Rennes Train Station
Instantly reserve the best locations near Rennes Train Station to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Rennes Train Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Rennes Train Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Rennes and need a place to store your bags near Rennes Train Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Claire's, C.C Sarah Bernard, or Naf Naf and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Fairies' Rock (La Roche-aux-Fées), Place de l'Eglise, or Centre Historique de Vitré .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Rennes Train Station!
Luggage storage nearby Rennes Train Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Rennes with multiple locations near Rennes Train Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Rennes Train Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Rennes Train Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Le Guibra, Parc du Thabor, and Le Mabilay. You can also go for a hike around Forêt de Rennes, Promenade du Val, and Promenade Georges Brassens. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Bowling Alma Loisirs, Le Landrel, and Fox and Friends Pub.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Rennes Train Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Rennes Train Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Rennes Train Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Rennes Train Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Rennes Train Station and Rennes without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Rennes!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Rennes!View City
About Rennes Train Station
When Rennes Train Station first opened in 1857, it was located some distance from the center of the city. However, the capital of Brittany has grown significantly since then, with the result that the station now occupies a prime position in the center of town. Luckily for travelers who arrive in the city by train, you don’t have to go far from the station to see some of the best of what Rennes has to offer.
Rennes Train Station is served by the high-speed TGV train line. That means the city can be reached from Paris in only two hours. There are also regular trains to cities throughout France, including Lyon, Montpellier, and Marseilles.
Rennes Train Station functions as the hub for all the city’s public transportation and serves the wider region with regional and intercity trains. Therefore, it’s the perfect place to begin your exploration of Brittany. Just make sure you leave those unneeded bags behind at a luggage storage service near Rennes Train Station first.
Things to do near Rennes Train Station
Rennes is known for its medieval timber-framed houses and charming old town. However, this is no museum. Around a quarter of the city’s residents are students, meaning there’s plenty of nightlife and cultural attractions to indulge in.
- Take a walk on the medieval side in Old Rennes. Close to the Cathedral, you’ll find some of the city’s most attractive timbered houses. Much of the city was destroyed by fire in 1720, but streets such as Rue de la Psalette preserve a glimpse of the way Rennes used to look.
- Get a breath of fresh air at Parc du Thabor. Rennes is known for its abundant green space, but this park is one of the most iconic. Two thousand varieties of roses bloom here in the summer, and it’s a great place to relax from the sometimes frantic pace of the city.
- Explore culture at the Musee des Beaux-Arts. This fine art museum was opened after the French Revolution, when artworks were seized from the abolished nobility and put on display for the people. With pieces by famous artists such as Michelangelo, Rubens, and Gauguin, among others, this museum is a treat for any art lover.
- Scratch your shopping itch at the Marche des Lices. Rennes has over 20 markets, but this one, held since 1622, is the grandest of them all. The third-biggest market in the country, you can find just about anything here, including delicious Breton specialties that make superb souvenirs.
- See the city’s spiritual heart at Rennes Cathedral. There has been a church on the site since the sixth century, but the current Cathedral dates back to the eighteenth. It’s worth visiting just for the Grand Organ, built in 1874.
Transit options near Rennes Train Station
- Rennes can be reached directly from Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris via train. The journey takes around three hours.
- Trains from Gare Montparnasse in Paris take just over two hours to reach Rennes, and trains leave every 30 minutes.
- Rennes Train Station is served by the city’s single Metro line, and many of the city’s bus routes stop at the bus station just outside the train station.
Luggage storage at Rennes Train Station
Once you reach Rennes Train Station, the city is your oyster. Within walking distance of many of the city’s top attractions, the station is also well-connected to the public transportation network, making it easy to reach just about anywhere in Rennes from the station.
Whether you’re walking, catching the Metro, or taking a bus, you’ll have an easier time if you travel light. Drop off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage near the station so you can more easily enjoy what the city has to offer.
Attractions and Activities near Rennes Train Station
- See evidence of Brittany’s most distant past at La Roche aux Fees. This impressive 64-foot long passage grave dates back to around 3000 BC and is perfectly aligned with sunrise on the winter solstice. It’s a fascinating place to explore and ponder what life was like in Brittany during the prehistoric period.
- Head for the coast and the former pirate port of St Malo. The ancient walled city is a fascinating place to explore, and it’s also home to great beaches and an expansive aquarium, making it an excellent choice for family vacations. The city makes the perfect place to explore Brittany’s maritime past or just get a drink or a nice meal and watch the world go by.
- Mont Saint-Michel is one of France’s most famous heritage sites and a place that draws millions of visitors every year. This medieval city rises out of the mud of a tidal estuary, founded on a small hill that makes it visible from miles away. Wander the cobblestone streets and ancient walls of the city, and you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to the Middle Ages.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Rennes Train Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Rennes Train Station?
The price for luggage storage near Rennes Train Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Rennes Train Station?
There are multiple locations in the Rennes Train Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gare SNCF de l'Hermitage, Gare SNCF de Châteaubourg, and Gare SNCF de Saint-Armel and all over Rennes.
Is it safe to store your bags near Rennes Train Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Rennes Train Station.
Are there storage lockers near Rennes Train Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Rennes Train Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Rennes Train Station and in the broader Rennes area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Rennes Train Station?
Popular metro stations like Métro J.F. Kennedy ⓐ, Métro la Poterie ⓐ, or Métro Triangle ⓐ can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Rennes near Rennes Train Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Vern sur Sèche or Illenoo. If traveling by train, Rennes Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Rennes), Gare SNCF de Pontchaillou, and SNCF Services en Gare are nearest to Rennes Train Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Rennes Train Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Rennes Train Station are Le Voltaire, Mercure Rennes Centre Parlement, and Inter-Hotel le Sevigne Rennes Centre Gare. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Rennes Train Station are Auberge de Jeunesse and Bonsaï Hôtel.
Where are the best restaurants near Rennes Train Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Rennes Train Station are Café des Feuilles, McDonald's, and Crêperie Sainte Anne.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Rennes Train Station?
Check out the nearby Parc des Tanneurs, Parc Saint Cyr, and Parc des Gayeulles.