+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Utrecht
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Utrecht Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Utrecht?" Perhaps you just arrived in Utrecht and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Utrecht!
Luggage storage nearby most Utrecht hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Utrecht and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Utrecht start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Utrecht with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Utrecht without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Located right in the Netherlands' heart, Utrecht is close to the national capital of Amsterdam but has managed to maintain its own identity separate from the larger city. In fact, Utrecht was the religious center of the country as far back as the 8th century. The church's power ensured that Utrecht was the Netherlands' most significant city until the Dutch Golden Age in the 17th century when Amsterdam surpassed it.
Home to the largest university in the country, Utrecht has a young and growing population that gives the city a modern, vibrant atmosphere despite its historical significance. Utrecht also has the busiest train station in the Netherlands, and its central location in the country makes it a transportation hub.
Thanks in part to its young population, the cultural life of Utrecht is second only to Amsterdam. The home of the Netherlands Film Festival and several important music festivals, Utrecht has a thriving art scene, and in 2017 was named a UNESCO City of Literature.
Things to do in Utrecht
Utrecht is a historic city with a modern vibe. The capital of the Utrecht region, this city of 1.3 million has something to offer just about anyone. Whether you want to explore the history of the Netherlands, wander among the flowers, or enjoy a leisurely canal cruise, Utrecht has something for you.
- See Utrecht's most iconic structure at the Dom Tower. Originally built as part of a cathedral that subsequently collapsed, the tower now stands alone. At 368 feet in height, it's the tallest church tower in the country. Best of all, there's an elevator so you can enjoy the panoramic views from the top without having to climb.
- Learn more about the city's history at the Centraal Museum. Founded in 1838, the museum focuses on art and artifacts from the city and the wider region. It explains the place Utrecht has occupied in the history and culture of the Netherlands.
- Enjoy the serenity at Utrecht Botanical Garden. Administered by Utrecht University, the Botanical Garden is home to thousands of different plant species from the Netherlands and around the world. Breathing the fresh air and taking a gentle stroll through the quiet grounds is a perfect way to decompress during your city break.
- See one of the Netherlands' most famous exports at Janskerhof Flower Market. The Tulip has been an icon of the country for centuries, and at this gorgeous floral market, you can pick up some samples for yourself. Not only is this a great spot to pick up souvenirs and gifts for those back home, but it's also a fantastic place for photos.
- Relax on the water with a tour of Utrecht's canals. This low-lying city depends on its network of canals to keep rising waters at bay, and the canals have been integral to the industry and wealth of the city for hundreds of years. Ride on a tour boat and let the guide fill you in on the history of the nearby buildings, or simply relax by the waterside in one of the many cafés and restaurants along Utrecht's endless canal network.
Transit options in Utrecht
- The Netherlands has an extremely well-developed rail network, and Utrecht station is just a short walk from the center of the city. You can reach Utrecht via train from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Paris, Brussels, and many other cities throughout Europe.
- Utrecht's proximity to Amsterdam means it doesn't need an international airport of its own. A direct rail connection leaves Amsterdam Schiphol airport for Utrecht every 15 minutes.
- Getting around and Utrecht is made easy by an enviable bus and tram network. You can get just about anywhere in the city center by using transit, and the service is convenient and reliable.
Luggage storage in Utrecht
The Netherlands is an astonishingly flat country, making it perfect for exploring on foot or by bike. In Utrecht, you'll find that these are the preferred methods of getting around for many local residents. However, carrying bulky bags will soon cut down on your enjoyment.
That's why Bounce provides convenient luggage storage in Utrecht. Drop off any size of bags for as long as you like so you can explore the city more fully. Your back will certainly thank you!
Activities and attractions near Utrecht
- Castle De Haar: The largest castle in the Netherlands is just outside Utrecht. Castle De Haar is an almost fairytale-like structure that has to be seen to be believed. Although a castle has stood on the site since at least 1391, the current building dates back to 1892, which explains its incredible state of preservation. Part of what makes the castle so interesting is its use of construction techniques that were state-of-the-art at the time the castle was restored. Early electrical lighting and steam-generated central heating made this a very modern castle when it was built. It's no wonder the castle and its extensive grounds are often used for Renaissance and fantasy fairs. Leave your bags behind at a Utrecht luggage storage shop so you can explore this magical place for yourself.
- Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park: Approximately half an hour from Utrecht, the 25,000-acre Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park is one of the largest areas of forest in the country. Founded to protect a glacial ridge, this national park is home to wildlife such as badgers and pine martens and over 100 species of birds. It's the perfect place to explore on foot or by bike or even on horseback and enjoy a more natural side to the Netherlands.
- Amsterdam: Of course, Utrecht is only about half an hour by train from the capital of the Netherlands. Amsterdam is a legendary tourist destination and a place you need to visit at least once in your life. Whether it's the stunning museums and art galleries, the beautiful canals, or the hedonistic bars and cafés of the red light district that most interest you, you won't regret making the short trip to the big city. Be sure to leave any heavy bags with a luggage storage service in Utrecht before making the trip to Amsterdam.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Utrecht?
The price for luggage storage in Utrecht is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Is it safe to store your bags in Utrecht?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Utrecht.
Are there storage lockers in Utrecht?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Utrecht. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Utrecht where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.