+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Wellington (NZ)
Freedom to explore for NZ$8.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Your Wellington (NZ) Guides
Luggage storage nearby most
Wellington (NZ) hotspots
Wellington (NZ) Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Wellington (NZ)?" Perhaps you just arrived in Wellington (NZ) and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Westfield Queensgate, North City Shopping Centre, or Whitby Village and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Lyall Bay Beach, Petone Foreshore, or Kiwi Point Quarry and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Wellington (NZ)!
Luggage storage nearby most Wellington (NZ) hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Wellington (NZ) and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Wellington (NZ) start at just NZ$8.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Wellington (NZ) now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Mojo Central, Wellington Botanic Garden, and Parliament Grounds. You can also go for a hike around Tawatawa Reserve, Polhill Reserve, and Hutt River Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Trax Bar & Cafe, The Hudson, and 1841 Bar & Restaurant.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Wellington (NZ) with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Wellington (NZ) without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Wellington With Bounce
Wellington, New Zealand is a place where dreams come true, and memories are made. It's really an exceptional place, after all. The picturesque views and stunning architecture are enough to capture anyone’s attention. Still, when it comes to all the little extra activities that can be explored, Wellington really shines bright. From 19th century wooden cottages to gorgeous mountain hikes full of fresh air, this amazing city has something for everyone. Whether you are visiting for the views, or the city excitement, be sure to drop your bags at one of our Bounce locations. New Zealand has got to be a luggage-free experience!
Luggage Storage in Wellington
Bounce has partnered with businesses around Wellington to provide short-term luggage storage for those visiting this stunning locale. Whether it’s a ride in a cable car for panoramic views of the city or strolling the Wellington waterfront, you’ll want to do it without anything weighing you down. Bounce is here to make that happen. We've got a mission to offer people the chance to explore without baggage burdens. Marvelous activities are there for your enjoyment, so stow your stuff with Bounce and know every bag is secure.
Wellington City Guide
Top Things to Do
Discover exciting sites in Wellington worth checking out. If history is your passion, you’ll have no problem finding fabulous places to check out.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa: Located on Cable Street, this popular museum offers great treasures and stories of New Zealand. Six stories of amazement await. The interactive exhibits and incredible architecture in the building itself will have you wanting to come back again and again.
- Fragrifert Parfumeur, the Victorian Perfumery: A sweet place on Upland Road, this mini-museum is a must for those who love perfume. Not only can you see the exhibits, but you can also purchase a fragrance. In town for a while? Take a perfumery course.
- National War Memorial: The National War Memorial honors the lost from two different eras, in two separate buildings. Men and women who served in various conflicts are remembered at the National War Memorial Carillon, the Hall of Memories, and as well, at a monument called the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior.
When in Wellington, you will no doubt want to do a little shopping. Find that perfect gift or souvenir of your stay.
- Weta Cave: No visit to Wellington would be complete without a stop at Weta Cave, found in front of the renowned Weta Workshop. Movies, like the Lord of the Rings, come alive here. Buy movie-related memorabilia and see famous costumes up close.
- Harbourside Market Wellington: This market next to the Te Papa museum is a shopper's dream come true. It’s Wellington’s oldest and is opened with an array of food trucks, vendor stalls, and much more every Sunday. Pop on over and get a taste of some fresh veggies, cheeses, breads, and even locally sourced fish.
- Wellington Underground Market: A weekend market as well, Wellington Underground Market is another must-do experience. A truly unique showcase of artisan talent, this shopping haven on Jervois Quay is where you’ll buy handmade goods and more.
Sample the delicious fare of Wellington restaurants. The variety is a real draw to locals and visitors alike.
- Logan Brown: Enjoy fine dining at it’s best, along with exquisite decor. Sate your appetite for good food with delicious ravioli, salmon, venison, supple wines, and more.
- The Thistle Inn: For local cuisine, head over to this adorable inn on Mulgrave. A pub with unique food is always a win. Warmly welcoming and cozily decorated, this eatery is a popular spot.
- Little Penang: After an afternoon at the Cuba Mall, discover affordable Malaysian food. Head to Victoria Street for coconut rice, curry dip, and tangy and spicy salad, and more. Whether it’s a feed of noodles or an entire meal, Little Penang is a good choice.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Wellington (NZ)?
The price for luggage storage in Wellington (NZ) is just NZ$8.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Wellington (NZ)?
There are multiple locations all around Wellington (NZ) which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Lyall Bay Beach, Petone Foreshore, Kiwi Point Quarry and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Wellington (NZ)?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Wellington (NZ).
Are there storage lockers in Wellington (NZ)?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Wellington (NZ). Bounce has multiple locations throughout Wellington (NZ) where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Wellington (NZ)?
The most popular restaurants to visit are McDonald's, Enigma Cafe, and Pizza Hut. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Wellington (NZ) are Rydges Wellington Airport, Rydges Wellington, and James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Wellington (NZ)?
Wellington (NZ) offers several scenic parks including Karori Park, Zealandia Eco-Sanctuary, and Johnsonville Children's Memorial Park.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Wellington (NZ)?
You can find local tourist information at Red Rocks Scientific Reserve, Department of Conservation Visitor Centre, and Wellington Visitor Information Centre.