+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage George Town
Freedom to explore for MYR 20.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
George Town hotspots
George Town Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in George Town?" Perhaps you just arrived in George Town and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Queensbay Mall, Sunway Carnival Mall, or Amanjaya Mall and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Homestay Kampung Agung, Esplanade 舊關仔角, or Penang Botanic Gardens (Penang Botanic Gardens 植物園) and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in George Town!
Luggage storage nearby most George Town hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in George Town and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in George Town start at just MYR 20.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in George Town now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Starbucks, and Kedai Kopi Lok Khoon 樂群茶室. You can also go for a hike around The Habitat Penang Hill, Penang National Park, and Air Hitam Dalam Educational / Recreational Forest. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Nagore Square, Attic 23 Rooftop Bar, and Tree Bar.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in George Town with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy George Town without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around George Town With Bounce
Filled with old, majestic architecture, George Town is the capital of Penang, Malaysia. Cultures have collided here for centuries creating an eclectic culture centered on Asian history with a western influence. George Town offers locals and visitors a pleasant experience, including the latest and greatest fashions and high-tech gadgets, flavorful cuisine, and jaw-dropping attractions. Marvel at the newer skyscrapers that have a distinctive Western feel. Get yourself lost in the city while discovering the uniqueness that makes people want to come back time after time.
Stroll through the streets and interact with the lively locals, many very welcoming of visitors. Sit down to a traditional Southeast Asian smorgasbord of delectable dishes. Some may seem a bit strange to Westerners, but good none the less. Head over to the shopping plazas or visit some of the quaint shops down narrow alleyways for fantastic bargains. Tour ancient temples, modern art galleries, and interesting museums while in George Town. Bring your sense of adventure when you hit the narrow streets of George Town, but don’t bring your luggage or large tote bags with you when exploring. Narrow streets and large crowds make it difficult to maneuver, especially with large bags. Use the Bounce app and find a location to drop your belonging for safekeeping while you explore the city.
Luggage Storage in George Town
Bounce offers short-term luggage storage by partnering with many businesses around the world. George Town has several Bounce locations throughout its different neighborhoods. Put your bags in good hands while you head out into the busy streets and start your Malaysian adventure. Bounce isn’t just for tourists, locals have found it useful to have short-term storage throughout the city while shopping and visiting with friends.
George Town City Guide
Top Things to Do
When visiting Malaysia, head to the island of Penang and stay in George Town for a few days. You will be surrounded by ancient Asian customs and new Western cultures all melting together into one of the most diverse and unique cultures in Malaysia. Your senses will be on overload as you stroll along narrow streets and explore hidden alleys. Once you arrive, the hardest thing will be trying to decide what to see first! Check out some of Bounce’s suggestions for must-see places in George Town.
Sometimes the best way to immerse yourself in a culture is to get out amongst the people and feel it surround you. George Town is one such place where you can visit all the museums and art centers in the city and still not fully understand the traditions and customs of its people. Spend time visiting museums, but also get out and visit with the friendly locals to learn more about these diverse individuals and the city they call home.
- Cheong Fatt Tze – The Blue Mansion: Probably the most photographed place in George Town is the fantastic mansion built in the 1880s. Complete with 220 windows and 38 rooms, this mansion has been converted into a stylish hotel filled with antiques from Malaysia’s past. And yes, the exterior of the mansion has a blue tint making its nickname all the more fitting. Sign up for a guided tour and learn about the history of Cheong Fatt Tze and the Blue Mansion.
- Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi: This elaborate clanhouse is a true marvel with its colorful ceramic mosaics, gilded beams, and breathtaking lanterns. Hand-carved dragons and mythical beings can be found resting on the ceiling beams and standing guard on the rooftop. The current Khoo Kongsi was rebuilt in 1906 after the original clanhouse was destroyed in a fire.
- Pinang Peranakan Mansion: Once the private residence of Chung Keng Quee, a 19th-century business tycoon, the Pinang Peranakan Mansion has been converted into a museum with a definite green tint to the exterior giving it a jeweled appearance. Complete with Chung Keng Quee’s personal effects, the museum gives you a glimpse into the life of one of the wealthiest men in George Town’s history.
Malaysia has some of the most fantastic fashions and textiles in the world. Being able to spend time in the shopping malls and boutiques of George Town is any fashionistas dream. Take a morning, or a few mornings and hit the malls, boutiques, and street markets of George Town.
- Gurney Paragon Mall: This shopping mall is part of a bigger complex complete with office buildings and residences. The mall opened in 2013 and is nine levels of pure shopping bliss. Browse through the shops looking at the latest fashions or search out that perfect souvenir or gift. Once you tire of shopping, stop at one of the cafés or restaurants for a flavorful meal to revive you for more shopping.
- Gurney Plaza: Across the street from the Gurney Paragon Mall, Gurney Plaza is a shopping center that has everything you need all in one convenient location. Relaxing customer lounges are perfect when you need to sit down and take a break before hitting more shops. Grab refreshments at the food court or sit down for a meal at one of the restaurants.
- Penang Times Square: This shopping center is located on Dato Keramat Road directly in the center of George Town and offers a unique shopping experience. Stroll through the center and then step outside to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine while relaxing in the plaza.
When in a different country, it is best to immerse yourself in the culture for the full experience, including the local cuisine. Even if you are not a fan of Asian fare, you may be pleasantly surprised by some of the tasty dishes offered at restaurants found throughout George Town.
- Local Cuisine: The local fare is mainly based on fresh seafood, and the flavorful dishes that are created will influence your opinion of Asian cuisine. Check out Cheang Kee, a local restaurant dedicated to serving traditional Malaysian dishes. Give the seafood hot pot or the slow-braised pork a try.
- Indian Fare: Search out the spiciness of authentic Indian cuisine by visiting Malaya, where the flavors explode on your palate, leaving you craving more. The curry dishes offered are fantastic, as are the Indian pizzas and pasta.
- Steakhouse: Sometimes, even when you are halfway around the world, you crave a good steak; at least if you are a Westerner, you probably do. Steak Frites is a steakhouse in George Town offering fantastic steaks and all the traditional trimmings.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in George Town?
The price for luggage storage in George Town is just MYR 20.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in George Town?
There are multiple locations all around George Town which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Homestay Kampung Agung, Esplanade 舊關仔角, Penang Botanic Gardens (Penang Botanic Gardens 植物園) and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in George Town?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in George Town.
Are there storage lockers in George Town?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in George Town. Bounce has multiple locations throughout George Town where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in George Town?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Batu Lanchang Market Food Complex, Haidilao Hot Pot (海底捞 Haidilao Hot Pot), and Siang Pin Seafood Restaurant. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within George Town are Mansion One Resort Residence, G Hotel, and Hard Rock Hotel Penang.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in George Town?
George Town offers several scenic parks including Karpal Singh Drive (Persiaran Karpal Singh), Harbour Place Central Park, and Dog Park.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in George Town?
You can find local tourist information at Fort Cornwallis, Penang State Gallery, and Tanjung City Marina.