Store your luggage around Victoria with Bounce
Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, is one of the country’s most beautiful cities, home to a thriving economy and an eclectic culture and arts scene. Sitting on the southern tip of the picturesque Vancouver Island, the city is a gateway to the island, which offers ocean adventures and food and wine tours.
Often regarded as a “garden city,” Victoria has many green spaces and parks where locals and visitors can spend a warm afternoon and be close to nature. A notable urban park worth checking out is Beacon Hill Park, the crowning jewel in the city's park system. Near Victoria, you'll find Butchart Gardens, another incredible area of color. Victoria's surrounding area is also filled with spectacular mountain vistas and dramatic ocean views that will take your breath away, whether you’re a first-time or frequent visitor.
For history enthusiasts and architecture lovers, you’ll marvel at its rich colonial past and British heritage, evidenced in its stunning architecture, museums, gardens, urban squares, and monuments. Its impressive blend of modern cityscape and heritage charm makes it one of the most remarkable destinations you shouldn’t miss in Canada.
At some point during your trip, you’ll need a place to store luggage in Victoria, especially when shopping, dining, or exploring the city. Why not take advantage of Bounce luggage storage service? No matter your bag’s size, you can stow it with our highly rated store partners and see the city sights without hassle.
Luggage storage in Victoria
It’s not fun to have baggage to drag along wherever you go when strolling the city and discovering its attractions and hidden gems. Thanks to reliable storage facilities like Bounce, you have a private luggage storage option and access to a 24/7 customer support team. Our storage lockers are in convenient locations throughout Victoria, BC, so you can pick the most convenient spot for your needs and go about your day without worries. Get the Bounce luggage storage app and book baggage storage with ease!
Victoria city guide
Top things to do
Whether you want something relaxing and educational or exhilarating and heart-pumping, Victoria has got you covered. It welcomes visitors to see diverse marine animals along the coast, tour a century-old heritage building, visit a world-class museum, dine at a fancy restaurant, or shop ‘till you drop. Whatever tickles your fancy, British Columbia’s capital has everything that will allow you to embrace life to the fullest.
Museums in Victoria
Before heading off on a wildlife adventure, be sure to check out Victoria’s cultural attractions. The city is bursting with museums, each offering a unique learning experience and a chance to discover the region and the city’s intriguing past.
- Royal British Columbia Museum: Royal BC Museum is one of Canada’s best cultural treasures situated on the traditional Lekwungen territories. Its collection comprises documents, specimens, and artifacts that record the province’s natural and cultural heritage. There are also 3D displays, family-friendly events, fun activities, and programs. Visitors at the museum are encouraged to limit the size of bags, and non-essentials should be left behind. They also can’t provide a secure storage facility for oversize items — you either must leave them somewhere or have someone monitor a non-secure storage area, if available, at your own risk.
- Craigdarroch Castle: Designated a National Historic Site of Canada, Craigdarroch Castle is a majestic Victorian-era Scottish Baronial mansion in Victoria, BC. This historic house museum provides a Victorian experience to visitors constructed between 1887 and 1890. It is perched on a hill overlooking the city, featuring intricate woodwork, stained glass windows, and gorgeous Victorian-era furnishings. Like the provincial museum, Craigdarroch Castle has no space for storing luggage, strollers, or coats. With Bounce, you’ll have access to secure luggage storage facilities that can check huge items, including scooters and strollers.
- Marine Museum of British Columbia: The Maritime Museum of British Columbia is another fabulous cultural sight not to be missed in Victoria. It is close to downtown Inner Harbour, engaging visitors with the Pacific Northwest’s maritime culture and history through exhibits, research services, educational events, community-based programs, and more.
Museum patrons can learn in even more comfort when suitcases and bags are stowed with a low cost left luggage service like Bounce. Enjoy the wonders of the past and present without the burden of your bags and gear.
Shopping in Victoria
Victoria is a delightful place to look for items to add to your wardrobe or spruce up your home. As you wander around the street in downtown Victoria and beyond, you’ll be in awe of the variety of shopping destinations waiting for you.
- Fort Street: Also known as Antique Row, Fort Street should be your first stop when looking for antiques and interesting gifts. But since the arrival of various international fashion boutiques, bookstores, jewelers, and restaurants, the street was rebranded as “Mosaic Village” due to its newfound identity and diversity. Antique shops and auction houses are still around, offering rare silverware, chinaware, furniture, and toys, but it also has an array of fashion, food, and fitness-based businesses.
- LoJo: Lower Johnson Street, best known as LoJo, is a unique and eclectic shopping area marked with brightly colored Victorian-style buildings on both sides of the street. It features a luxury and boutique shopping experience, whether you’re looking for textiles, clothing, or accessories.
- Market Square: A short walk from the Inner Harbour and Chinatown is another shopping spot called Market Square. It is one of the oldest landmarks in Victoria, making it a favorite destination for locals and a must-visit for visitors. It is home to independent shops offering local jewelry, home décor, shoes, accessories, clothing, fun gifts, and more. There are also numerous restaurants for all tastes and preferences.
Got more items on your shopping list but have a limited space to put your bags? With Bounce luggage storage services, you’ll have a safe place to leave your bags and continue shopping until you’ve got everything you need. We offer affordable luggage storage options to meet your requirements.
Restaurants in Victoria
Whether you want an elegant fine dining experience or enjoy a casual dinner with a view, Victoria offers an array of dining places to satisfy your cravings. It is home to some of the country’s best restaurants with delicious menus and welcoming settings for family dinners, romantic dates, or celebratory meals.
- Little Jumbo: This hidden gem is as unique and interesting as its name. Little Jumbo is a restaurant and bar and has been an excellent addition to the city’s food scene for over nine years. It takes pride in its fresh local cuisine, focusing on contemporary and continental paired with fine wines and cocktails. You can explore the extensive drinks menu or try something new with your delectable dish.
- Pagliacci’s: Opened in 1979, Pagliacci’s is a timeless place with a cheerful ambiance, welcoming every hungry customer. It’s a small foodie hub often visited for its warm and vivacious setting. Its complementary focaccia bread and savory pasta are a common favorite, but there’s always something new to try.
- 10 Acres: If you want something local, quality, and sustainable, check out 10 Acres. You can choose from the Commons or Bistro in the downtown area, but no matter which place you pick, you’re guaranteed to enjoy dishes made from fresh, locally sourced ingredients. If the ingredients don’t come from their organic farm, they are sourced from other farmers or like-minded food suppliers.
Experience the true meaning of freedom when traveling and dining by dropping your bags off at one of the Bounce luggage lockers in Victoria before going to your chosen restaurant or eatery. With multiple luggage storage locations, you won’t have to go far to find a place to store your luggage or personal belongings and indulge in delicious food hands-free.
Find luggage storage Victoria
Planning to travel throughout Canada? Take a look at our guides for Nanaimo, Mississauga, and North York. We offer fantastic luggage storage coverage throughout Canada that you can take advantage of during your adventures. For an affordable price and within walking distance of popular attractions, we've got multiple locations available for an entire day or just a few hours. Local shops, restaurants and store locations are ready to assist.