Luggage storage near me
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Download the app
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Download
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage in Bern?
The price for luggage storage in Bern starts from just CHF 6.00/bag for the entire day.
Is it safe to store your bags in Bern?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Bern.
Are there storage lockers in Bern?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Bern. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Bern where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Store your luggage around Bern
Luggage storage nearby most Bern hotspotsPosted
Bern Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage in Bern?” Perhaps you just arrived in Bern and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Bern!
Luggage storage nearby most Bern hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Bern and the world.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Bern start at just CHF 6.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
How do I store luggage in Bern with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Bern without your things!
Bern is a city located in Switzerland. While the capital of Switzerland, Bern is only the fifth biggest city in the country, with a population of roughly 140,000. As a result, Bern has managed to retain many of its beautiful historic buildings and quaint scenery. Bern's old town is full of charming landmarks with peaceful riverside views across the Aare. Due to its stunning architecture, Bern's old town has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Bern was first founded in the 12th century by Berchtold V, Duke of Zähringen. Historians are unsure where the name "Bern" originated. Folklore suggests that the city was named after the first animal Berchtold hunted after founding the city, a bear. Others believe the name may originate from the Celtic word for cleft. Some historical evidence supports the first theory, as a bear has been featured on Bern's coat of arms since the 13th century.
Today, Bern is a popular tourist destination, with travelers flocking from around the world to visit Bern's famous museums and historic buildings, while sampling some traditional Swiss-German culture.
Things to do in Bern
Bern is the perfect city for tourists with dozens of intriguing attractions, chic boutiques, and eateries serving some classic cuisine. As a result, you won't be short of things to do if you have a couple of hours to kill in the city. Once you arrive in Bern, check out some of these popular local excursions.
- Hike to the top of the Gurten. Gurten Mountain towers over Bern at around 2,800 feet, affording breathtaking views of the city. You can even try your hand at skiing and enjoy a cup of traditional mulled wine to warm you up.
- Keep up to date with the latest Swiss styles at one of Bern's many shopping centers and arcades. There are several dotted around the city, including the popular Wankdorf Center.
- Sample Swiss cuisine at one of Bern's many trendy restaurants. Some of the best options in the city include Wein & Sein mit Haerzbluet, Ristorante Ottimo, and Mille Sens.
- Spot some exotic critters at Tierpark Dählhölzli. This zoo is home to over 3,000 animals, such as brown bears, otters, and Carpathian lynx.
- Test your artistic temperament at the Museum of Fine Art Bern. The Museum of Fine Art is the oldest museum in Bern, and is home to over 1,400 pieces of art, with paintings by the likes of Pablo Picasso and Meret Oppenheim.
Transit options in Bern
- Local bus service (SVB)
- Local tram service (Bernmobil)
- National train services from Bern Train Station
Luggage storage in Bern
Despite being a compact capital city, you'll undoubtedly find it tiresome to drag your heavy suitcases around Bern. Luckily, you'll find many luggage storage services in Bern where you can stash your belongings before taking a stroll around the city. Bounce has facilities at local businesses, which are easy to locate on the Bounce app. Book a service near you online, and get ready to explore Bern without being weighed down by your bags.
Attractions and activities in Bern
- Bern Minster - Bern Minster is one of Bern's top sights and for good reason. Construction of Bern Minster began in the late 15th century and took over 150 years. This vast Gothic cathedral is the largest in Switzerland, at over 300 feet tall. Inside the cathedral, visitors can climb the 312 steps up to the spire's observation deck, which affords sweeping panoramic views of Bern.
Bern Minster is packed with awe-inspiring stained glass windows, frescos, and carvings. One of the highlights of the cathedral is the main altar. The altar was crafted by Erhart Küng, and depicts the Last Judgement. This highly elaborate piece of craftsmanship boasts nearly 300 individual sculptures. You won't want to lug around a bag while admiring this incredible building, so stop by a Bern luggage storage service before taking a tour.
- Einsteinhaus - See how one of the brightest minds of the 21st century lived at the Einsteinhaus. The Einsteinhaus is the former residence of Albert Einstein, who lived in a second-story apartment in Bern from 1903 to 1905. This period is notable as it was in this apartment that Einstein first penned to his thoughts of the theory of relativity. The apartment has been renovated to look as it did when Einstein lived there, from the decor to the photos on the wall. After taking a look around Einstein's home, head up to the third-floor exhibition, which contains artifacts belonging to Einstein, and informational plaques about his life. Large bags are prohibited inside Einsteinhaus, so ensure you swing by a Bern luggage storage service first.
- Zytglogge - Located at the center of Bern's scenic old town, Zytglogge is one of the city's most recognizable monuments. Zytglogge is a 13th-century clock tower, with classic Baroque and Gothic features. Throughout history, the tower has been used for many different things, including as a prison. The tower's best feature is the astronomical clock, which contains tiny figurines that pop out and dance around whenever it chimes on the hour.
Visitors are also welcome to step inside the clock tower and take a guided tour. This tour will take you to see the clock's intricate mechanisms and teach you the history of this medieval tower. At the end of the tour, you can climb the 130 steps to the top of Zytglogge and enjoy vistas of the old town's rooftops.