+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Zadar
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Zadar Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Zadar?" Perhaps you just arrived in Zadar and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bure Shopping Center, Goldsmith AR, or Plodine and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Marina Kornati, Trajektna Luka Preko, or Marina Dalmacija and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Zadar!
Luggage storage nearby most Zadar hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Zadar and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Zadar start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Zadar now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Petrčane - Caffe bar Mojito, Caffe Bar Amfora, and Cafe Bar Barka. You can also go for a hike around Paklenica National Park, Velika Paklenica, and Vidikovac Paklarić. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Pirate Flamingo bar, Caffe bar Porthos, and Mavra.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Zadar with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Zadar without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Zadar is a city that goes back a long way. The oldest continually inhabited city in Croatia, the area has been home to people since the Stone Age, and the city that now stands here was founded all the way back in the 9th century BC.
Of course, the Illyrian tribe that founded the city would hardly recognize the place today. Due to its coastal location, Zadar was an important port and fishing village for its first settlers, but also a base for piracy. The Illyrians had frequent contact with the Phoenicians, the Greeks, and other Mediterranean powers. And with the rise of the Roman Empire, Zadar became a Roman settlement in 59 BC.
Zadar’s Roman period lasted until the collapse of the Western Empire in 476 AD. After this, it became part of the Eastern Roman Empire, also known as the Byzantine Empire. In 998, however, it fell into the hands of the increasingly powerful Venetian Republic. It then became ruled by Hungary before being sold back to the Venetians.
By the 16th century, the area around Zadar was being conquered by the Ottoman Empire, making the city an important stronghold against this rising power. As a result, Zadar flourished during this period, bolstered by the Renaissance that was sweeping through Italy. The city became an important center of arts and culture.
In 1797, Venice fell, and Zadar became part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Following the First World War, this Empire, too, collapsed. Zadar became a part of Italy until 1947, when it joined Yugoslavia. Finally, this country fractured in the 1990s, and Zadar became part of the new country of Croatia.
All these waves of invasion and conquest have given the city a rich history that shows in its varied architecture. It's this history, along with its gorgeous coastline and splendid weather, that continues to attract tourists today.
Things to do in Zadar
Often rated as one of Europe's top tourist destinations, Zadar is one of the jewels of the Adriatic. Millions of tourists visit Croatia each year, and Zadar is one of the most popular cities in the country with visitors. Take a look at all there is to do in this coastal town, and it's easy to see why.
- Step back in time at the city walls. Rated as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Zadar's walls protected it from the Ottoman Empire and are still largely intact today. The ancient fortifications of the city are a testament to Zadar's importance in the region.
- Hear the music of the ocean at the Sea Organ. This art installation was built in 2005. Large marble steps lead to the water, and when waves break over the steps, they play music through cleverly designed vents in the stone. Don't miss the nearby Greeting to the Sun, a solar-powered lighting display made by the same artist.
- Learn more about the city's long and complicated history at the Archaeological Museum. This museum displays artifacts from Zadar's prehistoric period all the way up to medieval times. It's the best place to get a handle on the changing patterns of occupation the city went through.
- Soak up the atmosphere of the city at the People’s Square. Surrounded by historic buildings, the square is full of sidewalk cafés, bars, and restaurants, and is the place to see or be seen in Zadar. Grab a drink or a bite to eat and watch the world go by in this attractive location.
- Explore the beautiful islands and rocky coves of the coastline with a boat trip from Zadar. Not far outside the city, you'll find what feels like an unspoiled wilderness along the Croatian coast. Charter a boat in the city and head out to explore a wilder side of the Mediterranean.
Transit options in Zadar
- Zadar airport connects the city to the capital, Zagreb, and other cities throughout Europe. Planes fly to Zadar from the UK, Belgium, Germany, France, and other destinations in the summer.
- A shuttle bus connects the airport to the center of the city. It is timed to match up with incoming flights, so the schedule varies according to what flights are coming in. The journey to the city takes around 20 minutes.
- Zadar's main bus and train stations are right next to each other and close to the city's heart. Croatian trains don't enjoy a high reputation, but long-distance bus is a popular way to get around. You can reach Zadar by bus from Zagreb, Pula, Split, and other cities further afield.
Luggage storage in Zadar
The old town of Zadar is still contained by its ancient fortifications, and this is the area where most visitors tend to spend their time. Rich in historical monuments, it’s also a great place to explore with no particular destination in mind. The old streets, quirky stores, and lively bars and cafés will quickly charm you.
Exploring on foot is always easier when you don’t carry heavy bags with you. Bounce can help you find a local business where you can store your bags for as long as you like. Drop off any size of bags they’ll be safe and sound until you return.
Activities and attractions near Zadar
- Paklenica National Park: This park is famous for its rocky karst formations, which make it a popular place for climbers and cavers. But it's also a fantastic place to hike. Hundreds of miles of trails wind through the forests and mountains of this stunning park, and the spectacular gorges of Mala and Velika are some of the most popular places to explore. The park makes a wonderful escape from the city, so drop off any heavy bags at a Zadar luggage storage shop and see it for yourself.
- Borik Beach: Just to the north of the city, this popular beach has won a Blue Flag for the cleanliness of the water. Reliably warm and sunny, it's a perfect place to take a dip or even go snorkeling or scuba diving. You can rent an umbrella and a beach chair from the nearby hotel, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants where you can get some refreshments once you had enough of sun and sand. Make things easier on yourself by leaving your belongings at a luggage storage service in Zadar before heading to the beach.
- Plitvice Lakes National Park: In case Paklenica wasn't stunning enough, Plitvice Lakes National Park is one of the most celebrated natural areas in all of Europe. Ninety minutes north of Zadar, the park is easily reached by regular buses that bring millions of tourists here every year. Venture just a little from most popular trails, though, and you'll feel as though you have this grand wilderness to yourself. The gorgeous lakes, rivers, and waterfalls have made the park famous, and offer the perfect photo opportunity to make everyone back home green with envy.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Zadar?
The price for luggage storage in Zadar is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Zadar?
There are multiple locations all around Zadar which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Marina Kornati, Trajektna Luka Preko, Marina Dalmacija and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Zadar?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Zadar.
Are there storage lockers in Zadar?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Zadar. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Zadar where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Zadar?
The most popular restaurants to visit are McDonald's, Harbor - Cookhouse & Club, and Monster Kebab. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Zadar are Pansion Delfin, Zadar, and Hotel Pinija.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Zadar?
Zadar offers several scenic parks including Perivoj Vladimira Nazora, Perivoj Gospe Od Zdravlja, and Park Vruljica.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Zadar?
You can find local tourist information at Tourist Information Centre Zadar, SPINAKER TOURS d.o.o., and Zara Travel.