Mallorca, the largest of the Balearic Islands off the east coast of Spain, is a phenomenally popular tourist destination. And Palma, the capital of the island, is a city that welcomes around 30 million tourists every year.
It’s not hard to see why. Situated in the Mediterranean, Mallorca offers incredible beaches and stunning scenery. The island is also home to an internationally famous party scene. The beach clubs and nightclubs host some of the world’s top DJs and dance music acts, making Mallorca one of the main places where Europeans and visitors from further afield go to party.
However, with a history of settlement that goes back 9,000 years, Mallorca has plenty of cultural attractions too, and Palma is the best place to explore them. Leave your bags behind at a Palma luggage storage locker and enjoy everything the island has to offer.
8 Best Ways to Experience Palma de Mallorca 2024
This Spanish island city is a mixture of modern beachside sophistication juxtapositioned against its 13th century Gothic cathedral and Moorish style Arab fortress. At one moment you might be shopping for top-end designer brands, and at the next, find yourself wandering through a maze of cobbled streets that date back hundreds of years.
To fully benefit from the adventures that you will undoubtedly have on any stay here, you will need to store your bags and travel freely. Bounce luggage storage services have thought of this and have teamed up with local businesses to offer safe and convenient storage in over a thousand cities both here and throughout the world.
Best Driving Tours – Mallorca Driving-Tour
There is a great deal to discover on this Spanish island paradise and what better way to explore than in a classic convertible car? Mallorca Driving Tours offers several different options for the classic car enthusiast. You can pick one of their four accompanied tours, and have a guide drive you to some of the best sites or you can choose a car and explore at your own pace. Whichever option you choose, you will get to see Palma in style with the wind blowing in your hair.
Call 34-606-38-26-28 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Segway Tour – Segway Palma
There are several points that make Segway the ideal way to explore Palma. Much of the coast is both flat and paved, there are numerous easy-to-access historic sites, and it is just such a fun way to travel. Segway Palma offers a fifteen-minute training session for those uninitiated in this mode of travel and then it's off on your adventure. Groups are restricted to six people and children must be older than twelve. The minimum weight requirement is 40 kilograms with a maximum of 120.
To book your glide through Palma email at email@example.com or call them on 34-605-66-63-65
Best Bike Tours – Call and Ride
The bike always offers a great way to cover lots of ground, but still allows you to truly experience the ambiance and vibe of the city. This company offers a choice of five guided circuits with guides who can explain what you are witnessing in three different languages. If you prefer to do your own thing, they are happy to drop off your bike at your hotel so that you can explore from there. They also offer a lockup service so that you can store your luggage while you crisscross the city or cruise the beachfront.
You can call them on 34-871-11-69-96 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Trike Tours – Formula Tours Mallorca
There is plenty to see on this Balearic Island. There are miles of pristine coastline, but there is also a whole different world as you leave the coast and climb into the mountains. This company offers you a unique way to traverse the island. They offer trikes with a difference. The Formula 1 lookalikes allow you to see the countryside and feel the wind on your face at the same time. What's more, whichever of their five tours you opt for, you will be accompanied by one of their knowledgeable local guides who will be able to lead you to the most exciting places to really open up and feel the power of the machine beneath you.
Book your exciting adventure by emailing mallorcabuses.com or call them on 34-971-77-23-95
Best Wine Tour - Sa Clasta Wine Tours
Spanish wines have always had a good reputation among international wine buffs and the wines of Mallorca are no exception. The climate, combined with hundreds of years of viticultural experience, ensure that. Here is a company founded by wine lovers who really know their subject and love to show fellow enthusiasts around. They believe in creating a hassle-free experience and so will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel anywhere on the island. On the way, you will learn, laugh, and of course, taste.
They deal with groups with a maximum of seven people, so to ensure your place, call them on 34-623-19-41-97 or email them at email@example.com
Best e-bike Tours – Green Tours Palma
This company offers you a chance to explore the city of Palma on an electric bike. With little or no effort, you will be able to slide through the streets of this wonderful city and really get a taste for all that it has to offer. There are tours of two or three hours available. If you would prefer your adventure to take place a little closer to the ground then you can choose to tour on one of their e-scooters.
Learn more of what the company has on offer by calling 346-44-86-09-86 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Free Walking Tour – Mallorca Premium Tours
One great way to get a feel for this city is to take a free walking tour. After doing one of these you will be far better placed to decide how to arrange the remainder of your visit. Tours take two hours and you must book in advance, but all you need to do after that is decide how much of a tip you feel your guide deserves. It is entirely down to you. The company also offers a wide range of paid tours so why not do the free walk and then see if you want to delve further?
