How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
City Center Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Jan 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near City Center?" Perhaps you just arrived in Budapest and need a place to store your bags near City Center before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Timibeauty - Mammut i., Promod - Duna Plaza Budapest, or Pólus Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Szentendre Dunapart, Széll Kálmán tér, or Heroes' Square (Hősök tere) .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near City Center!
Luggage storage nearby City Center with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Budapest with multiple locations near City Center.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the City Center area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the City Center area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Budapest Zoo (Fővárosi Állat- és Növénykert), New York Café, and Normafa. You can also go for a hike around Pilismaróti Erdészet, Fundoklia völgy, and Kevély-hegyi levendulamező. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Szimpla Kert, Akvárium Klub, and Fogasház.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the City Center area?
✅Multiple locations near City Center✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near City Center with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to City Center really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy City Center and Budapest without your things!
About Budapest City Center
As the ninth-largest city in the European Union, Budapest is not a small place. The city stretches on for miles on either side of the Danube River, and the metropolitan area is home to over three million people – one-third of the population of the entire country of Hungary.
But as large as the city may be, you'll find that most of its attractions are within the center of the city. In fact, Budapest is really two cities. There's Buda, on the west side of the river, built on the hills overlooking the Danube. Then there's Pest, on the other side of the water, built on flatter land. It was only in 1873 that the cities combined to become Budapest. The center of the city is in Pest, close to the river and home to many of the city's top attractions. But the striking hills of Buda also have plenty to offer visitors. Luckily, it's easy to get around the city, and you have the opportunity to explore both sides of this fascinating town.
With thousands of years of history, beautiful buildings, a unique culture, and internationally renowned nightlife, Budapest has something to offer just about anyone. It's no wonder the city receives around 12 million international visitors each year. Whether you're visiting for the first time or are already familiar with the Hungarian capital, Budapest always has something new to offer.
Things to do in Budapest City Center
The heart of Budapest, known as Belvaros in Hungarian, sits right on the eastern bank of the Danube. Bordered by the Grand Boulevard and the river, it's home to much of what makes Budapest so fascinating to visit. You could spend days in the city center alone and still not see all it has to offer.
- See the world's third-largest parliament building —and possibly its most beautiful — at the Hungarian parliament. This magnificent government building sits along the bank of the Danube in the heart of the city, looks more like a fairytale castle than a center of legislation. Guided tours will take you inside to see more of the stunning architecture.
- Take a stroll along the Danube Promenade. This walkway offers views over the wide river that separates the two sides of the city. A pleasant stroll at any time of day, it's best enjoyed close to sunset, when the bridges begin to light up.
- Learn about a dark chapter of Hungarian history at the House of Terror. Once the headquarters of the fascist party, this building now houses a museum devoted to the fascist and communist regimes that ruled the country in the 20th century. Though not for the faint of heart, this unique museum serves as a warning against the dangers of totalitarianism.
- Experience the grandeur of a vanished Empire at the Hungarian State Opera House. Built in 1884 on the orders of Austro-Hungarian Emperor Franz Joseph, this opera house is still considered one of the best in the world. If you can't manage to get tickets to a show, you can take a tour that will explain the history of this grand building and its importance in the cultural life of Hungary.
- Pick up unique souvenirs at Budapest Central Market Hall. This is where locals come to buy meat and vegetables, but it's also a great place to shop for gifts and mementos on the upper floors. Mix with Hungarians and experience the modern side of Budapest.
Transit options in Budapest City Center
- A shuttle bus runs from Deak Ferenc Square in the city center to Franz Liszt International Airport, the largest in the country. The airport connects to most of Europe's major population centers.
- Budapest’s Metro system is practically a tourist attraction in its own right. The early 20th century stations are remarkably well preserved in their orginal glory. The M1 line is even listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Metro currently has four lines, with a fifth potentially on the way. Lines M1, M2, and M3 all stop at Deak Ferenc Ter in Budapest city center.
- Tram line 1 serves the city center, along with many bus routes, making it easy to reach just about anywhere in Budapest.
Luggage storage in Budapest City Center
Much of Budapest city center is very walkable. Combine that with the extensive public transit network, and you'll find it's no challenge to see everything that Budapest has to offer. But whether you're strolling around on foot or hopping on-and-off Metro and streetcar lines, you don't want to be carrying more than you need to.
Drop off your heavy bags at a Bounce location in Budapest city center. Your items will be safely stored until you return, and no matter how many bags you have, Bounce can help you find a place to leave them.
Activities and attractions near Budapest City Center
- Castle Hill: Take the second oldest funicular railway in the world up to Castle Hill. Located on the west side of the Danube in Buda, this hill is home to some of the city's most popular attractions. The sandcastle-like architecture of Fishermen's Bastion is the perfect place to take panoramic photos of the city, and Buda Castle lets you learn more about the history of the rulers of Hungary from medieval times up to the 20th century. Don’t forget to leave any heavy bags behind at a luggage storage shop in Budapest city center before heading up the hill.
- Gellert Baths: Budapest is one of only three capital cities in the world that have naturally occurring hot springs. You can take advantage of this fact at the grand spa of Gellert Baths. The early 20th century Art Nouveau architecture of the building will make you feel like you’ve stepped back in time to the twilight of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the soothing mineral waters are reputed to have medicinal properties. You’ll find a sauna, an open-air pool with artificial waves, and a variety of other hot baths. Make your visit easier by leaving heavy bags at a Budapest city center luggage storage before you go to take the waters.
- Margaret Island: Get some exercise on Margaret Island. Located in the Danube River, this is where residents of Budapest go to stretch their legs and enjoy the outdoors. If you want to keep up your workouts during your trip, the island has a rubber-coated running track that goes all the way around and makes a perfect place for jogging. There's also a musical fountain, and the island is a great place to relax on a sunny day and even enjoy a picnic.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near City Center
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near City Center?
The price for luggage storage near City Center is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near City Center?
There are multiple locations in the City Center area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Nagymaros-Visegrád megállóhely, Piliscsaba vasútállomás, and Vicziántelep megállóhely and all over Budapest.
Is it safe to store your bags near City Center?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near City Center.
Are there storage lockers near City Center?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the City Center area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby City Center and in the broader Budapest area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near City Center?
Popular metro stations like Keleti pályaudvar (M2, M4), Örs vezér tere (M2), or Árpád híd (M3) can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Budapest near City Center, you may be close to some bus stations: Népliget Bus Terminal (Népliget autóbusz-pályaudvar), Örs Vezér tere buszvégállomás M+H, or Volánbusz pályaudvar. If traveling by train, Kelenföld Railway Station (Kelenföld vasútállomás), Western Railway Station (Nyugati pályaudvar), and Eastern Railway Station (Keleti pályaudvar) are nearest to City Center.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near City Center?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near City Center are Danubius Hotel Gellért, Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, and Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near City Center are Infinity Party Hostel, Netizen Hotel/Hostel, and Maverick Urban Lodge.
Where are the best restaurants near City Center?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near City Center are Főzelékfaló Ételbár Étterem WestEnd City Center, Ikea, and Gozsdu Udvar.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near City Center?
Check out the nearby Erzsébet tér, Széllkapu, and Kutyafuttató (Népfürdő utca).