, and Truth Aquatics.