+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Tulum
Freedom to explore for MX$120.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Tulum Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 27, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Tulum?" Perhaps you just arrived in Tulum and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Centro Comercial Tulum, Zak Ik, or Arte "Taxco" and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Tulum Beach, Laguna de Muyil, or Sirenis Beach and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Tulum!
Luggage storage nearby most Tulum hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Tulum and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Tulum start at just MX$120.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Tulum now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Campanella Cremerie, and Rossina Cafe. You can also go for a hike around Reserva de la biosfera Sian Ka'anl, Tankha, and Sian Ka'an. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Mulut Jach Ki, Papaya Playa Beach Club, and Casa Jaguar.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Tulum with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Tulum without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store your Luggage around Tulum with Bounce
Tulum is a former walled city built by Mayans during the pre-Columbian era and was a key port for the ancient city of Coba, located in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. One of the last cities constructed and inhabited by the Mayans, the city’s ruins and archaeological sites are nestled on a 12-meter cliff along the eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula and are among the world’s best-preserved sites. Unfortunately, Old World diseases carried by Spanish conquerors brought unsettlement in the society. This eventually led to thousands of deaths, and the city was soon abandoned by its inhabitants.
Today, however, things are completely different in Tulum. With its beautifully preserved ruins, along with the stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, underground rivers, and unique cenotes, it’s easy to see why Tulum has gone on to become one of the top tourist attractions in Mexico. Both locals and foreign visitors flock to the area to experience the beauty of nature and learn more about the ancient city’s history.
Arriving in Tulum for a short getaway? Or are you flying into Mexico to see the best of the city? Regardless of your reason for visiting, Bounce can help you with your luggage problems. Simply find a Bounce location that’s convenient for you and drop off your things there. Store your luggage anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days so you can be worry-free during your trip!
Luggage Storage in Tulum
Bounce knows how troublesome it is to drag a large suitcase or carry around a heavy backpack, especially when moving from one spot to another. This is why we have partnered with numerous local businesses situated in key areas in Tulum, such as tourist attractions, major transportation hubs, and the like. Simply choose a Bounce location that’s suitable for you and deposit your luggage there. Your items are secure, and you now have complete freedom to explore the different sites and spots in Tulum!
Tulum City Guide
Top Things to Do
Beyond the stunning Mayan ruins, caves and beaches, Tulum has lots to offer when it comes to cultural experiences. If you’re looking to fill your time in the city, check out the following things to do in Tulum:
Tulum does not have a crazy amount of museums, unlike other cities in Mexico. However, the city does have a handful of interesting and unique attractions worth spending a day or two of exploring, such as the following:
- SFER IK: A truly one-of-a-kind museum and gallery, the SFER IK is not your run-of-the-mill exhibition space and one you shouldn’t miss when in Tulum. Located within the grand Azulik Resort, the museum was established by the great-grandson of Peggy Guggenheim, a world-renowned art collector. At SFER IK, guests are asked to go barefoot to feel the polished concrete and wooden floors and the gallery’s ceilings feature sprouting plants. The museum also hosts various temporary exhibitions that involve avant-garde elements and optical illusions. (Bag policy: Oversized bags or backpacks aren’t allowed inside the facility. To prevent any issues, find a Bounce partner in the area, and store your luggage there.)
- Museo de la Prehistoria Parque Dos Ojos: While it may be modest in size, this museum is packed with cool artifacts and plenty of history. Situated on Parque Dos Ojos, by one of the famous cenotes in the city, the Museo de la Prehistoria highlights the anthropological and archeological remnants of the Ice Age. Learn through the collection of prehistoric animals and fossils. What’s even more interesting is that the museum guides employed here are the very scuba divers who found the relics so that you get an accurate explanation. (Bag policy: Big backpacks and other forms of luggage may not be allowed inside the museum. Stay hands-free by leaving your things with Bounce before your visit.)
- Art Gallery Miniature: This quaint and charming museum-gallery features an interesting collection of ceramic sculptures and regular household items. Guests of the gallery can view an array of artifacts – from incense holders and dishes to animal sculptures and statues of mythical creatures and folk legends. (Bag policy: There are no restrictions regarding luggage, but to avoid any hassle, look for a Bounce partner near the museum and store your luggage there.)
Tulum is a treasure trove of retail options. Both Tulum Beach and Pueblo (Tulum Town) are teeming with beloved boutiques and shops frequented by locals and tourists. If you’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start, here are Bounce’s top recommendations for shopping in Tulum:
- Josa: Owned by New York native Joanne Salt, Josa is the iconic dress shop in the city. The shop has a wide array of products, including beach dresses, hats, scarves, bags, sandals, and even jewelry. Josa has two locations – one along the fashionable Tulum Beach Road and one in downtown Tulum.
- La Troupe: Another one of Tulum’s shopping institutions, La Troupe offers different handicrafts made from Mexican textiles. The well-rounded shop has just about everything that a shopper could want – tote bags, straw wallets, burlap coffee bags, dream catchers, and more.
- Mr. Blackbird: Owned by a husband-and-wife who design all items in-house, Mr. Blackbird is one shop that you should absolutely check out when in Tulum. The store’s specialties involve accessories of different kinds – crocheted bags, macramé sandals, belts, and necklaces. In fact, most of their jewelry pieces are sold in other stores around Tulum.
Tulum has no shortage of excellent dining options to satisfy all kinds of tastes and food preferences. Whatever flavor your taste buds are looking for, it’s safe to say that you will find a restaurant to satisfy your cravings. Here are some of Tulum’s top eateries:
- Taqueria: Tacos are arguably the most popular Mexican dish and Tulum has an abundance of taquerias where you can get some authentic tacos, such as Taqueria Honorio, El Carboncito, Antojitos la Chiapaneca and Tacos y Tortas El Tío.
- Seafood: Tulum’s proximity to the sea is a major reason why the city hosts some incredible seafood spots. Among the best seafood restaurants in Tulum are Hartwood, El Camello Jr, La Malquerida, Ziggy’s, El Capitan and La Corriente.
- Vegan eateries: With its booming yoga scene, calming nature, and world-class relaxation spots, Tulum has been drawing a huge crowd that adheres to a healthy and plant-based lifestyle. It’s easy to find quality vegan and vegetarian dining options here, such as Restaurare, El Vegetariano, Mar y Tierra, Raw Love, Charly’s Vegan Tacos, Laylo and La Hoja Verde.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Tulum?
The price for luggage storage in Tulum is just MX$120.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Tulum?
There are multiple locations all around Tulum which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Tulum Beach, Laguna de Muyil, Sirenis Beach and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Tulum?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Tulum.
Are there storage lockers in Tulum?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Tulum. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Tulum where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Tulum?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Antojitos la Chiapaneca, Rosa Negra Tulum, and Burrito Amor. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Tulum are Aldea Zama 211, Hotel Iker, and Selina los Lirios Tulum.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Tulum?
Tulum offers several scenic parks including Parque Nacional Tulum, Parque Dos aguas, and Yaxmul.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Tulum?
You can find local tourist information at Mexico Kan Tours, Tulum Snorkeling Tours, and All Tour Native.