+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Yokohama
Freedom to explore for ¥600/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Yokohama Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 31, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Yokohama?" Perhaps you just arrived in Yokohama and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Yokohama!
Luggage storage nearby most Yokohama hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Yokohama and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Yokohama start at just ¥600 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Yokohama with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Yokohama without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store your Luggage around Yokohama with Bounce
Yokohama (which means “horizontal beach” in Japanese) is the capital city of Japan’s Kanagawa Prefecture and the country’s largest city in terms of population, next to Tokyo, with over three million residents. Situated in Tokyo Bay in the Kanto region, the city is a key commercial hub and a major component of the Greater Tokyo Area (also known as the Tokyo-Yokohama metropolitan area). In the mid-19th century, as Japan’s self-isolation during the Edo Period was nearing its end, Yokohama was among the first areas in the country to welcome foreign trade. This resulted in Yokohama transforming from a tiny fishing village into an important port city in Japan. At present, it remains to be one of the country’s major ports, along with the cities of Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Hakata, Chiba, and Kobe.
Yokohama serves as a major commercial and industrial center for Japan and is popular among expats working in various global companies. In addition, partly due to its proximity to Tokyo, Yokohama has gradually become more and more popular among tourists, both local and foreign. Whether you’re in the city for business, vacation, or a mix of both, make the most out of your time by using Bounce’s temporary storage luggage services.
Luggage Storage in Yokohama
Yokohama is a big, busy city that can overwhelm you. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, you will definitely appreciate the ease and convenience that Bounce can offer. Teaming up with multiple local businesses across the city of Yokohama, Bounce offers temporary luggage storage. Securely store your items for however long you need. Use the Bounce app to look for one of our partners and leave your things there before exploring Yokohama.
Yokohama City Guide
Top Things to Do
Located just a half-hour train ride from Tokyo, Yokohama is the perfect city to explore, especially if you only have a few days. From museums and art galleries to restaurants and shopping districts, here are some of the best that Yokohama has to offer:
- Yokohama Museum of Art: Considered one of the most valuable art centers in the city, the Yokohama Museum of Art houses a vast collection of works from Japanese and international artists, mostly from the late 19th century onwards. The building's stunning exterior, which was designed by Kenzo Tange, features symmetrical patterns and a 65-foot tall high entrance hall. Some of the artists whose works are on display here include Dali, Cezanne, Picasso, and Magritte. The Yokohama Museum of Art also hosts special exhibitions several times a year. (Bag policy: The museum does not allow oversized bags or backpacks inside the facility, and they must be left in the provided lockers. For your peace of mind, head over to a nearby Bounce location and store your things there instead.)
- Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum: Undoubtedly one of the more interesting and unique museums in Japan, the Shinyokohama Ramen Museum is exactly what its name suggests – a space dedicated to the Japanese food ramen. Established in 1994, the ramen-themed museum has a replica of a 1958 old town street in Tokyo that’s lined with ramen shops from different regions in the country. Guests of the museum can also eat actual ramen and try out the different varieties. (Bag policy: Bringing bulky luggage inside the museum is not allowed. Instead, leave your things with Bounce before your visit.)
- Yokohama Port Museum: To get a better understanding of the city’s maritime history, head over to the Yokohama Port Museum. This facility details the past of the Yokohama Port and how it developed over the years. However, the main attraction is the Nippon Maru, a real-life ship built in 1930 and used in the port until its retirement in 1984. You can explore the inside of the ship, see its many sections, and even use the ship simulator. (Bag policy: Large luggage and bags are prohibited inside the ship and the museum. For your convenience, store your things at a Bounce location within the area.)
The shopping options in Yokohama are endless. There are plenty of retail areas that cater to all preferences and budgets – from traditional shopping arcades and discount shops to outlet malls and department stores. Make the most out of your shopping experience by visiting these places:
- Yokohama Station Area: As the busiest station in the city, it’s no surprise that the Yokohama Station area is filled with several businesses, including shopping centers. The space is filled with department stores such as the Sogo Yokohama and the Takashimaya. There are also numerous local vendors and discount shops that sell all kinds of goods.
- Motomachi: The district, which is famous among foreigners, is filled with Western-style architecture and shops. Motomachi’s five-block long street features different fashion boutiques, clothing outlets, furniture stores, accessories and so much more.
- Minato Mirai 21 Area: Although most famous for its tourist attractions, Minato Mirai also has plenty to offer in shopping opportunities. The area is home to great retail spots such as the Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse, Landmark Plaza, MARK IS Minato Mirai and Queen’s Square.
The dining scene in Yokohama is varied; the city is filled with traditional Japanese restaurants and international flavors to cater to its growing foreign population. These are some of the top dining options you’ll find in Yokohama:
- Local food: One of Japan’s biggest draws is its excellent cuisine, and Yokohama has no shortage of excellent Japanese restaurants. Some of the best places in the city to get authentic Japanese favorites are Amimoto Izu (sushi), Yoshimuraya (ramen), Minatoan Yamashita (soba), Yokohama Yakitori Kabou (yakitori), Fukunishi (tempura), Katsuretsu an (tonkatsu), Onder (sukiyaki) and Botejyu (okonomiyaki).
- Chinese cuisine: With the city having the largest Chinatown in Asia, it makes sense that Chinese cuisine is quite popular in Yokohama. The best Chinese restaurants in the area include Manchinro Honten, Saiko Shinkan, Karyu, Heichinrou, Keitokuchin, Bairan and Douhatsu Honkan.
- International flavors: With a large expat population of different nationalities here, it’s no surprise that Yokohama’s best dining spots feature a lot of international cuisine. Some of the city’s best international restaurants are Yamate Jyubankan (French), Ristorante La Tenda Rossa (Italian), Truva Restaurant (Turkish), The Rigoletto Ocean Club (Spanish-Italian) and the classic Hard Rock Café Yokohama (American).
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Yokohama?
The price for luggage storage in Yokohama is just ¥600/bag for the entire day.
Is it safe to store your bags in Yokohama?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Yokohama.
Are there storage lockers in Yokohama?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Yokohama. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Yokohama where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.