Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE)
Instantly reserve the best locations near Venice Marco Polo Airport to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Venice Marco Polo Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Venice Marco Polo Airport?" Perhaps you just arrived in Venice and need a place to store your bags near Venice Marco Polo Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Alì Camponogara, Centro Commerciale Laguna, or Noventa di Piave Designer Outlet and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Punta Sabbioni, Lido Beach (Spiaggia Lido di Venezia), or Piazza Brescia .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Venice Marco Polo Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Venice Marco Polo Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Venice with multiple locations near Venice Marco Polo Airport.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Venice Marco Polo Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Venice Marco Polo Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Bar Al Pescatore SNC di Esposito Antonio & C., Jerry's Cafè, and Bottega del Caffè Dersut. You can also go for a hike around Il Parco degli Alberi Parlanti, Ente Parco Naturale Regionale Del Fiume Sile, and Cave di Noale - Oasi Wwf. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Hotel NH Venezia Laguna Palace, Bar Harry, and Soul Kitchen.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Venice Marco Polo Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Venice Marco Polo Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Venice Marco Polo Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Venice Marco Polo Airport really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Venice Marco Polo Airport and Venice without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Venice!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Venice!View City
About Venice Marco Polo Airport
Venice is famous for its canals, but that doesn't mean you have to reach the city by boat. Located on the mainland five miles north of the city and its lagoon, Venice Marco Polo is an international airport and the fourth busiest in Italy. More than 11 million passengers use the airport every year.
Marco Polo airport has grown fast. The airport didn't even exist until 1960. To build it, the Italian government had to embark on a major landfill project to fill up the lagoon and create the land the airport is built on. However, by the time the airport was built, Venice was already very much on the radar of international tourists. So the airport became popular from its inception. Over the years, it has grown steadily to keep up with increasing demand. A brand-new terminal was opened in 2002 but is already at full capacity.
Fittingly named after famed Venetian explorer Marco Polo, the airport is the gateway to one of the world's most beautiful cities. Flights across Europe and all over the world land at Venice Marco Polo every day to bring travelers to this unique place.
Things to do near Venice Marco Polo Airport
The airport may not be an attraction by itself, but its proximity to the city means you won't have to go far to find some interesting things to do. Whether you're in Venice on a layover or for a longer trip, you’ll be able to experience what the city has to offer.
- Get the perfect photo opportunity at Burano. Close to the airport and a little off the regular tourist trail, this group of islands is known for the brightly painted houses that seem almost too colorful to be real.
- Stretch your legs at San Giuliano Park. Located in Mestre, the mainland-based modern town of Venice, this park offers views over the lagoon and the city itself and is a great place to get some exercise between flights.
- Treat yourself to the ultimate Venice experience with a gondola ride. Yes, it's a tourist cliché. But it's also the most enchanting way to see this city of bridges and canals. Gondola rides aren't cheap, but they are an unforgettable experience.
- Take in the vibrant St. Mark's Square. The traditional heart of Venice, this massive city square is home to the beautiful building of St. Mark's Basilica and is the bustling center of the city. Treat yourself to some gelato or even a meal and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Ride a vaporetto along the Grand Canal. These boats serve as Venice's public transportation system, and so they are a cheap way to get out on the water. Make sure to get a spot near the side of the boat for some fantastic photo opportunities as you cruise.
Transit options at Venice Marco Polo Airport
- Bus routes 15 and 45 connect the airport to Mestre Train station. From there, trains travel on a bridge over the water to the old town of Venice.
- Bus route 5 runs from the airport to Piazzale Roma, the main bus station in Venice which occupies the last island before the road stops altogether. From there, you can explore the whole city on foot, or cross a single bridge to a vaporetto stop that will take you anywhere in the city you need to go.
- Alilaguna water taxis travel direct from the airport to the city. The Gold Line will take you straight to Piazza San Marco, while other lines will take you to other destinations in Venice.
Luggage storage at Venice Marco Polo Airport
Venice's watery location is what makes the city so charming, but it can also make it difficult to get around. Venice's old town has no roads, and the canals serve the same function that streets would in other cities. No matter what you plan to do in Venice, you'll find yourself doing plenty of walking along the narrow cobbled alleyways between the ancient buildings.
Make your trip easier on yourself by dropping your heavy bags off at a Bounce luggage storage locker near Venice Marco Polo Airport. No matter how many bags you have or how long you need them stored for, you won’t need to give your luggage a second thought until you’re ready to pick it up.
Activities and attractions near Venice Marco Polo Airport
- Murano: Explore a quieter side of Venice in the Murano district. Famous for its blown glass, you can visit the workshops here and see the exquisite glass being made before buying some to take home. Murano is just as full of canals, restaurants, bars, and quaint shops as Venice is, but it's often far less crowded with tourists. It's a great place to visit to see a quieter side of the region. Just remember to leave your heavy bags behind at a Venice luggage storage service before taking the boat out to these islands.
- Beach day: It's normally the city people think of when it comes to Venice, not the beach. But the truth is, Venice has been a beach destination for over a hundred years. Venice's main beach, the Lido di Venezia, is full of hotels and restaurants ready to serve beachgoers. The many islands in the lagoon have beaches to suit all tastes. Leave your bags behind at a luggage storage facility in Venice and treat yourself to a beach day under the Italian sun.
- San Giorgio Maggiore: Get an astonishing — and underappreciated — view of the city from San Giorgio Maggiore. This little-known island can be reached by vaporetto from Venice, and is worth visiting for its famous monastery and church. But best of all, it has a tall campanile or belltower very similar to the one in St. Mark's Square, except without the long lines to climb it. Plus, climbing this tower gives you a view of the city from across the lagoon that's perfect for photos.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Venice Marco Polo Airport
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Venice Marco Polo Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Venice Marco Polo Airport is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Venice Marco Polo Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Venice Marco Polo Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Venice Airport (VCE) (Aeroporto di Venezia), Stazione Treviso Centrale, and Stazione di Lancenigo and all over Venice.
Is it safe to store your bags near Venice Marco Polo Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Venice Marco Polo Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Venice Marco Polo Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Venice Marco Polo Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Venice Marco Polo Airport and in the broader Venice area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Venice Marco Polo Airport?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Venice Marco Polo Airport are Hotel Carlton On Grand Canal, Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano, and Hotel Danieli. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Venice Marco Polo Airport are Ao Hotels And Hostels Venezia SRL, Anda Venice Hostel, and Generator Venice.
Where are the best restaurants near Venice Marco Polo Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Venice Marco Polo Airport are Pasticceria Zavan, Istanbul Solaro Kebab, and Caffè Florian (Florian).
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Venice Marco Polo Airport?
Check out the nearby Parco Alfredo Albanese, Parco Ponci, and Parco Hayez.