Rated 4.9/5 (153,790 ratings)
Luggage Storage Ponta Delgada
Instantly reserve the best locations in Ponta Delgada to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Ponta Delgada hotspots
Ponta Delgada Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Ponta Delgada?" Perhaps you just arrived in Ponta Delgada and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Auto Lima, Solmar Avenida, or Mango, Ponta Delgada and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Piscinas Naturais de Mosteiros, Marina de Vila Franca do Campo, or Poça da Dona Beija and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Ponta Delgada!
Luggage storage nearby most Ponta Delgada hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Ponta Delgada and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Ponta Delgada start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Ponta Delgada now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Vista do Rei, Miradouro da Boca do Inferno, and Chá Porto Formoso. You can also go for a hike around Parque Terra Nostra, Caldeira Velha, and Trilho da Cascata Ribeira do Rosal. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Portas do Mar, Baía dos Anjos, and Pão do Rei do Paim.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Ponta Delgada with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Ponta Delgada without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Ponta Delgada With Bounce
Located on the southern coast of the island of Sao Miguel, Ponta Delgada is the capital and one of the largest towns of Azores Island, Portugal. It started as a fishing village, attracting fishers with its safe coves, and later became the main port of the Sao Miguel island. It’s the busiest town in the archipelago that will give you an insight into the unique Azores culture.
Today, Ponta Delgada is a lively cosmopolitan city where history meets the present. It retains its tranquil island feel. But its distinctive architecture and cobbled narrow streets with traditional-style churches, plazas, colorful houses, attractive museums, and monuments give this town a dynamic character. It might be small and hundreds of miles from the mainland, but it provides the same great atmosphere as you’ll find in many of the best cities in Portugal.
There are several ways to get to Azores’ capital, either by land, sea, or air. But the easiest and most convenient is traveling by air. Ponta Delgada airport is the main gateway, offering direct flights to the other archipelago islands and some European and North-American destinations. These include Frankfurt, Germany, New York and Boston, USA, and Toronto, Canada.
No matter how you plan to travel to Ponta Delgada, one of your biggest headaches when you get there is the safety of your luggage. Plus, it isn’t easy to handle and carry oversized baggage, especially if you’re traveling solo. That’s where Bounce luggage storage Ponta Delgada comes in. For just a minimal fee, you can explore the city conveniently, without dragging around heavy bags.
Luggage Storage in Ponta Delgada
Ponta Delgada provides different experiences, from dolphin and whale watching, hiking, and horse-riding to wine tasting, sports fishing, shopping, and other rural adventures and city fun. But to make the most of these incredible entertainment and outdoor explorations, you’ll need a place to store luggage safely in the city.
It’s also true for those who come here for work. Having access to Bounce luggage storage in Ponta Delgada gives you peace of mind knowing your belongings are in a secure place while you go about your business.
Ponta Delgada City Guide
Top Things to Do in Ponta Delgada
Ponta Delgada is a perfect mix of the old and new, with rich architectural heritage, natural beauty, world-class museums, and plenty of lovely shops, restaurants, and cafes. It’s a multifaceted place with a lot of things to offer its residents and tourists.
Whether you’re visiting for the first time or a returning traveler, check out the sites worth exploring in the Azores archipelago capital. Once you’ve picked Bounce from a range of storage lockers in the city, it’s time to immerse yourself into its fascinating culture and way of life.
Museums in Ponta Delgada
No trip to Ponta Delgada will be complete without visiting its cultural attractions and museums. Besides the iconic monuments, statues, cultural venues, and art galleries around town, it’s also home to several museums that provide a pleasant overview of the city’s past. Some of them are located around nearby hotels and comfortable lodgings you can check in with a parking area for your convenience.
- Museu Carlos Machado - Núcleo de Arte Sacra: Founded by Carlos Maria Gomes Machado in 1876, the Carlos Machado Museum is housed in a 16th-century former convent of Santo André. It boasts an impressive collection of sacred art, paintings, tile art, regional ethnography, old toys, textiles, sculptures, and other items of significant international and national value. The museum aims to be an open and inclusive facility, making it accessible to anyone, including those with reduced mobility with its disabled services. However, it doesn't have a left luggage service so make sure you use the Bounce luggage storage solution in Ponta Delgada before entering the museum.
