Hamburg Airport (HAM)
Instantly reserve the best locations near Hamburg Airport to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Hamburg Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 20, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Hamburg Airport?" Perhaps you just arrived in Hamburg and need a place to store your bags near Hamburg Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ankes Trachtengalerie, Bijou Brigitte Wandelhalle Hbf Hamburg, or City-Center Bergedorf and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Hogendiekbrücke, Binnenalster, or Wandsbeker Marktplatz .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Hamburg Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Hamburg Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Hamburg with multiple locations near Hamburg Airport.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Hamburg Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Hamburg Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Elbphilharmonie Plaza, Tierpark Hagenbeck, and Hansebäcker Junge. You can also go for a hike around Niendorfer Gehege, Alsterwanderweg, and Teichwiesen Volksdorf. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Dancing Towers (Tanzende Türme), Fricke 46, and Veuve Clicquot.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Hamburg Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Hamburg Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Hamburg Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Hamburg Airport really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Hamburg Airport and Hamburg without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Hamburg!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Hamburg!View City
About Hamburg Airport
Hamburg is the oldest still-operating airport in the world. Germany was a leader in aviation at the beginning of the 20th century, and Hamburg airport was opened all the way back in 1911. Back then, it was mostly used for airships, a since-outmoded technology that Germany led the world in.
The airship hangar at Hamburg was used extensively during the First World War, but was destroyed when a fire broke out in 1916. Afterward, the airport pivoted to use fixed-wing aircraft.
Hamburg got its name during the British occupation of this part of Germany that followed the Second World War. The airport was an important part of the Berlin airlift in 1948, when Allied forces used air transport to get much-needed supplies to Berlin through a Soviet blockade.
Hamburg was once the hub of German national carrier Lufthansa, but the company moved to Frankfurt when Hamburg was unable to expand to meet the growing needs of the airline. Frankfurt is now one of the world's busiest airports, so it's a glimpse of what Hamburg could have been. Still, while not as big as Frankfurt, Hamburg airport is still doing very well for itself. With over 17 million passengers a year using the airport, Hamburg is thriving.
Things to do near Hamburg Airport
Hamburg has always been a major port. And the busy airport continues that tradition. Just to the north of the city, the airport isn't far from some worthwhile attractions and activities. In fact, you don't even need to leave the airport to start sightseeing.
- Explore the intricacies of air travel at the Airport World of Experience. This miniaturized version of the airport features model planes that take off and land and ever-changing lights that simulate day and night. You can also take a tour of the apron and get a glimpse behind the scenes of this busy international airport.
- Get some fresh air at Gartenpark Hasenheide. Although just outside the airport, this garden park feels a world away. With its woodlands and streams, it’s a perfect place to stretch your legs between flights and reconnect with nature.
- Meet a variety of exotic animals at Hagenbeck Zoo. Halfway between the city and the airport, Hamburg's zoo is home to tigers, lions, bears, snow leopards, and dozens of other species. There's also a petting zoo where you can interact with some of the friendlier creatures.
- Explore one of Hamburg's favorite green spaces at the Stadtpark. Located on the north side of the city, this park has functioned as the lungs of Hamburg for a century. Its open-air stage hosts many of the city's most popular events, and the sunbathing lawn is the place to see and be seen in Hamburg.
- Dive into the seedy side of this port city at the Reeperbahn. This legendary neighborhood was once Hamburg's red-light district, and although it has been cleaned up since then, it remains the city's top nightlife and entertainment district.
Transit options in Hamburg Airport
- Hamburg flies directly to many destinations throughout Europe and around the world. Italy, France, the UK, Spain, Poland, and many other European countries are easily reached from Hamburg airport. There are also some intercontinental flights direct to Hamburg airport.
- Hamburg airport is connected to the city by the S-Bahn line S1. This light rail service travels to the city center from the airport every 20 minutes or so.
- Hamburg’s extensive bus routes converge at the Rathaus, or City Hall. There is also a well-developed metro system that can take you just about anywhere in the city.
Luggage storage in Hamburg Airport
Hamburg airport is an exceptionally busy place. And while you can start enjoying your trip even before you leave the airport itself, you'll have a lot more fun if you get rid of any bulky bags you don't need. Spare your back and make your trip easier by dropping off your suitcases at a Bounce luggage storage locker near Hamburg Airport. No matter how many bags you have or how big they are, Bounce can help you find a place to keep them safe while you're enjoying yourself.
Activities and attractions near Hamburg Airport
- Rathaus: Take a guided tour of Hamburg's Rathaus, or city hall. Besides the opportunity to make jokes about the similarities between politicians and rodents, the City Hall offers you the opportunity to tour the beautiful 19th-century building and learn more about the history of local government. Hamburg is proud of its heritage as an independent city, and for much of its history, Hamburg was virtually a nation of its own. A guided tour will explain more about this proud past. Note that large bags are not permitted inside City Hall, so be sure to leave yours at a luggage storage shop near Hamburg Airport.
- St Pauli district: Home of the notorious Reeperbahn, this central district also contains many of the city's best restaurants, bars, and shops. Fans of the Fab Four shouldn't miss a visit to Beatlesplatz, named after the English band that honed their craft in this city. You can also enjoy a walk along the port that has brought the city so much wealth through the years. Drop off your bags at a luggage storage service in Hamburg airport so you can explore this vibrant neighborhood to the fullest.
- Hamburg Elbphilharmonie: Immerse yourself in culture at the Hamburg Elbphilharmonie. This striking modern building was constructed on top of an old warehouse in the port district and is home to Hamburg's well-regarded Symphony Orchestra. The building is worth seeing just for its sleek modern architecture, but the best way to experience it is by getting tickets to a show and enjoying some of the best musical talent in the world at this iconic venue. Large bags are not permitted, so don't forget to leave yours at a luggage storage shop near Hamburg airport before you visit.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Hamburg Airport
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Hamburg Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Hamburg Airport is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Hamburg Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Hamburg Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Bahnhof Ahrensburg, AKN Kaltenkirchen Süd, and S Horneburg and all over Hamburg.
Is it safe to store your bags near Hamburg Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Hamburg Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Hamburg Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Hamburg Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Hamburg Airport and in the broader Hamburg area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Hamburg Airport?
Popular metro stations like U Osterstraße can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Hamburg near Hamburg Airport, you may be close to some bus stations: ZOB Altona, Zob Bus-Port Hamburg, or ZOB Niendorf Markt. If traveling by train, Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, Bahnhof Hamburg-Altona, and S Hamburg Airport (S Hamburg Airport (Flughafen)) are nearest to Hamburg Airport.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Hamburg Airport?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Hamburg Airport are Scandic Hamburg Emporio, Park Hyatt Hamburg, and THE FONTENAY Hamburg. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Hamburg Airport are Generator Hostel Hamburg, A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, and Cab20.
Where are the best restaurants near Hamburg Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Hamburg Airport are KFC, ALEX im Alsterpavillon, and Köz Urfa.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Hamburg Airport?
Check out the nearby Planten un Blomen, Stadtpark, and Otto-von-Bahren-Park.