How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Brussels Midi Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 9, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Brussels Midi?" Perhaps you just arrived in Brussels and need a place to store your bags near Brussels Midi before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at The Leaf, L'Esplanade, or Vlindersite and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Park Van Tervuren (Park van Tervuren), Chirojongens Weit, or Donkmeer .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Brussels Midi!
Luggage storage nearby Brussels Midi with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Brussels with multiple locations near Brussels Midi.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Brussels Midi area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Brussels Midi area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are De Gouden Leeuw, Taverne Frituur De Boerenschuur, and Le Cercle. You can also go for a hike around Hallerbos, Dijk Tielrode, and Chartreuzenbos. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Delirium Village, BrewDog Brussels, and O'Reilly's Irish Pub.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Brussels Midi area?
✅Multiple locations near Brussels Midi✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Brussels Midi with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Brussels Midi really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Brussels Midi and Brussels without your things!
About Brussels Midi
With 22 platforms, Brussels Midi is the largest station in Belgium and one of the major stations of Europe. The Eurostar to London calls here, as does the Thalys train to Paris and several high-speed trains to Frankfurt, Cologne, and Berlin. As a result, Brussels Midi is a crucial link in train travel across Europe.
The name Brussels Midi is French, one of Belgium’s official languages. It comes from the fact that the station was very popular in the 19th century with travelers heading to the south of France, also known as the Midi. The station is also sometimes called Brussel Zuid in Flemish, or Brussels South in English.
There has been a train station on the site since 1839. However, the current station only dates back to 1949. Constructed in the postwar Functionalist style, the station was expanded in 1990 to accommodate the Eurostar trains that pass through the Channel Tunnel to reach London. Because of the different immigration requirements, platforms 1 and 2 where the Eurostar stops have border control agents to check passports, whereas other platforms don't.
As the station's Flemish name implies, Brussels Midi is to the south of the center of Brussels. It's an approximately 20-minute walk to the Grand Place from the station, meaning it's possible to start exploring Brussels from the moment you arrive.
Things to do near Brussels Midi
Brussels Midi station isn't quite in the heart of the city. However, it's near enough that it's easy to explore Brussels from the station. Whether you walk into the heart of town or take advantage of the excellent transportation links, you'll soon find yourself immersed in the culture of this European capital.
- Drink in Belgian culture — literally — at l'Ermitage Nanobrewery. This brewery and taproom is close to the station and offers a selection of microbrew beers made right on site. Belgium's beer culture is famous throughout the world, and this is a great introduction to this facet of Belgian life.
- Venture underneath the city at the Sewer Museum. This quirky museum explores some of Belgium's hundreds of miles of sewer tunnels and offers a unique perspective on the history of the city. Strange as it may sound, the tours here are very informative as well as entertaining.
- Visit the 14th-century Halle Gate. This fortified gate was once one of the main entrances to Brussels. It's forbidding battlements now house a museum that explains the role of the gate in the history of the city.
- Shop like a local at the Abattoir. You'll find more than just meat at this covered market. Clothes, shoes, herbs, cheese, olive oil, and other items can all be bought here, making for some unique souvenirs or gifts for the people back home.
- Get those all-important selfies at Belgium's most famous landmark, the Manneken Pis. This statue of a young boy urinating has become an icon of the city and the Belgian sense of humor. Sometimes, the statue is dressed up for special events.
Transit options at Brussels Midi
- The station is attached to a Metro station called Gare du Midi. The station is served by Line 2 of the Brussels subway.
- A bus station outside Brussels Midi allows you to catch long-distance buses to other European cities such as Paris, Amsterdam, and London.
- A shuttle service to Brussels Charleroi airport leaves from outside Brussels Midi station.
- Tramline 81 also stops just north of the station.
Luggage storage near Brussels Midi
No matter what time of year you visit, Brussels Midi is an extraordinarily busy place. The station receives millions of visitors each year, so the moment you step off a train, you'll find yourself in a crowd.
Make your trip easier on yourself by finding luggage storage near Brussels Midi station and dropping off your bags. Bounce provides convenient luggage storage around the world, so you can be sure you'll find a secure location near you.
Activities and attractions near Brussels Midi
- The Grand Place: Brussels' central square, the Grand Place is surrounded by ornate guildhalls and Brussels City Hall. The site is a UNESCO World Heritage destination and is considered one of the most beautiful squares in Europe. There's always something going on at the Grand Place, so grab a table at one of the many sidewalk cafés and enjoy the spectacle. Due to the near-constant crowds in this area, it's a good idea to drop off any large bags you may be carrying before you visit.
- Royal Palace: The palace is no longer the home of the Belgian royal family, but it still serves them as an office and administrative headquarters. In the summer, it's possible to visit certain rooms of the palace and see the opulent style in which Belgium's monarchs lived for many years. Understandably, security is tight at this location, so make sure you don't bring any heavy bags, as they will not be allowed inside.
- Mini Europe Park: Explore some of Europe's most famous monuments without leaving Brussels at the Mini Europe Park. This unique attraction has 1:25 scale replicas of some of the most famous buildings on the continent, including the Berlin Wall, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and the Eiffel Tower. It's especially popular with kids, who will feel like giants as they tower above the famous buildings.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Brussels Midi
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Brussels Midi?
The price for luggage storage near Brussels Midi is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Brussels Midi?
There are multiple locations in the Brussels Midi area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Brussels Airport (BRU), Station Londerzeel, and Leuven Railway Station (Station Leuven) and all over Brussels.
Is it safe to store your bags near Brussels Midi?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Brussels Midi.
Are there storage lockers near Brussels Midi?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Brussels Midi area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Brussels Midi and in the broader Brussels area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Brussels Midi?
Popular metro stations like Zuidstation (Zuidstation (MIVB | De Lijn | TEC)), Kunst-Wet (Kunst-Wet (MIVB)), or Centraal Station (Centraal Station (MIVB)) can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Brussels near Brussels Midi, you may be close to some bus stations: International Bus Station, Gerij / Charroi (Gerij (MIVB)), or Colonel Bourg / Kolonel Bourg (Kolonel Bourg (MIVB)). If traveling by train, Brussels-South Railway Station (ZYR) (Station Brussel-Zuid), Station Sint-Martens-Bodegem, and Station Dilbeek are nearest to Brussels Midi.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Brussels Midi?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Brussels Midi are Hilton Brussels Grand Place, The Hotel Brussels, and Aspria Brussels Royal La Rasante. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Brussels Midi are Sleep Well Youth Hostel, Bruegel Youth Hostel, and Auberge de Jeunesse Génération Europe.
Where are the best restaurants near Brussels Midi?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Brussels Midi are Bruparck, Frituur De Vijfhoek, and BOZAR - Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR - Paleis voor Schone Kunsten).
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Brussels Midi?
Check out the nearby Parc Jourdainpark (Jourdainpark), Jubelpark / Parc du Cinquantenaire (Jubelpark), and Warandepark / Parc de Bruxelles (Warandepark).