Luggage Storage Valletta City Gate
Instantly reserve the best locations near Valletta City Gate to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Valletta City Gate Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Valletta City Gate?" Perhaps you just arrived in Valletta and need a place to store your bags near Valletta City Gate before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at KIABI, Main Street, or Galleria Shopping Complex and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Valletta Waterfront, Blue Grotto (Taħt il-Ħnejja), or St. Peter's Pool .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Valletta City Gate!
Luggage storage nearby Valletta City Gate with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Valletta with multiple locations near Valletta City Gate.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Valletta City Gate area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Valletta City Gate area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Top Of The World - Għargħur, Cafe Pascucci, and Upper Barrakka Gardens (Il-Barrakka ta' Fuq). You can also go for a hike around Way of the Cross, Maqluba, and Buskett Gardens. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Friendly Bar, Jungle Joy, and Down the Rabbit Hole.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Valletta City Gate area?
✅Multiple locations near Valletta City Gate✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Valletta City Gate with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Valletta City Gate really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Valletta City Gate and Valletta without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Valletta!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Valletta!View City
About Valletta City Gate
In the middle of the Mediterranean Sea close to the coast of North Africa, Malta has always been of great strategic importance for the various powers that have tried to rule the Mediterranean. As a result, Malta’s history has been one of warfare and repeated conquest. If ever a city needed substantial defenses, Valletta did.
The legacy of these defenses is the walls that surround the city and the imposing city gate that lets visitors in. Standing on the southwestern edge of Valletta's Old Town, the gate is where buses from the airport drop off the millions of tourists that visit every year. While the first gate at this location was built in 1569, the current incarnation dates to 2014 and is the work of Italian architect Renzo Piano. The gate incorporates design elements of the Baroque city while using elements of steel to give it a more modern flare. As the door to the city, Valletta city gate offers a perfect introduction to the many contradictions of the city and the unique country it's part of.
Things to do near Valletta city gate
As well as being one of Europe’s most southern capital cities, Valletta is one of the smallest. Although the city has outgrown its ancient walls, the parts of most interest to tourists are still behind the gate. As a point of entry to Valletta, the gate is close to many of the city’s main attractions. From here, you can:
- Come face-to-face with a masterpiece at St. John's Co-Cathedral. This ornate church is a grand monument by itself, but is best known for containing two paintings by legendary Baroque artist Caravaggio. Hired by the Knights of Malta who used to rule the city, the artist was eventually forced to flee in disgrace, but not before leaving some of his best work in this magnificent church.
- Dive deep into the past at the National Archaeological Museum. Malta is home to some of the oldest human settlements, not just in Europe but anywhere in the world. The incredible artifacts at the National Archaeological Museum date back to 5200 BC and offer a rare opportunity to learn about the culture of our distant ancestors.
- Take in sweeping views at Upper Barrakka Gardens. For all its historical importance, Valletta is also an incredibly scenic city. The Upper Barrakka Gardens celebrate this fact by offering a panoramic view of Valletta's Grand Harbour. Don't miss the Saluting Battery to see the cannons fire over the harbor every day at noon and 4 PM.
- Relive a tense time in history at the Lascaris War Rooms. Malta's strategic importance meant it played a significant role in the Second World War. The bunker from which war operations were run during 1940s has been preserved just as it was at the time.
- Take a sunset cruise through Valletta's Grand Harbour. The Baroque architecture of the city never looks better than when it catches the fading light from Malta's reliably sunny sky. The tour guide will explain the importance of what you're seeing while you drink in the perfect weather and the ambiance of this fascinating city.
- Treat yourself to some pastizzi. This traditional Maltese savory pastry is filled with spiced peas and is absolutely delicious. While you can get these treats just about anywhere in Valletta, see if you can get an outdoor table at Caffe Cordina, a Valletta institution that has been in business for over 175 years.
Transit options at Valletta City Gate
- From Valletta City Gate, bus route 133 runs through the Old Town, visiting the most popular tourist attractions.
- Bus routes X2, X3, and X4 run from Malta International Airport to Valletta city gate.
- Valletta city gate has a large bus station where you can catch buses to take you all over the island, including to the nearby cruise ship terminal.
Luggage storage at Valletta City Gate
No matter how you get to Malta, chances are your exploration of the capital city will start at Valletta city gate. This small city is highly walkable, but there are plenty of steep hills and staircases to climb as you explore. For that reason, you don’t want to carry any more than you absolutely need to.
Leaving your luggage near Valletta city gate will allow you to explore not just the city, but the rest of this small country in comfort. As well as the attractions of Valletta, there is plenty more to see in Malta. Track down a Bounce location and drop off your things so you can travel light.
Attractions and activities near Valetta
- Blue Grotto: Malta's famous Blue Grotto is a beautiful sea cave on the south coast of the island. Only accessible by water, you can pay local operators to bring you there and admire Malta's ruggedly beautiful coast and gorgeous warm sea. The photos you'll capture are incredible, and Malta's reliably sunny weather means you can participate in this activity almost year-round. The small boat is no place for large bags, so make sure you leave them at a luggage storage service in Malta before heading out on the water.
- Malta temples: Malta is home to Stone Age temples that are some of the oldest buildings on earth. The mysterious temples at Hagar Qim and Ggantija were already ancient before the pyramids were built. We may never know the true purpose and function of these monuments, but it's fun to explore and speculate. Visiting the temples can mean a substantial walk on rough trails, so leave your heavy bags at a luggage storage in Valletta and take a journey back in time.
- Malta Marine Park: With its warm and crystal clear seas, Malta is one of Europe's top destinations for swimming. But at Malta Marine Park, you can take things up a notch by swimming with dolphins. The 30-minute adventure allows you to get up and close with these friendly marine mammals in the controlled environment of a pool. This popular activity should be booked well in advance.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Valletta City Gate?
The price for luggage storage near Valletta City Gate is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Valletta City Gate?
There are multiple locations in the Valletta City Gate area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Rabat 2 Bus Stop, Gozo Bus Terminus, and Malta International Airport (MLA) (Ajruport Internazzjonali ta' Malta) and all over Valletta.
Is it safe to store your bags near Valletta City Gate?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Valletta City Gate.
Are there storage lockers near Valletta City Gate?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Valletta City Gate area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Valletta City Gate and in the broader Valletta area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Valletta City Gate?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Valletta City Gate are Hilton Malta, InterContinental Malta, and The Waterfront Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Valletta City Gate are NSTS Campus Residence & Hostel, Hostel Marco Polo, and Hostel Malti.
Where are the best restaurants near Valletta City Gate?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Valletta City Gate are Queens, McDonald's, and Madliena Lodge.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Valletta City Gate?
Check out the nearby Pembroke Fields, Bandli, and Gebel San Martin Park.