Instantly reserve the best locations near Chania to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Chania Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Chania?" Perhaps you just arrived in Heraklion and need a place to store your bags near Chania before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Mega-inka, H&M, or Voi&Noi and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Βοτανικο Παρκο Κρητησ, Agia Lake, or Gyrogialli .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Chania!
Luggage storage nearby Chania with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Heraklion with multiple locations near Chania.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Chania area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Chania area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Κουκουβάγια, Φειδίας, and Kross Coffee Works. You can also go for a hike around Imbros Valley, Samaria Gorge Entrance, and Στύλος Αποκορώνου. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Cabana Mare, TheJar_Cafe, and Notis.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Chania area?
✅Multiple locations near Chania✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Chania with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Chania really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Chania and Heraklion without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Heraklion!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Heraklion!View City
Steeped in history, this tiny city is interwoven with the narrowest of cobbled streets that can be both a delight to explore, and a problem to get around if you are dragging luggage. Bounce partners with local businesses in over 100 cities to offer you safe and convenient luggage storage that will leave you free to enjoy your adventure. Drop off what you don’t need and travel light with Bounce.
This tiny city on the North West coast of Crete has endured conquest by the Romans, rampaging Muslim armies, Byzantine colonization, marching Crusaders, and being sold to the Venetians. As if that were not enough, in more recent times, it has been ransacked by the Turks and heavily bombed during World War II.
Today it is a peaceful fishing town that seduces tourists as much with its sunshine and beaches as it does with its ever-present historical influences. Although it is the second largest of Crete’s cities, with a population of just over fifty-five thousand, it has more of a large village feel about it than that of a city.
Here the pace of life is slow and you can engage with the locals, sunbathe on wide-open beaches, or dine on delicious cuisine that has been refined by a thousand different influences.
Things to do in Chania
There is much to do here, but it is almost impossible when you visit a city that has been so heavily molded by the tides of history not to at least dip your toe into some of it.
- Discover how much the sea plays a part in the island’s history by visiting the Maritime Museum. Many countries have maritime museums but Chania's unique position, on what was once one of the world's most travelled sea routes, means that it has a much broader history than most. In addition to displaying all of the different cultural and religious influences that were carried to them on the waves, there is also a section dealing with boat building.
- Gothic churches hold an element of appeal in their own right, but the Church of San Francesco not only offers you the beauty of its own ancient architecture, it also houses the Museum of Architecture of Chania. So many cultures brought their differing architectural tastes and desires to this island that this is a fascinating place to pass a few hours. Here you can lose yourself in time viewing intricate mosaics, ancient sculptures or simply admiring the building itself.
- If you have kids and they are starting to become a little museum-averse after all of this, turn the tables on them with a visit to a museum built with them in mind. Minoan’s World describes itself as a place where history and entertainment meet. They have a 3D guided tour followed by a 9D film that will entertain the younger members of your party while surreptitiously educating them at the same time.
- You are probably ready to re-establish contact with the real world by now and a stroll around the Old Harbor is the perfect place to experience some of Chania’s current charms. Watch the fishing boats return while enjoying a glass of wine or a meal at one of the many harborside restaurants. On the far side of the harbor, you will be able to see the delightful stone lighthouse, designed and built by an Egyptian architect in 1839.
- Grab some fresh produce at the municipal market and while you are about it, enjoy authentic Cretan life. The market covers 4000 square meters and is a great place to purchase local fruit and vegetables if you are staying in self-catering accommodation. The climate provides ideal conditions for growing a wide variety of produce and then, of course, there is the fresh fish.
Transport options in Chania
Much of Chania is accessible on foot and this is probably the best way to experience most of it. This is especially true of the old town, where the narrow-cobbled streets make vehicle transport complicated.
- Buses are a common way to get about. Prices vary according to the distance covered, but you can save money and time by purchasing tickets from one of the many ticket kiosks.
- Taxis are easy to find and they will be able to offer advice on what to see and where to go.
- There are most of the usual rental car options if you feel like exploring further afield, and the low density of population means that driving on the island is not a harrowing affair.
Luggage storage options in Chania
Let's face it, dragging bags around when traveling can be a nuisance. Combine that with tiny narrow streets and cobbled paving, and suddenly a safe storage option becomes a necessity. Here is where Bounce comes to the rescue. They allow you to store your bags in complete peace of mind while you explore with only the basics.
Activities and attractions near Chania
- Samaria Gorge is a great escape into the rugged country for the hiking enthusiast. It is situated 42 kilometers from Chania, and the hike itself is 18 kilometers. Although the terrain is rough, once in the gorge, most of the route is downhill. Catch a ferry to Sfakia and then jump on a bus to get back.
- Elafonissi Beach is 73 kilometers from Chania and you can join a tour or hire a car and drive yourself. Whichever option you opt for, the outing will be worthwhile. The beach is made of crushed shells and is almost pink in color, which contrasts perfectly with the turquoise waters of the Med.
- Akrotiri Peninsula is the location of three stunning monasteries. Surrounded by olive groves and orange orchards, they offer a peaceful place to walk around, and you can also purchase olive oil made by the local monks.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Chania?
The price for luggage storage near Chania is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Chania?
There are multiple locations in the Chania area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Chania International Airport Ioannis Daskalogiannis (CHQ) (Διεθνής Αερολιμένας Χανίων «Ιωάννης Δασκαλογιάννης»), Hertz Car Rental, and Aegean Airlines Check-in and all over Heraklion.
Is it safe to store your bags near Chania?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Chania.
Are there storage lockers near Chania?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Chania area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Chania and in the broader Heraklion area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Chania?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Chania are Verginia Beach Hotel, Kydon Hotel, and Domes Noruz Chania. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Chania are Cocoon City Hostel, Kumba, and Chania Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Chania?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Chania are Funky's, Rustic Garden, and Goody's.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Chania?
Check out the nearby Public Garden (Δημοτικός Κήπος), Παιδότοπος "Το όνειρο", and Μικροφυιες.