Luggage Storage Rotterdam Station
Instantly reserve the best locations near Rotterdam Station to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Rotterdam Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Rotterdam Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Rotterdam and need a place to store your bags near Rotterdam Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Westfield Mall Of The Netherlands, Stadshart, or Winkelcentrum Reigerhof and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Koudenhoorn, Limesaquaduct, or Koningin Wilhelminahaven .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Rotterdam Station!
Luggage storage nearby Rotterdam Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Rotterdam with multiple locations near Rotterdam Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Rotterdam Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Rotterdam Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Vlisterstee, Restaria d'n Bels, and Diergaarde Blijdorp. You can also go for a hike around Carnisse Grienden, Valckensteinse Bos, and Bentwoud Benthuizen. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Proeflokaal Faas, Bar Hotel New York, and Kino.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Rotterdam Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Rotterdam Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Rotterdam Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Rotterdam Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Rotterdam Station and Rotterdam without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Rotterdam!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Rotterdam!View City
About Rotterdam Station
Rotterdam is the Netherlands’ second-largest city, so you'd expect it to have a train station to match. Serving over a hundred thousand passengers every day, Rotterdam station is an extremely busy place and a crucial component of the country's rail system.
Prior to World War II, Rotterdam lacked a central rail station and was instead served by four smaller stations throughout the city. During the war, Rotterdam was heavily bombed, destroying many of its historic buildings and contributing to the modern architecture the city has today. The railway stations took heavy damage, and so after the war, a plan was made to build a central station to replace them.
Centraal station was opened in 1957. Over the years, it continued to grow. In 1968, a subway station was added to the rail station. And in 2007, the 50-year-old building was demolished completely and replaced with the current station that opened in 2014. As a result, Rotterdam station is as relentlessly modern as much of the rest of this future-facing city.
For many visitors to Rotterdam, Centraal station is the first point of entry to this vibrant city. And its central location makes it the ideal base from which to explore. Almost as soon as you step out the doors of the station, you'll be close to everything central Rotterdam has to offer.
Things to do near Rotterdam Station
Rotterdam is known as one of the coolest cities in Europe. If you visit for yourself, you’ll soon see why. And the best part is, you won’t need to go far from the train station. Much of what makes the city so unique is only a short walk from Centraal.
- Get a glimpse of Rotterdam's past at the Stadhuis, or City Hall. Few of Rotterdam's historic buildings were fortunate enough to survive World War II, but the Stadhuis did. Constructed in 1915, this impressive sandstone building is a reminder of the way the city used to be.
- See the city and its region in a unique way at Miniworld. This painstakingly detailed diorama re-creates Rotterdam and the countryside around it on a miniature scale. Every 24 minutes, the model changes from day to night and back again.
- Embrace everything that’s cool about Rotterdam in the Cool District. Yes, that is its real name. And it’s accurate. Just to the south of the train station, this entertainment district is full of fashion boutiques, theaters, bars, and restaurants.
- Visit another of Rotterdam’s few remaining old buildings at the Grote of Sint-Laurenskerk. This church is the last remaining relic of medieval Rotterdam. Built in the 15th and 16th centuries, it was heavily damaged in the War but restored afterward as a reminder of what the city lost.
- Explore the city's port on a boat tour. The port of Rotterdam is one of the world's busiest and most high-tech and has been the economic driver of the city for centuries. A boat tour is the perfect way to see the city and learn more about the importance of trade to Rotterdam.
- Explore Rotterdam's seafaring history at the Maritime Museum. Located on the waterfront close to the city center, this museum tells the story of Dutch seafaring through the ages and contains some fascinating objects from the Netherlands' nautical history.
- Admire the unique architecture of Rotterdam's Cube Houses. These tilted buildings are unique homes for Rotterdam residents, and one of them has been converted into a museum so you can see the fascinating architecture inside.
Transit options near Rotterdam Station
- As one of the biggest train stations in the country, Rotterdam is well-connected by train to other cities throughout the Netherlands, including Amsterdam. It also has intercity service to other major European cities such as Brussels, Paris, London, and beyond.
- Rotterdam’s airport lies just to the north of the city center. Bus line 33 connects the airport to Rotterdam station.
