How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in Bern
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Grindelwald?
The price for luggage storage near Grindelwald starts from just CHF 6.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Grindelwald?
There are multiple locations in the Grindelwald area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Bahnhof Lauterbrunnen, Bahnhof Interlaken West, and Bahnhof Wilderswil and all over Bern.
Is it safe to store your bags near Grindelwald?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Grindelwald.
Are there storage lockers near Grindelwald?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Grindelwald area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Grindelwald and in the broader Bern area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Grindelwald?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Grindelwald are Bahnhof Wengen, Derby Hotel, and Bodmi. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Grindelwald are Berghaus Bort, Berghaus Grindelwaldblick, and Youth Hostel Grindelwald.
Where are the best restaurants near Grindelwald?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Grindelwald are Berghaus Alpiglen, Restaurant Golden India, and Da Salvi.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Grindelwald?
Check out the nearby Spielplatz Dorfstrasse and The Cow.
Store your luggage around Grindelwald
Luggage storage nearby most Grindelwald hotspotsPosted
Grindelwald Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Grindelwald?” Perhaps you just arrived in Bern and need a place to store your bags near Grindelwald before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Oberland Shopping, Swatch Interlaken Höheweg 35, or Orange Adventures Hq and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Grindelwald area at Giessbachfall, Trümmelbachfälle, or Beatushöhlen and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Grindelwald!
Luggage storage nearby Grindelwald with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Bern with multiple locations near Grindelwald.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Grindelwald area start at just CHF 6.00 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Grindelwald area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Fafleralp, Mani's Coffee & Wine Bar, and Kaffeemühle. You can also go for a hike around Aareschlucht, Naturpark Blausee, and Bergrestaurant Schwand. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Genepi Hütte Oberjoch, Adi's Ski Bar, and Skibar Läger.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Grindelwald area?
✅Multiple locations near Grindelwald✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Grindelwald with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Grindelwald really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Grindelwald and Bern without your things!
To describe Grindelwald as a picturesque, almost fairy-tale-like village in the mountains of the Swiss Alps, would be to do it a disservice. But the mountainous terrain might make getting around somewhat difficult if you are hampered by luggage. Fortunately, Bounce has partnered with trusted local businesses so that you are easily able to store your luggage and enjoy your visit whilst carrying just the essentials.
Situated opposite the infamous North Face of the Eiger, this village has attracted daring climbers for decades. It was first conquered in 1938, but it still poses one of the most extreme challenges any climber might face.
Here, beauty is so prevalent that it should come as no surprise to hear that this location was used in several films, including Star Wars and various James Bond movies. In the winter months, when the slopes are covered in snow, skiing is the major drawcard. In the summer months, cable cars provide easy access to keen hikers and mountain bikers.
If you are a less active tourist, don’t be put off by the vast array of outdoor activities. There is plenty here to keep you enthralled as well.
Things to do in Grindelwald
Grindelwald is well-known as an outdoor playground. But when it’s time to relax after a strenuous day in the mountains, there’s plenty in the town itself to help you recharge and rejuvenate. Drop off your bags at a luggage storage service and enjoy everything the town has to offer.
- If you're into hiking, then you may already have heard of the Eiger Trail. The 6 km trail has been walked by climbers since the 1930s when the famous North Face became such an obsession. To get there, ride the Jungfrau to Eigergletscher. From there it can get serious, but the trail is roped in the more extreme regions. You should definitely take a pair of binoculars with you so that you can get a closer look at the climbers dangling from that infamous rockface above you.
- For a breath-taking adventure that is not quite as physically demanding, take a train ride to the Jungfraujoch saddle. At a height of 3454 m this is the highest train journey in the world and the views are spectacular. Along the way, this world-famous train journey will allow you glimpses into the Aletsch glacier. Round off this adventure with a journey into the Ice Palace.
- A great place to learn something about the world around you is on offer at the Grindelwald Museum. Here there are exhibits that expose the life of mountain guides and rescue teams, as well as some of the technology used to build that famously high railway line. You will also be taken back in time, with exhibits detailing some of the ancient farming techniques that have been used for centuries in this Alpine region.
- If you have a taste for speed, but perhaps not the skills for Alpine skiing, then sledging might be just the thing for you. You're within easy striking distance of the longest toboggan ride in Europe and there are plenty of places where you're able to rent helmets and goggles.
- If you have been tempted by some of the many physical activities that this Alpine region has on offer, you may be starting to feel a few aches and pains at this stage of the game. The good news is that many of the hotels have spas attached, and most of them allow entry to non-residents if you phone ahead. Enjoy a relaxing Jacuzzi, steam massage, or breath-taking ice bath and all the aches and pains will soon be just a distant memory.
Getting around Grindelwald
- The Grindelwald bus service will get you to many of the favorite destinations, including the ski lifts during the winter months.
- From the Grindelwald Gare, you will be able to hop trains to more distant destinations and find info on the famously high Jungfraujoch journey.
- Taxis can be found at the airport, the station, and most major hotels.
- There is an array of cable car options that can be used for getting to higher regions or simply as sight-seeing platforms.
Luggage storage in Grindelwald
To be honest, this rugged countryside and the requirement to use public transport do not really lend themselves to hauling heavy bags with you. Fortunately, this is where Bounce has you covered. They have partnered with selected local businesses and this enables you to store your bags conveniently and with complete peace of mind. Store what you don't need immediately, and travel light to make the most of this memorable stay.
Activities near Grindelwald
- The Grindelwald cross country ski trail offers a great way to explore the countryside, taking in views of the Wetterhorn and the Eiger, without having to become a competent downhill skier. You can rent cross-country ski equipment at most of the local sports shops, and then hop on a local bus that will take you to the start of the trail. The trail is just seven km long and offers a great skiing experience without the learning curve required for those downhill pistes.
- Gletscherschlucht is a ravine carved deep into the rocks by a retreating glacier. It is just a ten-minute train ride from the Grindelwald station, and once there, secure walkways offer you the opportunity to walk a kilometer into this ravine which offers breath-taking views. Don't forget to look up where you will usually see climbers fighting their way up the slippery rock faces.
- Pfingstegg can be reached by cable car and the journey offers stunning views best appreciated during the summer months. Once there, one of the main attractions is the tin can toboggan ride which is 736 m long and drops 60 m. It makes an ideal place to enjoy a picnic, although you could sit down in a restaurant if you prefer. Take the cable car back again or hike back, which will take just over ninety minutes.