York Station Luggage Storage
Instantly reserve the best locations near York Station to store your luggage for just £5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
York Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near York Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in York and need a place to store your bags near York Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Trinity Leeds, The Light, or The Merrion Centre and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Valley Gardens, Rievaulx Abbey, or Park Square .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near York Station!
Luggage storage nearby York Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in York with multiple locations near York Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the York Station area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the York Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Morrisons Boroughbridge Cafe, 200 Degrees Coffee, and Haute Dolci. You can also go for a hike around Clifton Backies Nature Reserve, Barlow Nature Reserve, and Millington Woods. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Ship Inn, York Tap, and Sizzling Pub.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the York Station area?
✅Multiple locations near York Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near York Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to York Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy York Station and York without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in York!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in York!View City
About York Station
York's location in the north of England close to Scotland makes it central to Britain as a whole. For that reason, York's train station was the largest in the world when it opened in 1877. Although railway stations in London later eclipsed it, its location approximately halfway between the English and Scottish capital cities of London and Edinburgh means York remains an important station.
When York first opened, it had 13 platforms. As the railway network grew, more platforms were added in the early 20th century, and by 1910, 350 trains per day traveled through York Station. Known for its unusual curved iron and glass roof, the station was heavily damaged by bombing during World War II. After the war, the station was renovated, with careful attention devoted to maintaining its 19th-century characteristics. In 1968, it was designated as a Grade II Listed historic building.
A decline in rail travel and the growing popularity of cars and planes saw the station reduce its platforms to 11 in the 1980s. However, York station remains the gateway to the city for many visitors. Located close to everything that York has to offer, York station is the first port of call for many of the city's millions of annual visitors.
Things to do near York Station
York station sits just across the River Ouse from the historic heart of the city. It's only a short walk from the station to many of York's most popular attractions. Therefore, the railway station makes the ideal gateway into the city.
- Step back in time without leaving the station at the National Railway Museum. Due to the historic importance of York Station, it was chosen as the site for the National Railway Museum, opened in 1975. The museum is home to trains and rolling stock dating back to the very origins of the railway in the 19th century, and makes a fascinating place to visit right next station itself.
- For a gorier take on history, check out the York dungeon. This unusual attraction dives straight into some of the darker chapters of York's history. Live actors re-create 2,000 years of history, exploring witches, the plague, the Vikings, and the War of the Roses. It's a fun way to get an overview of the complex history of York.
- Take in views over the city at Clifford's Tower. This impressive tower is all that remains of William the Conqueror's original castle in York. Over the years, the substantial tower has served as a Royal mint and a prison, and on-site exhibitions tell a fascinating story while you wander the atmospheric ruin.
- See the way the castle looked in its heyday at York Castle Museum. Housed in the prison building that was constructed on the castle grounds, this unusual museum re-creates several periods of York history, including a Victorian Street, the old prison cells, and the castle's medieval period.
- Explore Viking York at Jorvik Viking Center. This time capsule re-creates the sights, sounds, and even the smells of the Viking town once known as Jorvik. One of York's most popular attractions, the Viking center carries guests through Viking town on mechanical carriages, making it more of a theme-park ride that it is a museum.
Transit options near York Station
- York station is a key part of the British rail network and has excellent rail connections to cities throughout the region, such as Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, and beyond. Trains leave York station for every city in mainland Britain.
- Leeds Bradford airport is the closest airport to York, and can be reached in around 45 minutes. For international visitors, Manchester Airport is one of the biggest in the country, and has a direct rail link to York station, making the city easy to reach from destinations throughout the world.
- York station is well-connected to the city's bus routes. Route 36, 37, 747, and several express buses all stop right outside the station's main entrance and can take you just about anywhere in the city.
Luggage storage in York Station
The layout of the center of York long predates the invention of the car, so York is an extremely walkable city. In fact, many of York's most interesting districts, such as the medieval Shambles area, are best explored on foot. So drop off your heavy bags at a convenient Bounce luggage storage location in York and start walking. You can leave any size of bags for as little or as much time as you like, making it far easier to explore this fascinating British city.
Activities and attractions near York Station
- York Minister: See one of the world's most stunning churches at York Minster. One of the largest cathedrals in northern Europe, York Minster dates back to the Roman period. The current structure was completed in 1472, and the elaborate architecture and stained-glass windows of this medieval masterpiece have to be seen to be believed. Note that large bags are not permitted inside York Minster, so be sure to leave them with a luggage storage service in York before you visit.
- Carriage tour: Explore the city in a unique way with a carriage ride. The medieval streets of York's famous Shambles district seem even more atmospheric when they echo to the hoofbeats of horses. Take a tour of the most charming part of the ancient city and relax in a horse-drawn carriage while the knowledgeable guide explains the significance of what you're seeing. Make your ride more comfortable - and easier on the horse - by leaving any heavy bags at a luggage storage shop in York before you head out.
- Ghost walk: Any town as old as York is bound to have its share of ghosts. Explore the supernatural on a ghost walk through the city to hear the most bloodcurdling tales from the past. York claims to be the most haunted city in Europe, and whether you believe that or not, these tours make a quirky and interesting way to learn more about the most fascinating tales of the city. Make the tour easier on yourself by dropping any large bags at a York luggage storage spot so that you can travel lighter.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near York Station?
The price for luggage storage near York Station is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near York Station?
There are multiple locations in the York Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Leeds Railway Station, Selby Railway Station (SBY), and Temple Green Park and Ride and all over York.
Is it safe to store your bags near York Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near York Station.
Are there storage lockers near York Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the York Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby York Station and in the broader York area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near York Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near York Station are The Parsonage Country House Hotel, The Grand Hotel & Spa, and Travelodge. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near York Station are YHA York, Safestay York, and St. Pauls Lodge.
Where are the best restaurants near York Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near York Station are Il Treno Ristorante, McDonald's, and York Theatre Royal.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near York Station?
Check out the nearby Westfield Wood, Deans Park, and Victoria Park.