- Military Museum of the Azores: Housed in a Renaissance military fortification, the Military Museum of the Azores collects, preserves, and exhibits all artifacts related to Portugal’s military history. It also presents the São Brás fortress, allowing guests to see the jewel of the military architecture during the Renaissance era.
- Sahar Hassamaim Hebrew Museum - Gates of Heaven: Whether you’re religious or not, a visit to this museum will be an exciting experience. The synagogue was in operation between 1840 to 1960 and is one of Portugal’s oldest synagogues. It has four rooms open for visitors, including the Mikveh, a former ritual bath area, and the Space of Memories, dedicated to the historical and cultural legacies of the Hebrew presence in the archipelago.
Shopping in Ponta Delgada
Shopping isn’t the prime attraction in Ponta Delgada, but there are malls and shops around the town, lining the city center streets. It also still holds traditional commerce stores, many of which are within the historical city center and have been open for over a hundred years.
- Parque Atlântico: Offering a range of services and entertainment, Parque Atlântico is a shopping center where you can get everything, from home items and decorations to clothing, fashion accessories, and beauty and healthcare. There’s also a playground, restaurants, free parking, and even beautiful gardens for relaxation and meetups. Overall, it provides a great way to enjoy Ponta Delgada.
- Mercado da Graça: If you need some fresh produce and local ingredients for cooking, there’s no better place to go than Graça Farmers Market. Built in 1848, the Market is one of the city’s most visited points by locals and tourists alike, with vendors selling different agricultural products and livestock.
- Feira das Traquitanas: Buy artistic and handcrafted items made by local artisans and find second-hand objects at Feira das Traquitanas. It’s a popular flea market that started in 2007, taking place on the first Sunday of the month at the renovated Alameda Duque de Bragança, also known as Relvão, next to the university.
Dining in Ponta Delgada
Finding a dining spot in Ponta Delgada doesn’t have to be a struggle. With plenty of cafes, eateries, taverns, and modern and old-school restaurants, the city provides a gastronomical adventure that suits every taste and budget.
- Lava Jazz: Food lovers and fans of jazz music will find a paradise at Lava Jazz. It’s more than just a bar and restaurant; it provides award-winning music to diners while serving light meals to share with your friends or loved ones for a more intimate feel. And if you’re dining with your vegan or vegetarian friend, there are plant-based options you can try.
- A Tasca: Situated in the historic center of Ponta Delgada, A Tasca is a traditional Portuguese bistro that won’t disappoint you. Its colorful menu includes petiscos with a modern twist, grilled pork sausage with pineapple, breaded octopus rings, flavorful soups, and more. The prices are also affordable, making it a fantastic afternoon for visitors.
- Rotas da Ilha Verde: Whether you’re hungry for a refreshing lunch or want a fancy dinner, you won’t go wrong with Rotas da Ilha Verde. It offers international cuisines, local dishes, and vegetarian options for all eaters. It has a friendly staff and is in a convenient location, just a short walk from the Carlos Machado Museum, making it an excellent spot for a quick break from your museum exploration.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Ponta Delgada?
The price for luggage storage in Ponta Delgada is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Ponta Delgada?
There are multiple locations all around Ponta Delgada which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Piscinas Naturais de Mosteiros, Marina de Vila Franca do Campo, Poça da Dona Beija and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Ponta Delgada?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Ponta Delgada.
Are there storage lockers in Ponta Delgada?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Ponta Delgada. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Ponta Delgada where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Ponta Delgada?
The most popular restaurants to visit are O Alambique, McDonald's, and Mercado do Peixe. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Ponta Delgada are Hotel Marina Atlântico, Casa do Campo de São Francisco, and Azor Hotel.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Ponta Delgada?
Ponta Delgada offers several scenic parks including Relvão de São Pedro, Parque Urbano, and Pinhal da Paz.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Ponta Delgada?
You can find local tourist information at Posto Turismo Aeroporto, Delegação de Turismo de São Miguel, and Top Atlântico - Viagens & Turismo, S.A..