Store Your Luggage Around Rotterdam With Bounce
When looking for the perfect adventurous getaway, head to the port city of Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Rotterdam is in the province of South Holland and offers so many fun and exciting attractions for tourists and locals. Stop by and visit the Pilgrim Fathers’ Church, the same church where the pilgrims came to worship before setting sail for America. This bustling city is filled with bold and modernistic architecture that will leave you amazed. Just don’t walk and ogle at the same time, you might get run over!
When exploring Rotterdam, it will be difficult to believe that this modern city was once a tiny fishing village. Founded during the 13th century, Rotterdam was essential to the Netherlands until 1940 when German bombers destroyed a large portion of the city. The citizens of Rotterdam persevered and rebuilt their city into a lively city that draws millions of people each year. Aside from the modern architecture of the newer skyscrapers, there are old-world Dutch houses that can be toured and museums giving you a glimpse into the history of the city. While in Rotterdam, take full advantage of Bounce’s convenient short-term storage solutions to keep your baggage safe and sound.
Luggage Storage in Rotterdam
When visiting a foreign city, you may a bit intimidated by the cultural differences and not know which way is up. Bounce is here to offer short-term storage solutions for your luggage while you get your bearings and figure out your game plan while exploring this vast city. No need to drag your luggage through the streets advertising that you are a tourist. Bounce has locations throughout Rotterdam for your convenience. Locals have even discovered the convenience of Bounce for storing large, bulky bags while out and about in the city.
Rotterdam City Guide
Top Things to Do
You can easily get overwhelmed when you visit Rotterdam; this sprawling metropolis is always bustling with activity. Take some time to plan out your adventures so you can explore as many attractions as possible while you are here. Finding the must-see attractions, the best shopping, and the tastiest places to eat can be intimidating. Bounce has put together a list of places in Rotterdam you do not want to miss to help get you started.
It is easy to become overwhelmed when you visit Rotterdam. There are so many things to see and do, and you will only have a short period of time to explore. Whether planning on exploring the natural beauty of Rotterdam, learning more about the history of the city, or marveling at the modern architecture, you will find plenty to keep you busy and give you memories that will last a lifetime.
- Rotterdam Zoo: Spend a day wandering through one of the best zoos that the Netherlands has to offer. The Rotterdam Zoo has evolved with the times and has developed enclosures for the animals that mimic their natural habitats. Spend time in the Amazon, head over to Africa, or wander through the Aquarium while you are at the zoo. Wear comfortable shoes, grab a bottle of water at the café, and head out to enjoy the animals.
- Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen: This art museum is also within walking distance of the Natural History Museum in Museumpark. Visit both and enjoy priceless art pieces by Dutch artists such as Daniël George van Beuningen and Frans Jacob Otto Bojimans. Then head over and learn more about the history of the Netherlands.
- Erasmus Bridge: A work of art, the Erasmus Bridge was completed in 1996 and is shaped like a harp suspended over the River Nieuwe Maas. Many residents have nicknamed the bridge “The Swan.” With five different piers, there are two car lanes, two cycle lanes, two footpaths, and two tram rails. You can park in the underground garage and climb the stairs to the footpaths and walk across the bridge. The Erasmus Bridge is lit up at night, creating a beautiful silhouette in the night sky.
No matter why you are visiting Rotterdam, either for pleasure or business, you will want to check out a few shops and maybe pick up a couple of gifts for loved ones back home. Rotterdam has its fair share of shopping malls, chic boutiques, street vendors, and unique markets. You can easily spend your vacation shopping your way through the city.
- Markthal Rotterdam: This huge indoor market is more than just fresh meats and produce. Vendors offer a wide array of ware ranging from kitchenware to clothing to accessories. Spend a lazy morning wander through the market, enjoying samples from some of the food vendors, meeting new people, and learning more about Dutch customs and foods.
- Shopping Center de Binnenhof: This older shopping mall is still a great place to go to find unique gifts and wonderful bargains. Stroll through the mall, window shopping, or browse through the stores. Afterward, grab refreshments at one of the restaurants or cafes inside the mall.
- Koopgoot: Literally translated to “purchase gutter,” Koopgoot has something for everyone with over 40 different shops. Located in downtown Rotterdam, Koopgoot has shops on the main level or head downstairs to the shops underground. Watch your step on the stairs, this is not your typical staircase and is really a tourist attraction all on its own.
While Dutch cuisine may not be high on your list of things to try, there are many tasty Dutch dishes that will please even the pickiest palette. While in Rotterdam, take the opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and try authentic Dutch dishes. You can also enjoy international fare while dining in Rotterdam, such as Italian, Chinese, American, and Japanese.
- Local Cuisine: Be adventurous and spend time tasting your way through Rotterdam. One place you will really want to experience is Het Eethuisje van Delfshaven, a local restaurant serving great home cooking. There is no menu to be handed out; instead, you order off a menu board. Servers are more than willing to offer their assistance when you are ordering.
- Italian: When in Rotterdam, why not try a little Italian food. Several Italian restaurants throughout the city offer delicious dishes, such as Lunchrestaurant Guliano. A great place to grab lunch, Guliano’s offers tasty sandwiches, delectable pastas, and refreshing mimosas. Try the bistecca sandwich or go for one of their vegetarian options, either way, you will enjoy the experience.
- Steakhouse: Steakhouses are few and far between in Rotterdam, but the ones that you do find are spectacular when you are craving a big, juicy steak with all the fixings. There is no menu for you to pick from; instead, you decide how many courses, from three to ten, that you would like to enjoy. Each night the tasting menu changes, but all courses are meat-based, and the servers explain the dishes to you as they are presented.