Rated 4.9/5 (153,799 ratings)
Luggage Storage Savannah
Instantly reserve the best locations in Savannah to store your luggage for just $8.90 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Savannah Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Savannah?" Perhaps you just arrived in Savannah and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Tanger Factory Outlet Center, Old Navy, or Nine Line Apparel and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Tybee Island Pier, Forsyth Park Savannah Georgia, or Port Of Savannah and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Savannah!
Luggage storage nearby most Savannah hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Savannah and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Savannah start at just $8.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Savannah now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Wilmington Park Pier, and Panera Bread. You can also go for a hike around J F Gregory City Park, Whitemarsh Preserve Trail, and Islands YMCA Walking Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Wet Willie's, Cotton Exchange, and Moon River Brewing Company.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Savannah with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Savannah without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage around Savannah with Bounce
The oldest city in the state of Georgia, Savannah is the definition of the idyllic Southern town with its cobblestone streets, rustic mansions, historic buildings, and green parks full of trees and fountains. Established in 1733, Savannah is located on the Atlantic coast by the Savannah River. While it has transformed into a modern city and a major hub, Savannah still retains its historic charm with plenty of places and experiences to offer. With so much to see and explore in Savannah, both residents and visitors will benefit from using Bounce’s short-term bag and luggage storage services during their stay in the city.
Luggage Storage in Savannah
Bounce has several partners in the form of local businesses to provide users with an option to store their bags and luggage short-term. Our partners are strategically located around Savannah – from major transportation hubs to popular neighborhoods. Our mission is to provide you with a hassle-free experience during your stay in the city.
Savannah City Guide
Top Things to Do
With an endless list of sights and attractions to see in Savannah, it can be really easy to miss out on some must-see gems in the city, especially if you are on a tight schedule. Luckily, Bounce has put together a city guide to help you maximize your trip.
Being one of the oldest towns in America, it’s no surprise that Savannah has a rich history and culture. This status is evident in the number of museums found in the city – from old 19th-century sites to more contemporary buildings. Whether you are a history buff or a modernist, there’s plenty of options to see.
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Museum of Art: The SCAD Museum of Art was established in 2002 as a way to educate students of the university and to showcase an extensive collection of contemporary art, including works of renowned artists such as Masud Olufani and Saya Woolfalk. (Bag-check policy: Visitors are not allowed to bring big bags and backpacks into the museum, and small bags are subject to screening. There are Bounce partners in the SCAD area where you can leave your bags.)
- Pin Point Heritage Museum: Situated in the Moon River District, the Pin Point Heritage Museum showcases the unique history of the Gullah and Geechee communities, which are the only African-American Creole ethnicities in North America. Visitors learn about the fascinating culture of these communities and how they lived before. (Bag-check policy: There is no coatroom available in the museum. However, visitors may opt to leave their luggage in select Bounce partners within the Moon River District.)
- Webb Military Museum: Found in historic Downtown Savannah, the Webb Military Museum houses the biggest and most prolific collection of military artifacts collected throughout history. Founded by Gary Webb decades ago, the museum pays homage to men who were in service throughout different periods. (Bag-check policy: Large bags are not allowed inside the museum. Visitors may choose to use any of Bounce’s partners Downtown to temporarily store their luggage.)
If you like to shop ‘til you drop, you’ll find that Savannah is the perfect place for you. The city is filled with all kinds of shops – from big brands to family-run boutiques and independent stores. Check out Bounce’s guide to shopping in Savannah:
- Designer brands: For the hardcore shoppers who want brand name retailers, chain stores, and hip boutiques, head on over to the popular Broughton Street. The district has gained a reputation as one of Savannah’s top shopping destinations and features stores such as Banana Republic, H&M, Marc Jacobs, and Urban Outfitters, to name a few.
- Souvenirs: If you want to buy a souvenir as a reminder of your time in Savannah, the best place to visit would be River Street. This cobblestone street, which overlooks the Savannah River, features an array of shops that carry all kinds of goodies. Shop for T-shirts, magnets, key chains, accessories, and much more. It’s definitely a one-stop shop for all things Savannah.
- Specialty and novelty products: For a more cultural shopping experience, the City Market is definitely the place to check out. The four-block market has been around since the early 1700s. It is home to several art galleries, clothing boutiques, specialty retailers, and other locally-owned businesses.
