Rated 4.9/5 (153,790 ratings)
Luggage Storage Heraklion
Instantly reserve the best locations in Heraklion to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Heraklion Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Heraklion?" Perhaps you just arrived in Heraklion and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Heraklion!
Luggage storage nearby most Heraklion hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Heraklion and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Heraklion start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Heraklion with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Heraklion without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Heraklion With Bounce
Heraklion, otherwise known as Iraklion in modern-day Greek, is the biggest city, administrative capital and a major port of the Greek island of Crete. The city is located on the north coast of the island, along the Sea of Crete, and has a rich history that dates back to 9th century AD. Throughout the city’s history, Heraklion was conquered and ruled by the Arabic, Venetians, and Ottomans and also suffered severe destruction after World War II.
After the war, Crete slowly made its name as a commercial destination after introducing an airport, a new harbor, and numerous hotels to accommodate incoming tourists. Moreover, the city’s port became active in exporting various goods such as olives, wine, vegetables, grapes, and citrus, among others. At present, Heraklion is an important business center in Greece as well as a renowned destination for travelers all over the world. In fact, the city was named 2017’s fastest-growing tourist destination and welcomes 3 million people every year.
With the increasing number of visitors to Heraklion every year, the demand for reliable storage services has grown. This is where Bounce comes in to help. By providing locations across the city, users can safely leave their heavy items or luggage before they set out to explore.
Luggage Storage in Heraklion
Recognizing the need for reliable storage services in a busy destination such as Heraklion, Bounce has proudly partnered with several local businesses in the city. Most of the Bounce locations are strategically located near transportation hubs and local attractions, making it easy for users to find one near them. By using Bounce, travelers can freely explore Heraklion without having to drag around heavy luggage with them.
Heraklion City Guide
Top Things to Do
Heraklion is the perfect amalgamation of traditional and modern. While the city is a thriving hub, its history is still very much evident in the form of architecture, landmarks, and sites. As one of Crete’s most visited destinations, it’s no surprise that the city is stacked with things to do and places to discover. Below, Bounce lists its recommendations for the best experiences in Heraklion.
The city of Heraklion has a vibrant history that spans thousands of years. Visitors who want to know more about the history of Heraklion and Crete can do so through one of the many museums found here. These facilities give an insight into what Heraklion was like in the past and highlight artifacts that are must-sees.
- Heraklion Archaeological Museum: This is one of the most significant museums not just in Heraklion but in the entire country of Greece. Here, you will find exhibits that showcase the history of Crete – from Neolithic up to the Roman times. Also housed within the Heraklion Archaeological Museum are important artworks from the Minoan civilization. (Bag policy: Guests may leave their baggage with the museum at a cost. As an alternative, stow your things with Bounce before visiting the museum.)
- Natural History Museum of Crete: Situated close to the port of Heraklion, this museum is dedicated to the natural environment. It is divided into five sections: Anthropological, Botanical, Mineralogical, Paleontological-Geological, and Zoological. Guests can enjoy unique exhibits according to the section’s category – from rare flora and fauna to animal fossils. (Bag policy: The museum offers luggage storage for guests with big backpacks in a shared cloakroom. For your peace of mind and security, store your things at a Bounce location in the area.)
- Kotsanas Museum: This one-of-a-kind museum exhibits how Greek technology was during ancient times, which is an entirely unknown but significant part of the ancient Greek culture. An example is an exhibition that displays some key inventions of Ancient Greeks, such as the Hydraulic Clock of Ktesibios. (Bag policy: To avoid any inconvenience at the entrance, deposit your bag with a Bounce partner nearby.)
Retail therapy is a usual pastime in Heraklion, with numerous areas in the city where locals and tourists spend some bucks and buy items. Shopping in Heraklion is a cool experience because aside from the usual clothes and shoes, you can also procure items that are unique to the city. Here are some of the best places to shop until you drop!
- Ocean Village: This well-known shopping district is a typical complex that has several floors lined with shops and boutiques. In Ocean Village, you can find designer brands such as Chanel, Prada and DKNY. The best part is that shopping here is completely tax-free!
- Mayaba: Found in Heraklion’s Old Town, Mayaba is a quaint shop beloved by locals. Find eccentric trinkets and novelty items to bring home as a souvenir. Some of the things you will find at Mayaba are sculpted figurines, string paper lanterns, art pieces, and more.
- Kosmima Gold & Silver: A Heraklion institution, Kosmima is the go-to place in the city if you’re looking for quality jewelry. The store sells some rare Greek-style gold and silver jewelry pieces like necklaces, miniature rings. and other precious stones.
The Cretan diet is a well-known culinary sensation not just because of how good it is but also for its health benefits. Heraklion hosts several fine restaurants that serve delicious Cretan cuisine along with other international flavors. The following restaurants are some of the best spots to enjoy a hearty meal when in the city.
- 7 Thalasses: This fish restaurant, whose name is Greek for “seven seas,” is one of the most remarkable dining experiences that you can have in Heraklion. 7 Thalasses specializes in fish and seafood dishes cooked in traditional Mediterranean flavors.
- Merastri: A favorite among locals and tourists alike, Merastri is arguably the best spot in Heraklion for an authentic Cretan meal. The award-winning restaurant serves traditional Cretan dishes. Their bestsellers include slow-cooked lamb meat with potatoes and chortopites (Greek herb pies).
- Peskesi: This restaurant stays true to the farm-to-table concept growing more and more popular in Greek cuisine. A Heraklion favorite situated in a Venetian villa, Peskesi features a stunning menu made from organic meats and produce. Some of the must-try dishes here are the kotopoulo kokkinisto, which is chicken cooked in garlic tomato sauce, and foukaki, a pie stuffed with lemon-flavored pork.