How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Avignon Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Avignon?" Perhaps you just arrived in Montpellier and need a place to store your bags near Avignon before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Centre Commercial Avignon Nord, C.C Mistral 7, or Zara and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Château des Papes, Château des Baux-de-Provence, or Château de Gordes .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Avignon!
Luggage storage nearby Avignon with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Montpellier with multiple locations near Avignon.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Avignon area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Avignon area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Villa Sabran, Café des Sports, and Le Commerce. You can also go for a hike around Le Mur de la Peste, Parc Naturel Régional des Alpilles, and Le Carbet Amazonien. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Les Romarins, Bowlingstar Avignon, and The Pipeline.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Avignon area?
✅Multiple locations near Avignon✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Avignon with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Avignon really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Avignon and Montpellier without your things!
Bounce provides a safe and economical place to store your luggage in Avignon. Leaving your bags in a Bounce luggage locker will enable you to make the most of your time discovering the secrets of the medieval French city, its quaint cobbled streets, and the impressive Palais des Papes with comfort and ease.
Built on the banks of the Rhone River, Avignon is a French city that has retained its medieval ambiance through the centuries. Its Old Town, encapsulated within towering walls of limestone, is a nucleus of historic buildings with worldwide renown and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Easily the most outstanding building in Avignon is the Palais des Papes, a formidable structure dating back to the 13th century that dominates the city and is the biggest, intact example of its kind. The palace was the former residence of seven consecutive Catholic popes who preferred the quieter location to the troubled Rome of their time. It's one of the main attractions in Avignon which along with the Pont d'Avignon, a medieval arched bridge jutting out into the river, and the 12th century Romanesque Avignon Cathedral, draws more than half a million visitors to the city every year.
There's much more to Avignon than medieval Gothic buildings. Explore its cobbled streets and you'll discover areas full of Bohemian boutiques and galleries, covered markets, chic wine bars, sidewalk cafes, and museums galore. Be there in mid-summer and you’ll see the city streets come alive with hundreds of outdoor theatrical performances, film screenings, and art-related workshops during the annual Festival d'Avignon.
Fun Fact: Avignon's city walls measure over four kilometers in length and are only bested by the Great Wall of China for being the longest in the world.
Things to do in Avignon
Avignon has a lengthy history it's proud of and it’s one that’s apparent both in and outside the walls of its historic center. With its well-preserved architecture and labyrinths of cobbled streets, Avignon is a historian’s and art-lover’s Gothic nirvana. The pavement terraces of its cafeterias and restaurants are an open invitation to sit down, drink a cafe au lait or a bowl of bouillabaisse, and while away the hours watching the world go by before doing some of the following activities.
- Take a cruise along the Rhone River from Avignon. It's a gentle sailing during which you can watch the verdant French countryside go floating by.
- Follow a fun tradition and dance along the arched remains of the 12th century Pont d'Avignon.
- Climb the steps by the Avignon Cathedral up to the Rocher des Doms then walk around the city walls to get incredible views of the city, the Rhone River, Barthelasse Island, and Mont Ventoux.
- Visit the Musée Lapidaire to browse around the stunning collections of ancient artifacts housed there.
- Indulge in a French food feast at the Fou de Fafa restaurant on the Rue des Faucons where the menu is minimal but the dishes sublime.
- Head to the Avignon Les Halles indoor market to shop for French bread, cheese and cooked meats then have a picnic in the hilltop park, Doms Garden.
- Wander down the canal-side Rue des Teinturiers taking photos of the waterwheels before shopping in the boutiques or chilling out with a coffee.
Transport options in Avignon
- The Avignon-Caumont International Airport serves Avignon and is just a short, ten-kilometer drive from the city center.
- The Avignon TGV is the main train station in Avignon. Located in the south of the city and operated by SNCF, the station handles internal as well as international services from other European countries.
- The main bus and coach station in Avignon is located on the Boulevard du Rhone and handles both intercity and international services.
Luggage storage in Avignon
Exploring Avignon's medieval buildings or clambering along its city walls while carrying your bags will spoil all the enjoyment. Dragging your baggage through the streets of cobblestones will not only destroy everyone else's peace and quiet, but could easily damage the wheels on your suitcase too.
You'll be able to tour around with ease and in comfort, as well as keep your suitcase wheels intact, if you leave your baggage at a Bounce luggage storage site in Avignon.
Attractions and Activities near Avignon
- Barthelasse Island:Catch the cable ferry from next to the Pont d'Avignon over to Barthelasse Island. Barthelasse Island is a small, inhabited island a few kilometers up river of the city. The tranquil sailing along the Rhone River takes around ten minutes and there's no problem with taking cycles aboard if you've hired one for the day.
After disembarking, go hiking or cycling around the island's network of pathways or go wildlife spotting in the abundant countryside. There are farms selling home produced goods to visit as well as a distillery where you can try and buy unusual liqueurs made with a combination of alcohol and olive oil. Go to Barthelasse Island bag-free by storing yours at a luggage locker in Avignon before boarding the ferry.
- Arles: Immerse yourself in the world of art by taking a twenty-minute train ride from Avignon to Arles. Arles is the location where Van Gogh found the inspiration for many of his famous works and the French city is also where you can view his paintings on display at the Foundation Vincent Van Gogh gallery.
The Italian capital Rome isn't the only place with impressive Roman ruins. Arles has them too. The Arles Amphitheater was built in the first century and while its well-conserved interior no longer houses chariot races and gladiator fights, they do still see some bloody battles as it's now used for bullfighting when the Fiesta d'Arles is held. Avoid having to hump your bags around Arles with you by leaving them at a luggage locker facility in Avignon.
- Coustellet: Make some aromatic memories with a visit to the Lavender Museum in Coustellet. Coustellet is a rural town half an hour's drive from Avignon that's right in the heart of the lavender fields of Provence. You don't need to be there when the flowers are in bloom to be impressed by the fragrance of the purple flower.
In the museum you can learn how lavender is pressed to extract essential oils and view the extensive exhibitions of industry-related equipment as well as get an interesting insight into what lavender is used for. If you're fortunate to be there when the fields are in flower, you won't want to go traipsing through them with your bags, so leave them in a luggage locker in Avignon before you go.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Avignon
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Avignon?
The price for luggage storage near Avignon is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Avignon?
There are multiple locations in the Avignon area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gare SNCF de Saint-Saturnin-lès-Avignon, Gare SNCF de l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, and Gare SNCF de Nîmes-Pont du Gard and all over Montpellier.
Is it safe to store your bags near Avignon?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Avignon.
Are there storage lockers near Avignon?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Avignon area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Avignon and in the broader Montpellier area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Avignon?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Avignon are Chateau de Varenne Chateaux et Hotels Collection, Novotel Avignon Nord, and Hôtel Bristol. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Avignon are HO 36 Avignon, YMCA Avignon, and Hostel and Camping Bagatelle.
Where are the best restaurants near Avignon?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Avignon are Domino's Pizza, Boulangeries Marie Blachère, and La Petite Cuillère.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Avignon?
Check out the nearby Clos de la murette, Parc Chico Mendes, and Royal Kids.