Savannah is a dream destination for food lovers because of its diverse and eclectic dining scene. Even though the city is primarily known for coastal and Southern cuisine, there are plenty of other culinary choices to enjoy while in the city. Here are some of Bounce’s top restaurant picks.
- Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room: Established in 1946, Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room is a Southern family-style restaurant with a mission to not leave a single person hungry. This restaurant is basically an institution in Savannah, serving classic Southern food such as fried chicken, cornbread, macaroni and cheese, and butter beans. No reservations are taken, so expect a long queue. Try to come as early as you can.
- The Olde Pink House: The Olde Pink House is an iconic restaurant in Savannah that’s located in the famous Reynolds Square. A must-try in your culinary tour of the city, the restaurant features a seasonal menu consisting of sweet and savory dishes. The Olde Pink House’s architecture is also worth checking out as it is nestled in the only standing 18th-century mansion in the city.
- Leopold’s Ice Cream: If you’re looking for dessert, ice cream is an excellent choice; let’s face it, everybody loves ice cream. Any person in Savannah would tell you that the best place to get this sweet treat is the legendary Leopold’s Ice Cream Parlor. The retro-looking shop has ice cream family recipes that have been passed on from generations. In fact, Leopold’s is so well-known that their ice cream was once named the 5th best in the entire world.
The area that we now know as Savannah, Georgia has long been the home of the Yamacraw people. However, the region became an overseas colony of the United Kingdom in 1751. Years later, when the American Revolution began, ownership of Savannah switched back and forth between American and British forces for several years. By the end of the Revolution, Georgia was officially incorporated into the United States. Savannah served as Georgia’s state capital for several years, until Atlanta took its place in 1877. These days, Savannah is famous for its strong manufacturing companies and numerous tourist attractions. A myriad of historic sites are open to visitors year-round – specifically in the city’s Historic District. Savannah is also the place to be if you’re a patron of the arts.
Before you visit Savannah, we’d like to share the city’s crime stats with you. According to the National Crime Index, Savannah ranks at 17 out of the top 100 safest cities in America. Cities that rank closer to 1 report much more criminal activity than cities closer to 100. Our data suggests that Savannah is safer than 17% of American cities. In terms of raw numbers, Savannah’s citizens report approximately 4,080 crimes per year. Thankfully, only 582 of these reports are considered violent crimes. Unfortunately, nearly 3,500 reports are property-related crimes. Bounce is a 24 hour, 7 days a week luggage storage service that can help you protect your property. While visiting Savannah, look for a Bounce luggage storage location to safely stow your bags when needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
“What’s the best way to get around Savannah?”
- Public transportation is considered to be the best way for visitors to get around Savannah. The Chatham Area Transit (CAT) system is your best bet; you can use one of CAT’s 15 bus routes to quickly and affordably travel around Savannah.
“Is public transportation in Savannah safe?”
- Absolutely! Between the security guards and peace officers who keep things on an even keel, and Savannah’s relatively low crime rate, you likely won’t have any trouble during your commute.
“What’s the best neighborhood to stay in Savannah?”
- Savannah’s previously mentioned Historic District is popular with both locals and tourists. The area features numerous hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers, reports much less crime than other districts in Savannah, and is also the home of several famous landmarks.
“What are the best museums to visit in Savannah?”
- Savannah has more forts, statues, historic houses, and monuments then you can shake a stick at. However, some of the city’s most popular exhibits include Old Fort Jackson, the Harper Fowlkes House, and the Savannah History Museum.
“What’s the best time of year to visit Savannah?”
- Spring is the best time to visit Savannah, Georgia – specifically, any time between March and July. You’ll get to see the city in full bloom, and you won’t have to spend a lot to do so.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Savannah?
The price for luggage storage in Savannah is just $8.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Savannah?
There are multiple locations all around Savannah which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Tybee Island Pier, Forsyth Park Savannah Georgia, Port Of Savannah and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Savannah?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Savannah.
Are there storage lockers in Savannah?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Savannah. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Savannah where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Savannah?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Chick-Fil-A, Vic's On the River, and McDonald's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Savannah are JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, Hyatt Regency Savannah, and SpringHill Suites by Marriott Savannah Downtown/Historic District.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Savannah?
Savannah offers several scenic parks including Daffin Park, Lake Mayer Park, and Oatland Island Wildlife Center.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Savannah?
You can find local tourist information at Ghosts & Gravestones Trolley Tour, Old Savannah Tours, and Savannah's Riverboat Cruises.