Call them on 346-83-31-71-92 or you can email them at info@mallorcapremium tours.com
Best Adventure Tours - Explora Mallorca
For some travelers, there is always going to be the urge to do something a little more exciting when visiting a new destination. If you fall into this category then this is the company you need to be talking to. They offer every sort of outdoor adventure you can imagine. Canyoning, trekking, diving, and caving are just some of the many things that they have in their portfolio when catering to those daredevils among you. No matter what level of adrenalin fix you need, this company can help out, and they haven't forgotten the kids either.
Contact them to find out how they can elevate your pulse rate by calling 346-51-19-47-71 or email them at email@example.com
A weekend in Palma
A weekend in Palma isn't nearly enough to see everything the island has to offer. But in this relatively small city, it can be enough to at least get a sense of what Palma offers. Drop off your bags with a Mallorca luggage storage service so you can explore the city more easily. You'll find plenty to do in this Mediterranean location.
- Experience the history of the island at Bellver Castle. This unusual circular fortress dates back to the fourteenth century and offers great views over the surrounding countryside. It's also the perfect place to learn more about the strategic importance of the island.
- Take a walk through the old town of Palma. The narrow streets of the city have barely changed for centuries, and the old buildings are full of interesting restaurants, bars, and cafés. Strolling through the town can easily eat up a sunny afternoon while you enjoy the vibe of the city.
- You can't really go to Mallorca and not wind up on the beach. The city beach of Palma is easy to walk to and offers a half-mile of golden sand. There also showers, toilets, and beach clubs. Rent a lounger and spend the day enjoying the sun and sea that have made Mallorca famous.
As is often the case with ancient cities, Palma is best explored on foot. The reliably great weather and quaint streets of the city simply beg to be explored at a slower pace. Make things easier on yourself by dropping off unneeded bags at a Palma suitcase storage before you begin your trip. You'll be able to see much more of the city that way, and your back will thank you.
Off the beaten path in Palma
Palma receives millions of tourists every year, and in the summer, the narrow streets of the city can become extremely crowded. But as hard as it is to believe on this small island, there are still a few places where you can get away from the crowds. Drop off your backs at a Palma luggage storage locker and explore some of these lesser-known attractions.
- For all the visitors Mallorca receives, few know the island is famous for brandy production. Explore this history at Bodegas Suau, where Brandy is aged in an old cellar just as it has been since the nineteenth century. A tour will help you learn more about this fascinating cultural tradition.
- Take a trip on the oldest working ship in Spain. The Rafael Verdara was launched in 1841, and still sails the Mediterranean on romantic sunset cruisers or whale watching excursions. Head out on the water to enjoy the sunset on this atmospheric vessel.
- See a relic of Arab rule in Mallorca at the Arab baths. Dating back as far as the tenth century, the baths incorporate structural elements from even older buildings from Roman times. The well-manicured garden is a great place to escape the tourist crowds and relax while you explore the island's history.
What to do alone in Palma
Famous throughout the world as a party destination, Mallorca doesn't immediately seem like a place for solo travel. But traveling by yourself can help you escape the tourist crowds and see another side to this Mediterranean island. Drop off your bags at a Palma luggage locker and you'll be able to experience the city all by yourself.
- Explore the food culture of Mallorca at the San Juan Gastronomic Market. Located in what used to be an abattoir, this unique restaurant takes the form of a market with different stalls offering different meals. There’s also live music and DJs, making this a lively place to try delicious food and meet new people.
- Admire the work of famous artist Joan Miro. Miro spent much of his childhood on the island of Mallorca and moved there permanently as an adult. His studio has been preserved just the way it was after his death in 1983. It's a great place to understand the work of this internationally renowned artist.
- Dive headfirst into Mallorca’s wild nightlife on a pub crawl. Knowledgeable guides will take you to all the hottest spots in town, and you’ll quickly make friends with your group as you explore the city together. Just because you’re traveling alone doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the legendary party scene of the island.
The best souvenirs in Palma
Palma is full of souvenir shops where you can pick up T-shirts, sun hats, keychains, and other classic tourist items. However, if you're looking for something more special, Mallorca is famous for its glassware, which has been made on the island for over 300 years. Visit Vidreria Gordiola to see unique glass items and pick out a few for yourself. You could also pick up a pair of avarques, the ubiquitous sandals you'll see just about everywhere on the island. Castell is a great place to shop for this historic footwear. Or you can celebrate an ancient Mallorcan handicraft with a straw basket. Mimbreria Vidal is a charming shop where you can be sure you're getting the real thing.