Rated 4.9/5 (153,790 ratings)
Luggage Storage Rennes
Instantly reserve the best locations in Rennes to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Rennes Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Rennes?" Perhaps you just arrived in Rennes and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Claire's, C.C Sarah Bernard, or Naf Naf and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Fairies' Rock (La Roche-aux-Fées), Place de l'Eglise, or Centre Historique de Vitré and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Rennes!
Luggage storage nearby most Rennes hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Rennes and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Rennes start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Rennes now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Le Guibra, Parc du Thabor, and Le Mabilay. You can also go for a hike around Forêt de Rennes, Promenade du Val, and Promenade Georges Brassens. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Bowling Alma Loisirs, Le Landrel, and Fox and Friends Pub.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Rennes with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Rennes without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
The 10th largest city in France with a population of around 200,000, Rennes has been recognized as one of the country's most livable municipalities. Its well preserved historic buildings, high student population, and significance in France's tech industry all combine to offer both historic charm and modern innovation.
Rennes is the capital of the Brittany region, a part of France that spent much of the medieval period under English rule. The two countries plotted and schemed and occasionally fought one another until 1491, when the Duchess of Brittany married the King of France and brought the region under French control at last. Bretons still retain much of their independent spirit and unique culture to this day, and Rennes is the best place to experience Brittany and its people.
Damaged by bombing during World War II, Rennes underwent a period of rapid growth in the postwar years, a pattern that continues until this day. As recently as 1999, Rennes was the second fastest-growing city in France, after Toulouse.
Things to do in Rennes
For a relatively small city, Rennes has plenty to do. That's partly because, as the capital of a fiercely independent region, Rennes feels bigger than it is. But in fact, the center of the city is very walkable, and all the major attractions are conveniently close to one another.
- See how the city used to look at Old Rennes. A huge fire in 1720 destroyed much of the old wooden town of Rennes and saw it rebuilt in stone. But around the Cathedral, some of the old half-timber buildings survived. Now, this district is the best place to wander through the remnants of medieval Rennes and see how the city used to look.
- Explore the turbulent history of the city at Rennes Cathedral. The medieval church on this site collapsed in 1490, and the current Cathedral was built in stages from 1541 to 1704. As a result, the Cathedral is a mishmash of architectural styles that somehow all combine to make for a very impressive monument.
- Get your culture fix at the Musee de Beaux-Arts. Rennes' museum of fine arts is small but perfectly formed, with paintings by Caracci and Rubens and an extensive collection of drawings by masters like Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Durer, Rembrandt, Picasso, and others.
- Experience the beating heart of Rennes at the Marche des Lices. This huge Saturday market has been held in the center of Rennes for centuries, and is the perfect place to try local produce and crafts and maybe pick up some unique souvenirs.
- Take a breather at the Parc du Thabor. These elegant gardens were once the grounds of a monastery, but are now the best-loved public park in Rennes. Don't miss the impressive Rose Garden that holds over 2,000 varieties of flowers.
Transit options in Rennes
- Rennes has its own airport which can be reached by train from the city in only five minutes. The nearest major airport is in Paris, around two hours away.
- Rennes Train station lies just to the south of the historic heart of the city. It provides regional services to other towns in Brittany and intercity trains to Nantes, Paris, and other French and European destinations beyond.
- Rennes has a single metro line that connects to the railway station and many of the city's most popular attractions, including the Cathedral and the Brittany Parliament building.
Luggage storage in Rennes
Rennes' compact size makes it an ideal city to explore on foot. Generally, that's the best way to experience the youthful vibe and unique culture of the city, too. But it will be much easier on your back if you drop off any unneeded baggage before you set out. Track down a Bounce luggage storage location in Rennes and leave any size of bags for as long as you like. They'll be safely waiting for you until you come to pick them up.
Activities and attractions near Rennes
- Mont Saint-Michel: Rennes is one of the closest cities to the iconic French destination of Mont Saint-Michel. This tidal island with its ancient buildings is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and one of France's most photographed attractions. Dominated by its medieval abbey, Mont Saint-Michel has an almost otherworldly quality that attracts millions of visitors every year to visit this tiny island. The hilly cobblestone streets are no place for heavy bags, so make sure you leave yours at a luggage storage site in Rennes before visiting.
- La Roche-aux-Fees: The prehistoric tomb of La Roche-aux-Fees is one of France's best-preserved megalithic structures. Dating back to 3000 BC, this atmospheric gravesite is a testament to the engineering capabilities of the people who built it so long ago. The massive stones weigh tons, and yet were set in place with such precision that they are still standing 5,000 years later. We may never know exactly how or why this monument was created, but it's fun to explore the possibilities.
- Cider tour: Brittany is known for its apple orchards, and that means one thing: cider. A guided cider tour lets you see why Brittany is famed for its cider throughout France and beyond. There are so many different orchards to visit and products to sample, you're bound to find a new favorite. And you can pair it all with traditional Breton cuisine such as crepes, galettes, and fresh seafood. These tours can cover a lot of ground in the rural areas around the city, so make sure you leave any unneeded bags at a Rennes luggage storage shop before you set out.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Rennes?
The price for luggage storage in Rennes is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Rennes?
There are multiple locations all around Rennes which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Fairies' Rock (La Roche-aux-Fées), Place de l'Eglise, Centre Historique de Vitré and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Rennes?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Rennes.
Are there storage lockers in Rennes?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Rennes. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Rennes where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Rennes?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Café des Feuilles, McDonald's, and Crêperie Sainte Anne. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Rennes are Le Voltaire, Mercure Rennes Centre Parlement, and Inter-Hotel le Sevigne Rennes Centre Gare.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Rennes?
Rennes offers several scenic parks including Parc des Tanneurs, Parc Saint Cyr, and Parc des Gayeulles.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Rennes?
You can find local tourist information at Comite Regional du Tourisme, Office de Tourisme, and Destination Rennes.