Luggage Storage Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
Instantly reserve the best locations near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Hamburg Hauptbahnhof Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 23, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?" Perhaps you just arrived in Hamburg and need a place to store your bags near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ankes Trachtengalerie, Bijou Brigitte Wandelhalle Hbf Hamburg, or City-Center Bergedorf and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Hogendiekbrücke, Binnenalster, or Wandsbeker Marktplatz .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof!
Luggage storage nearby Hamburg Hauptbahnhof with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Hamburg with multiple locations near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Elbphilharmonie Plaza, Tierpark Hagenbeck, and Hansebäcker Junge. You can also go for a hike around Niendorfer Gehege, Alsterwanderweg, and Teichwiesen Volksdorf. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Dancing Towers (Tanzende Türme), Strandperle, and Fricke 46.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof area?
✅Multiple locations near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Hamburg Hauptbahnhof and Hamburg without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Hamburg!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Hamburg!View City
About Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
Although Hamburg is second to Berlin in terms of population, it's still home to Germany’s most important transportation hub: the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. With about 450,000 people passing through every single day, Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is easily one of the busiest stations in the European Union. Anyone traveling through Central Europe should familiarize themselves with this big station even if Hamburg isn't their final destination. Considering just how crowded this station gets, it’s no wonder thousands of customers look to Bounce for safe and reliable bag storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.
Before sharing some more info on Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, here’s a quick trivia question: What’s the only European train station that’s busier than Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
If you guessed Paris’s Gare du Nord, then congrats! It’s now estimated over 220 million passengers visit Gare du Nord every year.
Things to Do Section:
Thanks to its central location, many of Hamburg’s hottest attractions are within walking distance of the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. Here are a few suggestions for things to do when you're in the area:
• One of Hamburg’s most popular attractions is the Miniatur Wunderland, which is only about a 10-minute drive from Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. Even if you don’t know German, you probably could’ve guessed what’s housed at this fantastic attraction. Yes, it's miniature train sets! At roughly 16,000 square feet, Miniatur Wunderland is considered the largest of its kind in the world. Here you’ll see tiny replicas of major railways from some of the most famous locations in the world including Rome, the Alps, and, of course, Hamburg. Without a doubt, this is the best stop for anyone traveling to Hamburg with children.
Before visiting the Miniatur Wunderland, you should look up Bounce’s luggage storage in the area. Feel free to drop off all your luggage as you explore Hamburg’s many fascinating sites like Miniatur Wunderland. All of our partner vendors have been safety-screened and everyone who uses Bounce’s luggage storage receives $10,000 in insurance.
• Although Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is a 20-minute drive from the Port of Hamburg, you can still see a few historic ships docked nearby. For instance, one fascinating ship to tour is the Rickmer Rickmers. Built-in the 19th century, this German ship spent a lot of time in the hands of foreign powers including the UK, Portugal, and Brazil. In the 1980s, however, Germany bought back their beloved vessel and made it into a world-class museum. Ever since it has been docked near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, the Rickmer Rickmers has become one of the city’s top attractions.
When you’re touring an old vessel like Rickmer Rickmers, you really shouldn’t be lugging around any extra baggage. Don’t worry; Bounce is gearing up to offer convenient bag storage all around Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. Find out more about luggage storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof on the Bounce mobile app or website.
• Of all the magnificent churches in Hamburg, the St. Katharinen Church is one of the most famous. Just a 15-minute walk from Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, St. Katharinen Church dates back to at least the 13th century and is best known for its association with composer Johann Sebastian Bach. Although most of St. Katharinen was refurbished after World War II, the original 13th-century spire still stands tall.
Considering how sacred St. Katharinen Church is for locals, it’s advised you look into Bounce’s luggage storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. For $5.90 per bag per day, Bounce’s luggage storage locations will keep your bags safe as you tour Hamburg’s many historic attractions. For more detailed information on luggage storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, don’t hesitate to visit Bounce’s FAQ page.
• The most emotional attraction you could visit while in Hamburg is the St. Nikolai Memorial. The tower you see today is one of the few surviving remnants of the 14th century Church of St. Nicholas. Sadly, most of this church was destroyed in Allied air raids during World War II. Visitors can now see first-hand the destructive consequences of war on a tour of the monument. You could also ride an elevator to the tower’s top to take in an unforgettable view of Hamburg. Organizers at St. Nikolai Memorial hope this attraction will promote understanding between cultures and peaceful conflict resolution.
It’s impossible to fully appreciate this war monument with bags in your hands. Don’t forget to look into Bounce’s luggage storage options before you get to St. Nikolai Memorial. Whether you need to drop off luggage, parcels, or shopping bags, all of our partner vendors will be more than happy to assist you.
• Completed in 2017, the Elbphilharmonie is one of the newest buildings on the Hamburg skyline. Overlooking the Elbe River, this massive concert hall has an eye-catching modern design that’s supposed to resemble waves. Anyone interested in live music should check out Elbphilharmonie’s lineup before they visit Hamburg. Although Elbphilharmonie focuses on classical music, quite a few singers and jazz musicians have taken the theater’s stage by storm throughout the years. So, no matter what genre you’re into, there should be something special going on during your Hamburg holiday.
Please don’t let your luggage hold you back from a performance at Elbphilharmonie. Be sure to check out Bounce’s convenient bag storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof before booking your trip. You can keep up-to-date on all of the official luggage storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof by downloading the Bounce mobile app.
Transit Options Section:
• 8 main train lines with links to regional and long-distance train lines.
• Connections to Berlin, Hanover, Wann-Eickel, Lübeck, and the Lower Elbe Railway.
• Access to long-distance InterCityExpress lines.
• Access to 4 S-Bahn railway lines.
• S1 line with direct connection to Hamburg Airport.
• Hamburg Central Bus Station is a short walk from Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.
• Central access to 8 U-Bahn stations.
• Official taxicab services.
• Both stationary and non-stationary car-sharing services like Car2Go, DriveNow, and Cambio.
Luggage Storage Section:
Even if you’re not planning on visiting Hamburg, you’ll probably pass through Hamburg Hauptbahnhof when traveling through Europe. Whenever you arrive at this station, keep in mind Bounce will soon be offering luggage storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. For just $5.90 per bag per day, our trusted partners will take good care of your luggage while you’re in Hamburg. Be sure to keep track of Bounce’s luggage storage in Hamburg Hauptbahnhof options by downloading our hi-tech mobile app.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
The price for luggage storage near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
There are multiple locations in the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Bahnhof Ahrensburg, S Horneburg, and AKN Kaltenkirchen Süd and all over Hamburg.
Is it safe to store your bags near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.
Are there storage lockers near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Hamburg Hauptbahnhof and in the broader Hamburg area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
Popular metro stations like U Osterstraße can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Hamburg near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, you may be close to some bus stations: ZOB Altona, Zob Bus-Port Hamburg, or ZOB Niendorf Markt. If traveling by train, Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, Bahnhof Hamburg-Altona, and S Hamburg Airport (S Hamburg Airport (Flughafen)) are nearest to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof are Scandic Hamburg Emporio, Park Hyatt Hamburg, and THE FONTENAY Hamburg. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof are Generator Hostel Hamburg, A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, and Cab20.
Where are the best restaurants near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof are KFC, ALEX im Alsterpavillon, and Köz Urfa.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Hamburg Hauptbahnhof?
Check out the nearby Planten un Blomen, Stadtpark, and Otto-von-Bahren-Park.