Luggage Storage Sofia Airport
Instantly reserve the best locations near Sofia Airport to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Sofia Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Sofia Airport?" Perhaps you just arrived in Sofia and need a place to store your bags near Sofia Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bulgaria Mall, Sky City Mall, or Reserved and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Подлезът на СУ or Pancharevo Lake (Езеро Панчарево (Pancharevo Lake)) .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Sofia Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Sofia Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Sofia with multiple locations near Sofia Airport.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Sofia Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Sofia Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Costa Coffee, Sofia Zoo (Зоопарк София), and LATE Café & Roastery. You can also go for a hike around Пътека Тихия Кът - Кладница, Пътеката Бистрица-Железница, and Vitosha Natural Park (Природен парк Витоша). And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Memento, Maison’s, and Маймунарника.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Sofia Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Sofia Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Sofia Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Sofia Airport really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Sofia Airport and Sofia without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Sofia!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Sofia!View City
About Sofia Airport
With over seven million passengers a year, Sofia is not only Bulgaria's busiest airport, but one of the busiest in the region. It's an important hub for visitors to Eastern Europe, and as tourism becomes more common in this nation, Sofia airport looks set to keep on growing.
It wasn't always this way. Sofia airport first opened in 1939, just in time for the Second World War. Although the facility was originally intended for passenger aircraft, it quickly became a military facility. Following the war, the airport returned to the civilian usage it was meant for in 1947. The main passenger terminal, designed to look like a European rail station, opened at this time.
By the 1960s, the existing terminal had reached its capacity. An extension was added in 1975, and refurbishment continued throughout the 1980s and 1990s. However, in the 1990s, the usage of Sofia airport dropped dramatically. It didn't pick up again to its former level until the early 2000s when Bulgaria finally began to feel the effects of the late 20th century tourist boom.
Bulgaria is still relatively unexplored by foreign visitors, but this is rapidly changing. And as it does, Sophia Airport becomes an increasingly popular destination. Interior renovations and a new runway and control tower added in the early 21st century have positioned the airport to grow in the future.
Things to do near Sofia Airport
Sophia Airport lies around six miles east of the center of the Bulgarian capital. Public transportation options make it easy to reach the city, so you won't have to travel far from the airport to begin exploring this unique region.
- Stretch your legs at Sofia Airport Park. This patch of green space has hiking trails surrounding an artificial lake and is the perfect place to stretch your legs between flights. Bordered by the river Iskar, it's a great addition to the bustling airport.
- Take a tour of Sofia in a retro tram. The city was one of the first in Europe to get an electric tram system, and one of the 1930s trams has been preserved. A knowledgeable guide will explain more about the city as you travel on this unique streetcar that leaves from close to the airport.
- Learn more about Bulgaria's history of conflict at the National Museum of Military History. The specialized museum tells the tale of Bulgaria's involvement in central European wars, from its quest for independence to its role in the First and Second World Wars. Don't miss the many tanks and armored vehicles parked outside just waiting to be explored.
- Get classic Bulgarian photos at Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. This massive church is an icon of the city and one of the largest cathedrals in southeast Europe. The brightly colored domes of this Orthodox Cathedral make an unforgettable sight, and the crypt houses a stunning collection of icons.
- Go shopping on Vitosha Boulevard. This is the most upscale street in Sofia, and is popular with Russian oligarchs and their big-spending wives. But although Bulgaria isn't as cheap as it used to be, it can also be a great place to pick up bargains. Prices here are far lower than you would find in any capital of Western Europe, making it a great place to live like a millionaire – on a smaller budget.
Transit options near Sofia Airport
- Sofia Airport is the hub for national carrier Bulgaria Air and is also served by many other airlines. Direct flights come here from London, Paris, Dublin, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Rome, Moscow, Tel Aviv, and many other destinations throughout Europe and beyond.
- Metro line 1 connects to the station at Terminal 2 and takes twenty to thirty minutes to reach the city center. A free shuttl ebus brings passengers from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 to take advantage of the Metro.
- Bus 84 connects both terminals of the airport with the city center. Note that large bags are subject to an additional fee to travel on the bus, so it might be better to leave them at a luggage storage facility in Sofia airport first.
Luggage storage near Sofia Airport
Thanks to its proximity to the center of the city and its convenient transit links, Sofia airport makes it easy to reach the capital city. You won't have to wait long before you can see what makes this city so unique.
Let Bounce make things easier by giving you a place to store heavy bags. Drop off any size of bags for and know they'll be safely stored until you're ready to pick them up. It'll be much easier to experience everything Sophia has to offer if you're not carrying more than you need to.
Activities and attractions near Sofia Airport
- Vitosha Mountain: Get out of the city and high above it all at Vitosha Mountain. This 7,000-foot peak towers over the surrounding countryside. In the winter, it's a ski resort complete with a gondola to help your ascent of the mountain. In the summer, it's the perfect place to go for a hike and drink in gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. Whenever you go, Vitosha Mountain is guaranteed to impress. Make your journey easier on yourself by leaving any heavy bags at a luggage storage locker in Sofia airport before you make your ascent.
- Park Vrana: See the home of the last Tsar of Bulgaria at Park Vrana. Forced to go into exile in 1946, Simeon II made a surprising return to lead his country as Prime Minister in 2001. His former stately home is now open to visitors to enjoy this grand mansion and learn more about the turbulent history behind it. Leave your heavy bags at a luggage locker at Sofia Airport so you don't have to carry more than you need to.
- Varna: Head to one of Eastern Europe's most popular seaside resorts at Varna. Located on the shores of the Black Sea, this resort town is popular with Bulgarians, Russians, and people from all over Eastern Europe. Bathe in the clear waters and enjoy the sunshine on the well-groomed beaches, and you'll see a completely different side to Bulgaria than you will in the capital city.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Sofia Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Sofia Airport is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Sofia Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Sofia Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Sofia Airport (SOF) (Летище София), Terminal 2 (Терминал 2), and Terminal 1 (Терминал 1) and all over Sofia.
Is it safe to store your bags near Sofia Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Sofia Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Sofia Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Sofia Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Sofia Airport and in the broader Sofia area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Sofia Airport?
Popular metro stations like National Palace of Culture station (Метростанция Национален Дворец на Културата), Vitosha Station (Метростанция Витоша), or Bulgaria blvd Station (Метростанция “бул. България”) can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Sofia near Sofia Airport, you may be close to some bus stations: Central Bus Station (Централна автогара), Спирка "Окръжна болница" 1196, or Serdika Bus Station (Автогара Сердика). If traveling by train, Central Railway Station (Централна Гара), Iskar Railway Station (ЖП Гара Искър), and Poduyane Train Station (Гара Подуяне) are nearest to Sofia Airport.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Sofia Airport?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Sofia Airport are Hotel Marinela, Grand Hotel Milennium Sofia, and Hyatt Regency Sofia. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Sofia Airport are Hostel Mostel, Hotel Orient Express, and hostel 123.
Where are the best restaurants near Sofia Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Sofia Airport are Happy Bar & Grill, Low & Slow Gentlemen, and Pizza Victoria.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Sofia Airport?
Check out the nearby Borisova Garden (Борисова градина), South Park (Южен парк), and Zaimov Park (Парк Заимов).