+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Trieste
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Trieste Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 21, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Trieste?" Perhaps you just arrived in Trieste and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Eurospar, OBI Koper, or Planet Koper and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Škocjan Caves (Škocjanske jame), Debeli rtič, or Grožnjan and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Trieste!
Luggage storage nearby most Trieste hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Trieste and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Trieste start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Trieste now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Grad (Castle) Črni Kal, Na placu, and Cacao. You can also go for a hike around Vojkova koca na Nanosu, Kolesarska pot Izola-Koper, and Naravni Rezervat Strunjan. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Bar Rosandra, Urbanis, and Al Capo in B.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Trieste with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Trieste without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Perched on a stretch of land in Italy's northeastern corner is the port city of Trieste. The capital of the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region, Trieste sits only a few miles from Italy's border with Slovenia and roughly 30 miles from Croatia. Trieste is known for its array of historic monuments and its tranquil seafront, which overlooks the Gulf of Trieste. The city is easily reachable with Trieste Centrale railway station and Trieste – Friuli Venezia Giulia Airport connecting the city regionally and internationally.
Trieste was founded around 2,200 years ago by Romans under the command of Julius Caesar. Due to its location near Italy's historic borders with Austria-Hungary and Yugoslavia, Trieste has struggled with territorial disputes for much of its existence. These disputes are most notable in the aftermath of World War II when the UN devised the Free Territory of Trieste, which eventually ended with Trieste becoming part of an autonomous region in the 1960s.
Today, Trieste has a mixed heritage resulting in a unique culture coupled with some amazing natural sights and fascinating monuments. These features make Trieste an idyllic vacation destination.
Things to do in Trieste
You won't be short of things to do in the picturesque port city of Trieste. Whether you're just looking to relax by the ocean or fancy discovering northeastern Italy's rugged landscape, Trieste provides something for everyone. Once you arrive in Trieste, plan on visiting some of these local attractions.
- Sample some of the freshest seafood around at one of Trieste's bayside bistros. Some of the city's best eateries include Trattoria Nerodiseppia, Tavernetta al Molo, and Trattoria Al Faro.
- Learn about Trieste's medieval history at the San Giusto Castle. Once an imposing 15th-century fortress, San Giusto Castle is now a museum filled with artifacts including ancient weapons, sculptures, and more.
- Take a sunset stroll down the Molo Audace. Trieste's stone pier dates back to the 18th century and juts over 650 feet into the bay.
- Relax at the Piazza Unità d'Italia. Notable for being the largest oceanside square in Europe, the Piazza Unità d'Italia has an intriguing history and is perfect for an alfresco coffee.
- Learn about local artistry at the Revoltella Museum. Founded in the late 19th century, the Revoltella Museum features works by the likes of Giuseppe Tominz and Francesco Hayez.
Transit options in Trieste
- International flights from Trieste – Friuli Venezia Giulia Airport
- Regional services from Trieste Centrale railway station
- Local bus services (Trieste Trasporti)
Luggage storage in Trieste
Trieste is a compact city with a growing population and hilly streets. If you’re trying to make the most out of your visit to this postcard-perfect port, you might want to avoid lugging any heavy bags around. Bounce affords luggage storage services in Trieste, where you can stow your suitcases, leaving you free ramble around the city. Facilities are situated at nearby businesses and are easy to book via the Bounce app. Cancellations are also free, so no need to worry if you're running late or have a change of plans.
Attractions and activities in Trieste
- Cattedrale di San Giusto Martire: Trieste Cathedral is a must for anybody interested in the area's history. Deemed a minor basilica in the late 19th century, this Roman Catholic cathedral dates back as far as the 6th century, with parts of the original structure belonging to a Roman gateway known as a propylaeum. Some of the most famous features of the cathedral's interior include the original mosaic floor by the entrance and lavish Gothic rose stained glass window. Tourists flock to admire the cathedral's many religious mosaics, many of which date back to the 12th and 13th centuries. You won't want to wheel heavy suitcases through this historic cathedral, so drop by a Trieste luggage storage service before your visit.
- Grotta Gigante: One of the best natural wonders in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region is the Grotta Gigante. At roughly 350 feet high and 430 feet long, Grotta Gigante held the world record for being the largest show cave for 15 years. Visitors can take a guided tour of this vast cave, with over 500 steps leading down over 370 feet below the surface. Inside the main cave, you'll find an array of rock formations, including glistening stalactites and stalagmites. Touring the cave takes around an hour and a half and is a great way to cool down on a scorching day, with the temperature in the cave staying at 51 degrees Fahrenheit. You'll want to travel light while exploring this massive cave, so check in at a Trieste luggage storage service first.
- Vittoria Light: Dominating Trieste's skyline is the Vittoria Light. This active lighthouse sits upon the hill of Gretta and, at over 220 feet tall, is one of the world's tallest lighthouses. Construction of the lighthouse began in the late 1920s to commemorate sailors lost in battle during World War I. The lighthouse is composed of white stone slabs from nearby mountains and is topped with a dome featuring a statue by Giovanni Mayer known as Winged Victory. Buried below the lighthouse is the anchor from the battleship Audace, which sank during World War II. Despite being an active lighthouse, visitors can tour the interior on the weekends, and while they can't climb to the top, they visit a terrace that boasts some of the best views of Trieste around.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Trieste?
The price for luggage storage in Trieste is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Trieste?
There are multiple locations all around Trieste which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Škocjan Caves (Škocjanske jame), Debeli rtič, Grožnjan and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Trieste?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Trieste.
Are there storage lockers in Trieste?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Trieste. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Trieste where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Trieste?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Pizzeria Al Brigantino, Trattoria Al Pozzo, and Buffet da Pepi. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Trieste are Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace, DoubleTree by Hilton Trieste, and Forvm boutique Hotel.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Trieste?
Trieste offers several scenic parks including Parco di San Giovanni - Comprensorio Ex OPP, Giardino Pubblico Muzio de Tommasini, and Bosco del Farneto.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Trieste?
You can find local tourist information at Info Point Turismo FVG - Trieste, Agenzia Turismo Friuli Venezia Giulia, and Adriatica.Net Centro Viaggi.