+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Ghent
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Ghent Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Ghent?" Perhaps you just arrived in Ghent and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Ghent!
Luggage storage nearby most Ghent hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Ghent and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Ghent start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Ghent with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Ghent without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Ghent lies at the confluence of the Rivers Scheldt and Leie. This riverside location has been a key factor in the history of the city. And it's a fascinating history. There was a time when Ghent was one of the largest and wealthiest cities in all of Europe.
The town originally grew up around two abbeys founded in the 7th century. However, the importance of river transport in the medieval period saw Ghent bloom as a center of trade. By the 11th century, it became an independent city-state. By the 13th century, it rivaled Paris in size. And some of the city's most iconic buildings date back to this period of wealth.
Trade in textiles was a huge part of Ghent's prosperity. That, and the river passage to the North Sea, fueled the town's economic growth for centuries. But the good times couldn't last forever. During the Belgian Revolution, when the country fought for its independence from the Netherlands, Ghent lost its access to the sea. The economy collapsed. While unfortunate for those who had to live through it, the end result is a town that remains astonishingly well preserved. Nowadays, the medieval heart of Ghent brings millions of tourists every year to this Belgian city.
Things to do in Ghent
A big part of Ghent's charm is the ancient buildings in the old town. But there's more to this vibrant city than just its history. You'll also find great shopping, restaurants, and everything you need to enjoy a fun vacation.
- Admire the military technology of a bygone age at Gravensteen Castle. This imposing fortification was built in 1180 and was the home of the counts of Flanders. Over the course of its long history, it has also been a prison, a currency mint, and even a wool factory.
- See the spiritual heart of Ghent at Saint Bavo’s Cathedral. This Gothic church with its tall tower dates back to the 14th century and is best known as the home of the Ghent altarpiece, one of the outstanding works of Belgian art.
- Take in a stunning view at the Ghent bell tower. The tallest belfry in the country, this tower is one of the three medieval towers that form the skyline of the city of Ghent. It's well worth the climb up this nearly 300-foot tall tower to look over the city and the countryside surrounding it.
- Soak up the atmosphere in the neighborhood of Graslei. This canal-side neighborhood is one of Ghent's most popular, and is full of charming bars and restaurants that make the perfect place to grab a meal or a Belgian beer and admire the old buildings reflected in the rippling water.
- Appreciate the diversity of Flemish art at the Fine Arts Museum. This museum contains paintings by Bosch, van Dyck, and Rubens, among other world-famous artists. The full history of Flemish art is represented in this stunning collection.
Transit options in Ghent
- Most travelers reach Ghent by way of Brussels and its large international airport. Brussels Zaventem has a direct rail connection to Ghent, and the journey takes around 45 minutes. Charleroi airport is around 70 minutes away via a direct bus connection that makes the journey nine times a day.
- Ghent's main train station is right in the heart of the city. It can be reached by high-speed train from Brussels, Bruges, Antwerp, or Lille. This region of Europe has excellent rail connections, making it easy to reach Gent from many cities in the area.
- Tram line 1 from Ghent railway station will bring you to the city center in ten minutes. Ghent's network of trams and buses is excellent, and it's easy to reach any point in the city by public transport.
Luggage storage in Ghent
The medieval heart of Ghent is quite small, and that makes it a great destination for walking. The pedestrianized streets are a wonderful place to explore on foot while you take in the atmosphere of this ancient town.
To make things easier, drop off your heavy bags at a Bounce luggage storage service in Ghent. Your back will thank you as you explore in comfort, and your bags will be waiting safely for you whenever you're ready to pick them up.
Activities and attractions near Ghent
- Bruges: Ghent isn't the only well-preserved medieval town in the region. The city of Bruges lies a short train ride to the West of Ghent, and is also well worth exploring. The quiet canals and ancient Guildhalls make Bruges one of Europe's most popular tourist destinations, and you can easily lose yourself in the bars and restaurants of the old town for a day or longer. Make the journey easier on yourself by dropping your bags at a luggage storage in Ghent before you head to Bruges.
- Brussels: The capital of Belgium, Brussels, is also easy to reach from Ghent. This truly international city is famous for its chocolate, its waffles, and of course, its beer. It's also the home of the country's Royal Palace and parliament, and several important institutions of the European Union. Brussels is a city where old meets new, and there's always something going on in the Belgian capital.
- Tournai: The city of Tournai, with its well-preserved 12th-century cathedral, is a fascinating place to explore. Approximately an hour and a half from Ghent, the city is just as beautiful as Ghent, but since it lies in the province of Wallonia, it has a different vibe from the Flemish town of Ghent. Check out its lively Grand Place or take a stroll along the many canals and experience a different side of Belgian culture.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Ghent?
The price for luggage storage in Ghent is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Is it safe to store your bags in Ghent?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Ghent.
Are there storage lockers in Ghent?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Ghent. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Ghent where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.