- Rotterdam station serves as a hub for the city’s excellent transit services. In particular, Centraal Metro station is underneath the train station and is served by Metro lines D and E. many of Rotterdam’s bus and streetcar routes also stop right outside the central station.
Luggage storage at Rotterdam Station
Rotterdam's fascinating neighborhoods are best explored either on foot or by bike as the locals do. In this flat and sea-level country, bikes are the perfect way to get around, and Rotterdam has a great network of rental bikes that you can pick up and drop off wherever you're going. But whether you choose to explore on foot or on two wheels, you won't want to be carrying heavy bags with you.
Track down a Bounce luggage storage location in Rotterdam and drop off anything you don't need, to make your trip easier on yourself. Bounce makes it easy to travel light so you can see more of your destination.
Activities and attractions near Rotterdam Station
- Euromast: This 600-foot tall observation tower was built in 1960 as part of Rotterdam's postwar reconstruction. The tallest building in the Netherlands, the tower offers sweeping views over this famously low-lying country, and there's also a restaurant so you can enjoy a meal with the view. Large bags are not permitted in the tower, so make sure you leave them at a luggage storage shop in Rotterdam before you ascend.
- Rotterdam's Market Hall: Constructed in 2014, the state-of-the-art hall is home not just to a produce market, but also a range of cafés, bars, and delicatessens. It's an excellent place to pick up souvenirs you won't find anywhere else or try some of the local produce. Bear in mind that the market hall can get very busy, so be sure to leave any unneeded luggage with a Rotterdam luggage storage service.
- Kinderdijk windmills: Just outside Rotterdam, the Kinderdijk windmills are a UNESCO World Heritage site and an icon of Dutch history. For centuries, windmills have been used to pump water and reclaim land from the sea. The windmills at Kinderdijk are a testament to this ingenuity and the perfect place to get photos of these iconic structures. Almost nothing says the Netherlands like a windmill, so bring your camera to this perfect photo opportunity just outside the city.
- SS Rotterdam: See the swansong of the great ocean liners at this impressive luxury ship, dating back to the 1950s. The SS Rotterdam was one of the last high-end ocean liners to sail regularly between Europe and the United States. Operating now as a hotel, the ship also has a museum where you can explore the bridge and the engine room and learn more about this now outmoded form of travel. Large bags are not permitted, so make sure you leave yours at a luggage storage service in Rotterdam before you visit.
- Amsterdam: The Netherlands is not a large country, and the train from Rotterdam to the capital Amsterdam only takes an hour. Amsterdam is legendary as a kind of European Sin City, with liberal policies on drug use, gambling, and prostitution. But there's much more to Amsterdam than these vices. The city is also home to some of the top museums in the Netherlands, if not in all of Europe, and the charming historical architecture and many canals of this enchanting city will stay in your memory long after you've visited.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Rotterdam Station?
The price for luggage storage near Rotterdam Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Rotterdam Station?
There are multiple locations in the Rotterdam Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Station Delft, Leiden Central Railway station (Station Leiden Centraal), and Station Dordrecht and all over Rotterdam.
Is it safe to store your bags near Rotterdam Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Rotterdam Station.
Are there storage lockers near Rotterdam Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Rotterdam Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Rotterdam Station and in the broader Rotterdam area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Rotterdam Station?
Popular metro stations like Metrostation Zuidplein, Metrostation Vlaardingen Centrum, or Melanchthonweg can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Rotterdam near Rotterdam Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Busstation Zuidplein, Busstation Rotterdam Centraal, or Busstation Station Lombardijen. If traveling by train, Rotterdam Central Station (Station Rotterdam Centraal), Station Rotterdam Alexander, and Station Rotterdam-Blaak are nearest to Rotterdam Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Rotterdam Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Rotterdam Station are Hotel New York, Hilton Rotterdam Hotel, and SS Rotterdam. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Rotterdam Station are Stayokay Rotterdam, CityHub Rotterdam, and Sparks Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Rotterdam Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Rotterdam Station are McDonald's, Burger King, and Lebkov & Sons Rotterdam.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Rotterdam Station?
Check out the nearby Het Park, Zuiderpark, and Museumpark.